You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (A) - 1:30pm, 04/12/16 - Get the Cherries pitted.

Trumo

I thought wijnaldum played well yesterday. I was just about to post that when it went 3-2

Wijnaldum is dreadful. I've watched him playing for Netherlands too and he's piss poor. An average wide-mid/attacking mid that bottles it away from home. Would rather Milner back in there and Moreno back at left full.

Wijnaldum is dreadful. I've watched him playing for Netherlands too and he's piss poor. An average wide-mid/attacking mid that bottles it away from home. Would rather Milner back in there and Moreno back at left full.

Agreed. He does nothing. I don't think he's a better midfielder than Joe Allen.

I get the feeling that Wijnaldum is going to become one of these "emperor's new clothes" type players on here.  Personally, I see a player with good technique and occasionally he does something in game where you can he's got quality (like the touch for Woodburn's goal being the most obvious example), but he doesn't affect games.  Or isn't doing so at the minute.  Regardless of where's been played. 

In fairness I can't recall him making a sub which has turned a game in our favour.  Happy to be corrected if someone else can though. 

Can you remember 2 games back when Origi scored the winner against Sunderland after coming on as a sub or maybe one game back when Ben Woodburn scored the clincher against Leeds about 10 mins after coming on?

• Upvote 1

Wow.

I disagree. I think wijnaldum is crucial to the way we play. his quick feet and ability to play one touch in tight situations or the way he can slalom past challenges in the crowded middle of the field with the ball at his feet. he's great on the ball.

I didn't think he was a good signing but I've changed my mind. I like him. of course a few more goals and assists wouldn't hurt but I think we're a better team when he's in there.

reading about the trip to Barcelona. they were all on the plane before the game was over.

• Upvote 3

I disagree. I think wijnaldum is crucial to the way we play. his quick feet and ability to play one touch in tight situations or the way he can slalom past challenges in the crowded middle of the field with the ball at his feet. he's great on the ball.

I didn't think he was a good signing but I've changed my mind. I like him. of course a few more goals and assists wouldn't hurt but I think we're a better team when he's in there.

reading about the trip to Barcelona. they were all on the plane before the game was over.

He doesn't actually do anything, though. He doesn't put his foot on the ball and slow the game down, he doesn't score goals or even get into many goal-scoring opportunities, he doesn't win the ball back consistently (he only has 16 tackles this season. 16!).

Right now he's a complete waste of a starting 11 spot. You could play Sturridge in the middle if all you're looking for are cute touches and quick feet. He needs to do more.

• Upvote 1

Can you remember 2 games back when Origi scored the winner against Sunderland after coming on as a sub or maybe one game back when Ben Woodburn scored the clincher against Leeds about 10 mins after coming on?

Just to clarify, your avatar is Meridith Kercher?

As in the murder victim, Meridith Kercher?

I thought wijnaldum played well yesterday. I was just about to post that when it went 3-2

He played pretty well. Nothing spectacular. Not much to choose from between our central midfielders. I wouldn't be that upset to see himself or Can on the bench next time.

Henderson gets a lot of grief on here and elsewhere because he's not Steven Gerrard. I think he's been impressive this season, yesterday's horror show aside.

Guest Pistonbroke

He played pretty well. Nothing spectacular. Not much to choose from between our central midfielders. I wouldn't be that upset to see himself or Can on the bench next time.

Henderson gets a lot of grief on here and elsewhere because he's not Steven Gerrard. I think he's been impressive this season, yesterday's horror show aside.

I thought Henderson was one of our better players in the first half, the second half was an abortion by all just after mane went off. 

He doesn't actually do anything, though. He doesn't put his foot on the ball and slow the game down, he doesn't score goals or even get into many goal-scoring opportunities, he doesn't win the ball back consistently (he only has 16 tackles this season. 16!).

Right now he's a complete waste of a starting 11 spot. You could play Sturridge in the middle if all you're looking for are cute touches and quick feet. He needs to do more.

Klopp and Brendan before him don't want their 3 midfielders to be like mascherano/Sissoko (wrecker), Alonso (passer) and Gerrard (hole). They want them to be a bit of everything. it used to be 2 back and 1 further forward but now it's 1 back and 2 ahead of them. whereas it was about mascherano to Alonso to Gerrard to torres and goal now it's more about mesmerising teams with intricate passing moves and it's all built around the high press. while our current midfield can't do what the 2009 one could do I'm not sure they could do what Henderson wijnaldum can/Lallana do either.

Its taken me up to now to want to read about the game, i've been that pissed off.

I'm ok now, its our second loss of the season and we were by far the better team. If you were watching both teams for the first time and had to pick which one would do better long term it would be us. Far better to lose like that than to create nothing and be played off the park. 

I would be critical of Karius and I want him replaced in January, dont know who but anyone that is experienced and would be even marginally better, we havent the time to bed in a rookie keeper. I would even go for Joe Hart, yep cant dive to his left but still better. I've seen criticism of Milner and talk of buying a left back, really? Who the fuck are we going to get better than him? I like the idea of a Matip Van Dijk partnership too. Apart from that, leave alone.

We've got a good team and the best manager and I trust him to get it right.

• Upvote 2