You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I repeat it's nailed on that Ajax keeper is going to United, even the Ajax fans have accepted it

It wouldn't surprise me and if Van Der Sar has a word to say regarding their new keeper I think it's very likely to happen.

Stekelenburg is still a relatively young keeper with his his best years ahead of him.

Hoping this is media bollocks. I know there's the idea that nothing is impossible after Torres, but him going to the Chavs and a washed-up Owen ending up at the Mancs via Real and the barcodes is one thing, but I just can't see a direct transfer between us and the scum happening. When was the last time that happened - the 60s?

I don't think this will get much attention in the press until the week leading up to 6th March and then it will get the full glare of the media that it deserves.

This.

Papers will even write that he has agreed in private that he would join United in the summer.

Personally I don't think there's much in this, despite some quotes, mainly because we don't know in what context these quotes were made. We don't know what preceded them and you can bet your life what Reina said after has been omitted.

Of course they may be true, and after recent events nothing would surprise me. Pre-Dalglish 'news' like this may of upset me, now I find myself in agreement with the King. If he wants to leave then let him go, no player is bigger than the club, he will be replaced and we will endure, as always.

The badge is more important than the player.

I would take this story with a pinch of salt. These stories always come out when the spanish players go on International duty.

There is nothing the english tabloids like more than quotes translated from a foreign language. They know the majority of the readership can't check the accuracy and they know any errors (also known as willful misrepresentation) can be passed off as a translation error.

These stories are always bollocks the players never turn out to have said what is quoted at all.

In January, Reina pledged his future to Liverpool, insisting that he would honour his contract with the Merseysiders.

"I'm tired of rumours linking me with many teams in England and abroad," he told the Daily Star Sunday. "I am a man of my word and commitment. I will honour my contract with Liverpool. Stories of these offers are not true. I have not spoken to anyone - ever - and I am 100% a Liverpool player.

"Since I've been here, I've found an incredible passion - more than I thought from Spain. Liverpool as a club is sacred, it is something special. Being Liverpool's goalkeeper is a privilege. For now, I just want to win trophies for them."

Comparing this with the latest interview, I think you can be nothing but nervous until they have signed a replacement.

2 things -

1) I think if we carry on in the same veign Pepe will stay. He has seen a club in free-fall for the last 2 years and all his mates leave - we are now on the way up, and this will only improve when Kenny is given a new contract

2) Refuse any Manc offer that comes in. He is under contract and we don't have to sell if it doesn't suit us.

Personally, if he goes, so be it. We as a club are on the up, if ANY player doesn't want to be apart of it, then they can fuck off. Pepe is worth at least £35m in today's inflated prices, to have a £20m release fee inserted is just sheer incompetence.

I have complete trust in Kenny and Henry to do right by Liverpool Football Club.

I don't know why the guy is treated with such reverence by some fans. He seems to come out with something like this every other month. He knows what's being planned, he knows the likely time scale, so shut up or go. If he's such a sainted red it would be very easy for him to stop this nonsense once and for all.

I don't know why the guy is treated with such reverence by some fans. He seems to come out with something like this every other month. He knows what's being planned, he knows the likely time scale, so shut up or go. If he's such a sainted red it would be very easy for him to stop this nonsense once and for all.

He did. The papers keep running shit like this to sell them.

None of these quotes are reported in the spanish media. Pepe was on Onda Cero with Fernando Torres. He talked about how people should understand why Fernando left and how he scored a lot of good goals and played good football over the last 3.5 seasons and people should understand his decision to move on because people come and go in football. They both talked about how they are good friends. I listened to a clip from the show here

Reina: "No está siendo fácil para Torres, pero lo disimula"

They are not suggesting in Spain that he has said anything to imply he will leave or that shows a lack of committment.

So really nothing much to this as far as I can tell from a quick google of the spanish media

De Gea (sp) from Atletico Madrid will probably go on to be even better than Pepe, wouldn't mind him if Pepe decides to call it a day here. Fantastic shot-stopper and (with the potential to be) more dominant in the box as well (always hard to compare how well he'd do in England, but he certainly has the height!).

Would obviously like Pepe to stay forever, but I think recent events have shown anything is possible in modern football, even if I've always thought Pepe was the player most in sync with the club's traditions and thinking, including Gerrard and perhaps even Carra!