You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - Sun 10th Mar 2024 (3:45pm)

It's incredible what these lads have done this season and especially in the last few weeks. When you look at the players we've been missing and still are missing, top,top players like Mo, who hasn't started a game since early January, Trent, Jota, Matip, Konate this weekend - compared with the absences suffered by our rivals (Grealish, meh, Zinchenko - weak link, Tomiyasu etc), it's amazing. Meaning that the lads who are available are having to play lots of minutes, and the youngsters who are drafted in have to perform. And then factor in the regular shaftings we're getting from PGMOL - stonewall penalties not given against Arsenal, City, the Spurs fiasco, Brighton away. There would be clear daylight between us and the rest if PGMOL had a higher level of competence and integrity. Of course, we got a contentious drop ball in our own box last week, so I suppose that evens it all out.

We're way ahead of any expectations I had at the start of the season, but it will be a travesty if Klopp doesn't sign off with more silverware than what we've already won this season.

• Upvote 2

Furious about the pen decision at the end . VAR just bottled it and came up with a very weak argument for not overturning Oliver’s spineless decision to pass it upstairs. Apart from that we came out with heads held high after a miserable first half that could , perhaps should, have seen the Saudis out of sight. Just a pity Diaz couldn’t have finished one of his chances and secured the win in the end we fully deserved. Still well in the frame for the title.

27 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Furious about the pen decision at the end . VAR just bottled it and came up with a very weak argument for not overturning Oliver’s spineless decision to pass it upstairs. Apart from that we came out with heads held high after a miserable first half that could , perhaps should, have seen the Saudis out of sight. Just a pity Diaz couldn’t have finished one of his chances and secured the win in the end we fully deserved. Still well in the frame for the title.

Yeah it's done now, we're still in a good position, Arsenal dropping points against them puts it back in our hands. 

We performed incredibly against one of the best teams in the world, that should have been our hardest test til the end of the season and we passed it, we've got big players coming back soon and we should go into every remaining game full of confidence that we can win every one of them.

4 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

You can't be offside on a corner because it is physically impossible. You can't be offside on a throw as a rule.

Tis a rule on corners as well. And, at the risk of being pedantic, you could have a player ahead of the ball when taking a corner. 

Actually much angrier now about the penalty decision. The officials completely bottled it and it’s a reoccurring theme. The Spurs situation, Jackson handball on opening day, Odegarrd playing fucking basketball and then yesterday. 

We’re still in a really good position but have been royally fucked by the officials.

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Barnesey said:

Tis a rule on corners as well. And, at the risk of being pedantic, you could have a player ahead of the ball when taking a corner. 

Because the ball is deemed to be on the goal line regardless of where it is placed in the quadrant - naught to do with anything else. To be fully pedantic (need a bit of that) we will need to add goal kicks in as well.

40 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Actually much angrier now about the penalty decision. The officials completely bottled it and it’s a reoccurring theme. The Spurs situation, Jackson handball on opening day, Odegarrd playing fucking basketball and then yesterday. 

We’re still in a really good position but have been royally fucked by the officials.

If we had the right decisions (right, not favorable), we will at least be 3 points clear.

• Upvote 1

Nearly 24 hours has passed, still royally fuming at the result. Add to that Gooner twatstains at work lording it big time. Yeah right fuckers, enjoy it while it lasts. Hoping for Haaland and co. to give them a dry bumming (with reds and injuries galore for both teams) at the Emptyhad.

Is it wrong for me to be wishing dog AIDS and cancer of the cock on Oliver, Webb, Tierney, Coote, that cunt who elbowed Robbo and got off scot-free and their ilk? 

(Sian Massey excepted, on account of not possessing said appendage but also one of the good, competent ones, a rare breed indeed)

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, NoelM said:

The atmosphere sounds incredible.

This was probably the best bit of the whole match atmosphere wise. Everyone singing in unison, and could sense City looked rattled.

