You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) PL - Sat 20th Feb 2021 at 17:30

TheDrowningMan

4 minutes ago, Gooch said:

It's ridiculously tedious how much people go on about the refs here. Don't look any better than the bad tits on twatter who dabble in conspiracy theories every 5 minutes to suit whatever warped view they have for their respective teams.

Football is shite.

oh fucking do one. 

yeah we are shite but don't fucking tell me that what i can see with my own eyes is wrong. its not fucking incompetence at all. its more than that.

• Upvote 1

Just now, an tha said:

Don't forget failing to beat an abysmal Newcastle, losing to a Southampton team without a league win since (musy be 6 games), imploding and collapsing against Man City and Leicester...

And now to top it all of we've pissed an over 10 and an over 20 year record over these twats up the wall...totally and completely fucking unacceptable....especially how meekly we've done it.

I'm not forgetting any of those games either, this one, though, is the toughest to live with. Thank fuck the pubs are closed and we don't have to see any of their retarded fucking smirks around the city. I fucking hate the cunts.

Just now, Mathewbet1 said:

Can anyone sum this one up

1. We were poor and can’t complain about losing.

2. Bobby is pretty much done.

3. The ref helpfully confirmed that, while our form may be shite at the moment, they are definitely looking to fuck us over whenever they can. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, m0e said:

He's got the spine of his team dislodged.

The spine that he built that won us everything.

Imagine Terry and Carvalho out for the season in 2005. Or Stam Johnsen in 99. Or Toure Campbell in 04. Or Hyppia Carragher in 05. Or Vidic Ferdinand in 08.

Now imagine their cover also being out for the season.

Now imagine Makelele and Essien taken out of midfield and put into the defence to compensate.

Or Keane and Butt. Or Petit and Viera. Or Gerrard and Hamman.

Do you get the point, or do I have to spell it out for you even more?

Now, what's your hypthesis?

No, I do not get the point.  We do not have the players to score goals against teams playing deep.  Why?  Because we do not have movement from the midfield players and we have an absolute dead weight playing in the number 9 shirt who insists on wasting possession almost every time he gets the ball.  By the way, this is not fixed with Henderson back in midfield.  He's hardly the creative, dynamic, forward looking player we need.  We might stop leaking goals when we get some CBs back, but we struggle every time a team organises and sits deep.  We'll still create very little.  We need some fresh ideas on and off the pitch.  Klopp and the board need to sort this out in the summer.  And it's hypothesis.

7 minutes ago, m0e said:

He's got the spine of his team dislodged.

The spine that he built that won us everything.

Imagine Terry and Carvalho out for the season in 2005. Or Stam Johnsen in 99. Or Toure Campbell in 04. Or Hyppia Carragher in 05. Or Vidic Ferdinand in 08.

Now imagine their cover also being out for the season.

Now imagine Makelele and Essien taken out of midfield and put into the defence to compensate.

Or Keane and Butt. Or Petit and Viera. Or Gerrard and Hamman.

Do you get the point, or do I have to spell it out for you even more?

Now, what's your hypthesis?

None of those teams make the error of weakening the midfield as well by playing them out of position  

Just now, torahboy said:

I'm not forgetting any of those games either, this one, though, is the toughest to live with. Thank fuck the pubs are closed and we don't have to see any of their retarded fucking smirks around the city. I fucking hate the cunts.

Oh this one is absolutely fucking gut wrenching.......real proper kick in the bollocks.

Nothing worse than losing to these, especially given the records we were defending against them.

We won't get top 4. We might win the Champions League because I have a feeling that they will play it at the end of the season from the next round and a cup competition could suit us especially as we won't have anything to lose.

The most distasteful thing was Carra. Yeah Kabak was poor but he went out of his way to talk about how poor he was. I really didn't like that. 

No point talking about Tyler because he is about as neutral regarding us as Fox News is about the Democrats. The officials are a disgrace but again no point ranting about them. It doesn't shock me at all - again why aren't our lads in the ear of the ref. 

We will be back next season but I'd nearly rather we give players game time for next season. Give Kelleher plenty of games so he gets even more gametime in advance of next season. Try a few more academy/u23 players. Recall Elliot from Blackburn. Nothing to lose.

I actually want Kabak to get plenty of games. Let's see if he can turn it around. If he can't, I guess we go all out for Botman or the Croatian lad at Marseille.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

We haven’t been figured out, we’re playing shit. No energy, no tempo, no movement, no pressing, no belief. A mediocre performance from us would’ve had these beat.

We'll agree to disagree. 

City aside, the teams who've beat us at Anfield have adopted a similar tactical approach. Defend well and defend deep and let us have the ball and see if our workmanlike midfield can create anything while their organised defence mop up the crosses. 

I can't remember the last time we scored a goal like their opener tonight. With a creative attacking midfielder sliding in the forward behind the back line. Our inability to break down deep defending teams is a huge problem. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

We won't get top 4. We might win the Champions League because I have a feeling that they will play it at the end of the season from the next round and a cup competition could suit us especially as we won't have anything to lose.

The most distasteful thing was Carra. Yeah Kabak was poor but he went out of his way to talk about how poor he was. I really didn't like that. 

No point talking about Tyler because he is about as neutral regarding us as Fox News is about the Democrats. The officials are a disgrace but again no point ranting about them. It doesn't shock me at all - again why aren't our lads in the ear of the ref. 

We will be back next season but I'd nearly rather we give players game time for next season. Give Kelleher plenty of games so he gets even more gametime in advance of next season. Try a few more academy/u23 players. Recall Elliot from Blackburn. Nothing to lose.

I actually want Kabak to get plenty of games. Let's see if he can turn it around. If he can't, I guess we go all out for Botman or the Croatian lad at Marseille.

The Sky text stream were giving Kabak shit from about 3 mins

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

The penalty was the least of our problems tonight.

No, it’s not the least of our problems. It might not have mattered today, but at crucial moments in other games earlier in the season this shit has fucked us. That stalls momentum and makes players think that whatever they do it won’t matter. Heads drop. Indifference creeps in. Take out all the leaders in the pitch (Hendo, VVD and Milner) and one or two other crucial injuries and it all builds up. It’s very much part of it.

I really wanted to believe it’s just that refs are shite, but it’s happening too often, to us more than anyone, and tonight was fucking unreal in just how blatant it was.

• Upvote 2

Just now, BeefStroganoff said:

oh fucking do one. 

yeah we are shite but don't fucking tell me that what i can see with my own eyes is wrong. its not fucking incompetence at all. its more than that.

Care to explain it then go on? What's going on? Backhanders from who telling refs to fuck us off? I'm all ears. Or is it just vague shite that I come across everyday on twitter from NabyKeita4985/Pogba2456 etc.

You know there are plenty of people out there who think we are in control of the refs and hold too much sway/ influence. You can't both be right. It's all just part of how insular and tribal everyone has become, only politics is worse. It's absolutely shite.

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

No, it’s not the least of our problems. It might not have mattered today, but at crucial moments in other games earlier in the season this shit has fucked us. That stalls momentum and makes players think that whatever they do it won’t matter. Heads drop. Indifference creeps in. Take out all the leaders in the pitch (Hendo, VVD and Milner) and one or two other crucial injuries and it all builds up. It’s very much part of it.

I really wanted to believe it’s just that refs are shite, but it’s happening too often, to us more than anyone, and tonight was fucking unreal in just how blatant it was.

I think you'll take a different stance when you cool down.I don't disagree that refs have fucked us but today was solely on the players and not the officials for a change.