You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Souness used to praise a player by saying 'He's a man,' which, sadly, usually meant he was Julian Dicks or Paul Stewart. I'd prefer to say, in this instance, he's an adult - he seems bright, thoughtful and responsible. He's going to make the most of this move. That's what you need.

The thing that makes me quite indulgent towards to him is his professionalism. I don't doubt for a minute that he's going to work and work - and think - to improve, in stark contrast to the likes of some other recent signings. Every time he comes off the pitch I suspect he's going to analyse everything he did and didn't do and try to learn from it. Maybe he won't progress, but, a bit like Craig Johnston, he isn't here to deliberately waste his time or ours.

I hope he does turn out to be a bit more Craig Johnston than Erik Maier!

Guest PurpleNose

Think he could end up being more effective off the bench. Rather see him upfront or on the right than on the left.

Much better at cutting inside and getting shots away than crossing the ball.

He runs like somebody who is holding in a shit and is desperate to get to the toilet, but knows they're not going to make it.

Ability wise, I think it's a bit early to write him off. The team haven't settled, some key personnel are missing, and our first choice eleven probably includes one player suspended and two others newly/nearly-signed. When the team is settled and playing the way Hodgson wants we'll be in a position to judge him.

He seems a bit reticent to shoot, which is annoying. He needs a goal, soon. Maybe would be best from the bench. His pace will come n handy and the ball seems to stick to him when he builds up a head of steam.

I was fuming with him not shooting in the first half yesterday but when I saw it again on tv the pass from Gerrard was going away from him & he couldn't have got around the shot.

Had been wondering who he reminded me of until Dave U pointed out it was Al Bundy. Will struggle to take him seriously now.