Rather concerning was the sing sing before the match through the tannoy, like a happy clappy Christian fund raiser. When I walked on the kop half an hour before the game I felt like I was in china town. How the fuck all these tourists get big match tickets FSG only knows. They pay hundreds and get a free butty in a pub down the road included and people tolerate this shit? As for George reading out adverts at deafening volume, and constant requests for the kop to sit down, can they be doing anymore to try and destroy the atmosphere?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Can you nerds make a new thread to argue over your corner quadrants please. 

Don't even know why it's an argument - you can't be offside from a corner, throw in or goal kick. Fuck knows what that's got to do with quadrants.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Quite noticable how referring standards have gotten even worse since the start of this season.  Can't think why...

Let's be honest about it. It has somehow got worse since Howard Webb took over. And quite incredibly he has only been in the job 15 months. And his predecessor was fucking Mike Riley. It's genuinely an incredible achievement to make referees quite so bad, in quite such a short space of time. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, magicrat said:

What Saudis? The first half was okay aside from the first 10 or 15 mins tbf. We just took a bit of time to get going but you need the ball first to do that.

City usually start games like a whirlwind to try and get an early goal so they can sit back in cruise control. We tend to keep an even pace so we have plenty left to come on strong second half.  

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

VAR was meant to make the game better and get the tough decisions spot on. It’s done the complete opposite. Oliver bottled such a big decision. 

I've no issue with the refs missing things. Sure isn't that was var was brought in to help. 

But the fact the silly fucks in the var room don't want to overtuen the on field referees decision. That's the problem. 

Spineless fucking cunts. 

If that was me, and I'm the var guy, I'm looking at it and just point blankly saying. 

"that's a penalty, he's kicked him in the chest" 

Not all this "eh, you might want to look at the monitor" bollox. 

No, it's a pen, just fucking give it. Simple as fucking that

2 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I've no issue with the refs missing things. Sure isn't that was var was brought in to help. 

But the fact the silly fucks in the var room don't want to overtuen the on field referees decision. That's the problem. 

Spineless fucking cunts. 

If that was me, and I'm the var guy, I'm looking at it and just point blankly saying. 

They’ve bottled it and all, or it’s corrupt. It’s completely not fit for purpose because the cunts running it are shitbags. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Spineless fucking cunts. 

If Oliver had gone to the monitor, he would have given it. That's a problem. There are people who say that Oliver specifically doesn't want to be told to go look at something. 

9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

If Oliver had gone to the monitor, he would have given it. That's a problem. There are people who say that Oliver specifically doesn't want to be told to go look at something. 

Fuck what he wants he's an employee of the league, he should officiate games to the rules and deal with it. The PGMOL seems to have this opinion that they are the bosses of the game, you are just admin do your fucking work.

• Upvote 3

Dean, I think it's him, saying  on Sky that Oliver believed he got the ball first, VAR looked, confirmed he got the ball first so therefore that was that. 

Surely VAR should be saying, yes he got the ball but it was reckless, have a look. 

It's bollocks, next week, get the ball but follow through is enough to give foul, as it correctly should be, according to refs that game/week/specific incident. 

Not that I watch the shit sport of rugby but don't they have a big screen where the assistant shows the play for the ref to review without having to toddle off to a pissy little monitor? Would speed things up a lot and have the ref make the call instead of the var assistant.

* Bin it off altogether would be my preference but how it is now clearly doesn't work

20 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Dean, I think it's him, saying  on Sky that Oliver believed he got the ball first, VAR looked, confirmed he got the ball first so therefore that was that. 

Surely VAR should be saying, yes he got the ball but it was reckless, have a look. 

It's bollocks, next week, get the ball but follow through is enough to give foul, as it correctly should be, according to refs that game/week/specific incident. 

Even if  he got the ball first, it was dangerous play, so a foul.

The fact it comes off Mac Allister first takes the shithousery to an extra level. 

• Upvote 3