You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

South Africa vs England

Vincent Vega

The first of the four test matches start on Wednesday, can't wait, I reckon we've got their number and have already got under the skins of Smith and Mickey Arthur (Strauss denying Smith a runner in the ICC one day tournament has been turned into something far bigger than it needed to be, and was completely the correct decision imo). Conditions will suit us, as it usually swings out there and I remember Hoggy having great success which augurs well for Anderson, Broad, Sidebottom and Plunkett provided they are all fit. They seem to fear Anderson so it's particularly important he is fit and firing on all cylinders.

We need to do what the Aussies did after being beaten at home by them and go out there and put loads of pressure on them. My prediction, South Africa 1 England 2.

Some thoughts and a thread for all comments on the forthcoming series.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much do you wanna bet?

I'm not a betting man. But you can take my word for it England won't win. South Africa are a much better team. I remember all this hype after 2005 and you went to Pakistan and got beat 2-0. Plus you have no Flintoff. When you need a wicket you turn to him but he's not their anymore.

I'm not a betting man. But you can take my word for it England won't win. South Africa are a much better team. I remember all this hype after 2005 and you went to Pakistan and got beat 2-0. Plus you have no Flintoff. When you need a wicket you turn to him but he's not their anymore.

Bottler. We'll see, I reckon they'll let the expectation and pressure get to them. England's batsmen are in fine form and I think South Africa's attack is overrated with only Steyn and maybe Ntini able to live up to the hype.

The strongest argument for us losing this one. First series without him, and South Africa away is a tough series anyway. Smith will probably be salivating at the prospect of Broad/Plunkett/Sidebottom/Onions/Mahmood on the sun baked roads he has played on all his career. But I think like the Ashes just gone, its two good batting teams against two mediocre bowling teams - I predict 1-1.

Guest Pistonbroke

Well England won the toss and put the South Africans into bat. After a decent start by our bowlers the Saffa's are starting to get the upper hand thanks to Jaques Kallis.

Currently. 195 for 4 after 68 overs. Kallis 68 not out Duminy 18 not out. Broad and Onions with a wicket apiece and Swann with 2.

Guest Pistonbroke
Kallis is looking in decent touch here.

Was interesting to see he has a better Test average than 'The little master'.

A good all rounder and he's 34 now.

Have you seen his missus ? well worth a good knock.

Guest Pistonbroke

England battling back well. Made 356 in the end which is a good effort by the tail end considering the position we were in. Swann with a great 85 and backed up by Anderson sticking about. Now we have south Africa at 47/4 in their second innings. That's a lead of 113 for them, this could be a tight call.