You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) PL - Sat 20th Feb 2021 at 17:30

TheDrowningMan

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

No i am not telling you that 

But i am saying that when we then take out two thirds of our midfield as the 'solution' that it absolutely has torn apart our team structure and style of play.

Our press...our fullbacks starting positions and attacking threat....how quickly we win ball back and where, our threat from corners, our ability to play out from back....and more.

I get you but I was never on board with playing European Cup winning midfielders out of position week after week. Occasionally maybe, but what we have done is ridiculous   

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, J-V said:

Fucking hell we're starting games as it is with 9 or 10 players lets move on from that.

I thought it was fair, we drop Bobby who has been shite, and give Taki a run in his preferred position, where he did well vs Palace, and is currently doing well for Southampton. 

They absolutely have to mic these cunts up. They need to explain their rationale behind the decisions, and id nearly guarantee an improvement because of it. At the moment there is no accountability. 

I know refs have always been a special breed and a bit weird but the current offering in the premier league is just brutal. 

3 minutes ago, Red74 said:

There’s no disputing that he’s a great goal scorer and a scorer of great goals but his overall games fucking awful. 

He's doing everything on his own until Shaqiri gets on the pitch (if/when he does).  Bar beating a whole team each move which he can't do there's not much else he can do.

Alisson, TAA, Matip, VVD, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Salah, Jota, Mane

Our best XI by a great distance, but will we ever see it again. Thiago, Jones and Gomez on the bench. 

It’s well referenced on here that Fabinho/Henderson/Wijnaldum made things much easier for the defence, but they were also a brilliant platform/cover for TAA’s/Robbo’s marauding attacks. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

Not sure why people are having a go at Kabak, yes he was shaky but it's not as if Everton were putting us under any sort of pressure. 

We had enough of the ball to do something with it but didn't look like causing any problems. I'm struggling to see the point of Thiago. Henderson from defence has been more creative than him.

Yes, I’m with you here. Thiago’s lovely headed pass to an Everton player put Kabak under pressure for their early goal. I mean, that’s just naivety - he still thinks he’s across the Channel. Kabak settled down, and Nat and him actually didn’t concede in the 2nd half, cos it was Trent accused of fouling. No, our real issue is a lightweight midfield w/o Fab, Milner & now Hendo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aventus said:

I thought it was fair, we drop Bobby who has been shite, and give Taki a run in his preferred position, where he did well vs Palace, and is currently doing well for Southampton. 

I watched him today bar the goal he was crap.

11 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Well, seeing as we had to wait 30 years and never had a parade for the league it's only fair that Everton can't have one for their amazing achievement.

But it is an achievement, that’s why they we went bananas, they have got an almighty monkey off their back, who knows what this could do for them mentally.

20 minutes ago, torahboy said:

It'll pass - but slowly. Avoid the media, block those strange bastards who some of us have as 'friends', don't answer the phone and watch a Netflix series for the next few days. Also drink whatever ale you have and wait for sleep. I'm old enough to know better yet I can't take losing to 'them'. Soon be summer.

Decent advice that.

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

I’m not taking this well but I’m sick and tired of bullshit excuses. We are fucking appalling and it has to stop, a collapse of this magnitude is surely unparalleled in modern day sport. Post Mortem urgently needed. 

Barcelona say hello. 

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

I’m not taking this well but I’m sick and tired of bullshit excuses. We are fucking appalling and it has to stop, a collapse of this magnitude is surely unparalleled in modern day sport. Post Mortem urgently needed. 

This. The rots set in and the managers looks like he’s asleep at the wheel. 

If you were a squad player here you’d have zero motivation as no matter how terrible the player in your positions playing, you’re not getting a look in now. 

13 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

We conceded very early while settling in. Toothless Thiago spontaneously heads the ball to an Everton player instead of using close control. Kabak is then put under needless pressure. Goal.

Hendo works his way into the game, and starts to dominate midfield & gets injured. The rest of midfield were just too lightweight to have presence, although they played much better football in the second half and were far more incisive. Shaq fitted in nicely, but I’d have put Origi on for Bobby much earlier with TAA firing in those hard low crosses.

A Thiago header, three fine saves and a soft penalty lost us the game.

Its just a different set of could haves/might haves and should haves to every other shite result we have had in what is a couple of months now.

No wins at home in 6 games...2 goals scored.

4 league defeats on bounce.

We are the very definition of a side in absolute pieces at moment - don't win if play ok, don't win against shite, collapse, lose due to individual errors......end of day all adds up to same end result week after week.