You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he needs to come out and clarifiy this interview them comments dont fill me full of confidence.worrying

No he doesn't. If he did that for every time some journalist cunt twists his words he'd never get to train! You wait. This will get reharshed and magnified to the power 10 come our next match with the Mancs.

I just dont see how this could even be considered. Manc's (fergie) threw a bitch fit when we tried to buy Gabriel Heinze from them 3 years ago, they even sold him to Real for a lesser amount then what we offered. so after 50+ years of not shaking hands w. these cunts are hands are tied if they match 20 mil???

he needs to come out and clarifiy this interview them comments dont fill me full of confidence.worrying

The Walsh to quit Liverpool after outburst

Following goalkeeper Pepe Reina's threat to quit Liverpool FC for much reviled rivals Manchester United, the cracks have begun to show amongst the Reds' usually-loyal support. In an outburst which has shaken the Kop to its very core, prominent supporter "the walsh" has increased speculation that fans may actually follow the much-loved goalkeeper out of the club. The statement, which demanded "clarity" and "coming out", suggested that recent events around Anfield had left the supporters bereft of confindence and worried that the club may not be able to compete at the top level in the near future.

Stories are made out of the words available. Ignore them until you know the true intent.

De Gea (sp) from Atletico Madrid will probably go on to be even better than Pepe, wouldn't mind him if Pepe decides to call it a day here. Fantastic shot-stopper and (with the potential to be) more dominant in the box as well (always hard to compare how well he'd do in England, but he certainly has the height!).

Would obviously like Pepe to stay forever, but I think recent events have shown anything is possible in modern football, even if I've always thought Pepe was the player most in sync with the club's traditions and thinking, including Gerrard and perhaps even Carra!

Ironically he's one of the names that United have been seriously linked with. I did say in another thread last week that reading between the lines in the Evening News coverage, Pepe is a target for the mancs - whether people think he'd go or not is another issue but someone would have to be mentally damaged not to recognise that there will be a very serious bid coming in for him.

Need to get him on a new contract despite him just signing one. Thanks to the ineptitude of Christian Purslow (yet again!!) there will be always be a threat that one day he could decide to go to the Mancs and theres nothing we could do about it. At least if we get rid of this clause we can do to them what they did with Heinze.

This is really beginning to get on my tits.

He has a contract until 2016 (!), we are moving in the right direction, HE comes out and talks about wanting to do this or that and it is PURSLOW's fucking fault?

Footballers are knobheads.

Apparently WE, the fans, owe them something, we ought to be grateful for all the effort they put in for their 100,000+ a week. Yet, they can just pop up with shite like this whenever they, or their agents (employed by them) feel like it, pointing to what outstanding things they have already done....which of course the club who employed them has nothing to do with.

Anything good: ME, ME, ME. Anything bad: THEY. Don't be mad at Mascherano, or Torres or Reina, nothing to do with them. Let's blame the FORMER MD.

They can all go to fuck.

He has a contract until 2016 (!), we are moving in the right direction, HE comes out and talks about wanting to do this or that and it is PURSLOW's fucking fault?

Putting a £20m clause in our goalkeepers contract so we couldnt even reject a bid from Man Utd if they met it is Purslow's fault. I know you absolutely idolise the man but he's one of the most inept men that has ever worked for the club even Hodgson said he was an interfering tool.

Thankfully FSG know what they're doing and one of the first things they did when arriving was demote him.

I'm wondering if these clauses that Reina and Torres are supposed to have/had actually exist. Balague is adament they don't. Maybe the club knowing both wanted to sign for other english teams last year have put it out there that these clauses exist to cover there backs so when the inevitable happens, like Torres last week and Reina in the summer the excuse is there that they have no choice but to sell.

I am almost certain Reina will sign for Arsenal in the summer. It's widely accepted they tried to sign him in the summer add to that Arsenal bought no one else and were only trying to sign Schwarzer who was obvioulsy only seen as a short term signing.

Putting a £20m clause in our goalkeepers contract so we couldnt even reject a bid from Man Utd if they met it is Purslow's fault. I know you absolutely idolise the man but he's one of the most inept men that has ever worked for the club even Hodgson said he was an interfering tool.

Thankfully FSG know what they're doing and one of the first things they did when arriving was demote him.

There goes my point, right over your head.

So, Purslow comes to Reina and says, out of the blue: You know what, I know you haven't asked for it, but I will put in a 20m release clause.

Reina, looking surprised, says: Christian, thanks a lot, you are such a great bloke. I had not tought of that, but I will have it anyway.

It is pathetic to think that CP did all of this without the players having ANY say in that. I know they are not clever but they can look after their own interests.

Quite apart from that, even if this clause exists and even if that money was offered, Reina can still say no. If he does not, it will be down to no-one but himself.

There goes my point, right over your head.

So, Purslow comes to Reina and says, out of the blue: You know what, I know you haven't asked for it, but I will put in a 20m release clause.

Reina, looking surprised, says: Christian, thanks a lot, you are such a great bloke. I had not tought of that, but I will have it anyway.

It is pathetic to think that CP did all of this without the players having ANY say in that. I know they are not clever but they can look after their own interests.

Quite apart from that, even if this clause exists and even if that money was offered, Reina can still say no. If he does not, it will be down to no-one but himself.

I think the point has gone right over your head so it's hilariously ironic you saying that! Just because a player wanted it you dont have to pander to it.

Its a low fee even for a goalkeeper and now leaves us with the chance of losing our goalkeeper to Man Utd. It was dreadful, dreadful ineptitude.

Just like his constant interference in the background, just like his hiring of Roy Hodgson, just like Torres and Reina's clauses etc etc. The man is an idiot.

You and others idolise him because he got rid of Benitez, thats fair enough but lets not pretend he's good at his job, he isnt and thats why he got demoted straight away.

I think the point has gone right over your head so it's hilariously ironic you saying that! Just because a player wanted it you dont have to pander to it.

Its a low fee even for a goalkeeper and now leaves us with the chance of losing our goalkeeper to Man Utd. It was dreadful, dreadful ineptitude.

Just like his constant interference in the background, just like his hiring of Roy Hodgson, just like Torres and Reina's clauses etc etc. The man is an idiot.

You and others idolise him because he got rid of Benitez, thats fair enough but lets not pretend he's good at his job, he isnt and thats why he got demoted straight away.

You know as much about my opinion on Purslow as you know about football, by the looks of it...or contract negotiations, for that matter.

Memo to self: Ignore from now on.

I really think Reina will go in the summer probably to Arsenal to join his mate down in London. If it happens then fuck him like the rest as I believe they are leaving for a change of scenery more than anything else. Fucks sake we could overtake the 2 clubs in question with a bit of tweaking to the squad so all that shite about honours is a piss take. Why have they waited until we have finally looked like coming back to decide to fuck off

I'm hopeful the club will be on to this early doors and we have to move sharpish as utd are looking as well.

I like the stoke keeper from the prem but can't say I know that many in europe apart from Lyon keeper but i'm sure Commolli will up to speed with all this.

This is all crystal ball shite I know and Pepe will come out soon to reassure us and won't we 'punters ' be all giddy with excitement that he's doing what he's paid to do.

I'm not falling for it anymore so if he decides to go so fucking what.