You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - Sun 10th Mar 2024 (3:45pm)

1 hour ago, Barnesey said:

Ive not read all of this debate but you cannot be offside from a corner. Dems the rules

That's the bottom line. Endo's block at Wembley and Aké's block yesterday were both perfectly fine, in themselves, it's just that one was offside and the other wasn't.

We got done by a very clever, very well executed set-piece. It happens.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, piphomer said:

How?

You can be stood on the goal line. And the ball could be on the outside of the quadrant I guess and slightly played forward to then near post. But I always thought though the rule was just you can't be offside from a corner, just as you can't from a throw in. 

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

You can be stood on the goal line. And the ball could be on the outside of the quadrant I guess and slightly played forward to then near post. But I always thought though the rule was just you can't be offside from a corner, just as you can't from a throw in. 

Hmm yes I suppose that's right. Most players place the ball as far back on the quadrant as they can, don't they.

Turns out, it is the rule.

Law 11 - Offside (thefa.com)

image.png

• Upvote 1

You can see why Jurgen demeanour is jovial now, he just no longer gives a fuck. He knows he's up against the House and is just trying to enjoy the ride. 

If you noticed he's no longer angry, he knows he's leaving the madhouse.

All the shit we had last week over forest, over a nothing incident compared to the lack of furore over yesterdays controversial decision shows that the whole thing is controlled. Sky deliberately kept the incident under control and practically dismissed it. MOTD the same.

Football has gone to the dogs. Theres too much money swashing around, theres too many power influences running the game, theres too many conflicts of interests when nation states are owning and running teams. And I truly believe the reason we don't get the clarity in game on VAR is because they can subtly influence a game without the blow back. They just wheel out Howard Webb a few weeks later when everyone has moved on to apologise or explain.

Corrupt to the core and for Jurgen sake im glad he's getting out.

10 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

That's what carragher said. He was talking absolute fucking shite was well. 

Yeah, well. He’s a ‘paid shill’ don’t you know. And it’s not fair because Man City cheat and I really wanted to win and it’s all corrupt because the referees went to the Middle East. Draw it in, bunch of fucking babies. Same old whining shite. 

• Downvote 4

15 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Yeah, well. He’s a ‘paid shill’ don’t you know. And it’s not fair because Man City cheat and I really wanted to win and it’s all corrupt because the referees went to the Middle East. Draw it in, bunch of fucking babies. Same old whining shite. 

I can see a bluebird on your shoulder there, Mary Poppins.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, The wanderer said:

Hearing they’re straggling band of supporters are unhappy with chants about Foden’s ma. Couldn’t hear it on telly so must have been in the Anny road end.

Says the only group of fans who, to my knowledge, have ever forced a minute's silence to be abandoned. Tramp fanbase. Classless pieces of shit.

• Upvote 4

How do you bribe referees and get away with it, without questions being asked about why they've been paid off by the owners of a club? 

You pay them for refereeing games in a different country and pretend everything is legitimate. 

19 hours ago, Pete said:

Not worried about the line up at all. More concerned about the referee team.

And you were right. 

10 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Thought we played well, at points, very well.

Match was there to be won in that second half and I do think Firmino and Mane would have got us 3 points.

Good point, though, and I would have broken your hand for it after 30 minutes.

Maybe prime Bobby and Sadio would have been better at finishing their dinner but they wouldnt have had Macca; Dom; Bradley and co serving it up to them. 

1 hour ago, The wanderer said:

Hearing they’re straggling band of supporters are unhappy with chants about Foden’s ma. Couldn’t hear it on telly so must have been in the Anny road end.

TBF I heard it on the TV and was pissing myself. 

She hasnt died; there were no death threats. Perfectly ok if she is gonna make a derp of herself. Much like John Terry's ma and Gary Nevilles Dad were joked about. 

15 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

And you were right. 

Maybe prime Bobby and Sadio would have been better at finishing their dinner but they wouldnt have had Macca; Dom; Bradley and co serving it up to them. 

TBF I heard it on the TV and was pissing myself. 

She hasnt died; there were no death threats. Perfectly ok if she is gonna make a derp of herself. Much like John Terry's ma and Gary Nevilles Dad were joked about. 

I was thinking specifically if Mane had that chance instead of Diaz.

He made his living running onto passes like that.

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

The ball cannot be "outside the quadrant" on a corner - it would be moved before the kick or re taken if it was deemed to be and the quadrant is part of the goal line.

You can't be offside on a corner because it is physically impossible. You can't be offside on a throw as a rule.

I’m still angry about that penalty decision, one thing that was not mentioned was the speed of the review, why did they not take more time to review  such a season defining moment.  It all stinks as at the end of the season those  2 points will almost certainly be the difference. 

I can't believe people still think its nothing dodgy going on that was a pen all day long and there's absolutely no reason not to give it and i mean its not just once this has happened been numerous decisions now

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Its as quiet as the grave today in all media streams. Youtube, Talkshite, Football365, all the papers apart from the Guardian. Last week you'd think we put down Nunos dog.

Yes apart from Sky Sports leading with it. Conshpirashy

IMG_3172.png