You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total BS or somewhat legit? I want to know about the "firms" and all. I am a Yank and I was actually accepted into Harvard, but i was seriously a history major at the Naval Academy(those that saw the movie know what i mean). In the replys, please explain the whole Millwall thing.

Read Bill Buford's Among The Thugs. Good insight into that shit.

I personally would like to see Danny Dyer and Ray Winstone fight to the death with both hands tied behind their backs and sharpened lollypop sticks sellotaped to their feet as weapons.

Both I absolutely hate beyond comprehension.

As for these hooligan films. Well done cunts on reigniting a desire amongst young men (boys) to be...cunts!

Also, the hooligan element still very much exists but on a much smaller scale these days due to policing etc.

I used to work with an old school Chelsea fan and he said every time they went in large numbers to Millwall they would get twatted. They decided to go in packs of two or three the years after there were big ambushes. Most Millwall fans seem to know each other and are able to detect strangers from a mile away so any chance of infiltrating their "firm" is almost impossible. If you aren't recognised from any of the nearby estates they will just fill you in. They singled him and two of his mates out straight away even when they wore normal clothes and he has a strong Cockney accent. They got chased to the train station and got ambushed in one carriage and completely battered. He went back a few years ago when they moved to the new Den and he got surrounded on the walk up to the ground but this time he escaped without a hiding.

I also worked with a Millwall fan in Cambridge and he said the Millwall firm completely trashed Regent Street in the city centre when they played Cambridge United in the FA Cup and ambushed tons of bouncers who were put on the pub doors. They played each other 3 years later and Cambridge police advised all the pubs and shops to close before and after the game. The lad I worked with said it was more about getting into aggro than actually watching Millwall but couldn't explain why.

Total BS or somewhat legit? I want to know about the "firms" and all. I am a Yank and I was actually accepted into Harvard, but i was seriously a history major at the Naval Academy(those that saw the movie know what i mean). In the replys, please explain the whole Millwall thing.

Probably the shittest thing about this shit film is that it's set in the present, rather than about 20 years ago. West Ham fans - like most fans - simply aren't like that any more. (The exceptions are, invariably, those teams where the football is so unwatchable that twatting someone seems preferable.)

As for West Ham/Millwall rivalry, I've been told that it has its roots in London's gangs of the 1950s and 1960s - it started as a bit of a "turf war" between gangs from East London and South London and sort of leached into the football.

West Ham grew out of it. Millwall are knuckle-dragging cunts.

I suppose the firm culture would be different in liverpool compared to the rest of the country. This is highlighted so well in the book "the boys from the mersey". Most scouse lads won't bullshit you about how 4 of them ran 30 lads outside a pub in moss side or how they stood their ground against ten times as many germans like the cockneys would........they will happily tell you that they would give it serious toes!

The cockney firms are the biggest dipshits of all with all their hillarious stories. Back in the day when i travelled with the Pool all around the country, the most terrifying places were Middlesboro, Leeds and Wolves (the subways near Mollineaux were proper ambush territory). Though i never travelled to the Old Den.

• 4 months later...

Going to the match in the late seventies early eigthies was a totally different experience.

I remember Spurs mid week and a couple of League cup finals and stick the Man U semi 86 both at Goodison and the replay at Maine Road.

To get back to lime street in one piece and get a chip out of the Lobster Pot was one hell of an achievement.

Roma when we won was not too pleasant either. Going up North was never good, sore thumb and standing out springs to mind. Leeds and the Chelsea when we won the League and played them in the cup etc, etc.

It was an era that passed and for the better. Like everthing times change. A happy medium would be nice but we never, really get what we want.

Lad I used to work with was well into all that shite. Was a pretty decent bloke during the week and someone you'd quite happily go for a few beers with, but come match day he just thoroughly enjoyed going out for a kicking, whether he was on the giving or receiving end didn't seem to matter to him.

I rmemeber a Panorama (I think) special on Millwalls hooligans, showed them up for what they were and still are, inbred fucking morons. They had a weapon they uised to bring to matches 'the Millwall brick'[ it was made from a newspaper and was fucking wicked.

There was one away game at Bristol City and they showed them on the coach going there, one of the morons said "let's give these norvern barstards a facking good kicking", erm isn't Bristol further south than London?

If you can get hold of this it's a good insight into hooligan behaviour.

I think my favourite hooligan story was of a Liverpool fan going to West Ham away, he'd hitched there and was skint, he got jumped by a gang of cockernees, and as he was laying on the floor covered in blood he shouted to the gang "hey mate, can you give us some money I've got no money to get in the game", the gang were so shocked at his cheek they stopped, had a whip round and gave him a load of money and took him the game!!!

Can anyone help me? I don't know how to get rid of the reference from this thread on google when I type in a name. The post was deleted but on google you can clearly see part of what was said. When I clicked onto the cached bit next to the google link it brings up a TLW page with the post not deleted.

Back in 2007 when we lost 3-0 to Everton, I was walking through Stanley Park, past Anfield and was going to the Oakfield Pub.

Fucking gutted I was, but had to laugh at this fella with a 'Spiderman' mask on with his mates, obviously high as a fucking kite like, but at least he was hiding the pain well.

Anyway the pub was packed so we stood outside, about an hour after full-time an Everton Supporters mini bus drives down past the pub, next minute this fella in the spiderman mask and his mates throw every single thing they can get their hands on.

The stupid fucking idiot driving the mini bus tried to get out the bus and ended up getting his front window smashed. They sped off down the road and the smack heads that bricked it ran after it, never to be seen.

Some minutes passed when two riot vans turned up, coming into the pub searching every Tom dick and Harry, there was this nice looking girl at the bar, dressing like a bit of a slag like but still half decent. Anyway someone at the back shouts 'You ain't gonna search her are you mate?' and the place erupted in laughter, even the fellas in the full riot squad gear where chuckling.

Totally surreal day that

Football hooligans?

Definition: A bunch of cowards who would gather in mobs of sometimes hundreds, with the intention of running at a much smaller mob with no intention of actually getting involved in a fight. Often turning to run away from said much smaller mob if they counter-charged. The reputation of such low lifes has been embellished in recent years by books and films depicting "tooled up hardcases" taking on much bigger mobs than those they were with.

Myth and lies. Take the books and films with an extremely large pinch of salt, especially the stories about the "urchins". A bunch of cowards trying to make money from their exaggerated stories.