You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (A) - 1:30pm, 04/12/16 - Get the Cherries pitted.

Trumo

Strange thing is at the end of the first half I thought we could live with anyone if we play like this. Team has no balls when up against it.

It's like what Rafa said the other week or similar.

Our team has the head of a lion but the tail of a mouse; or at least today it did.

We weren't expected to win the league at the start of the season and at the close of the transfer window a lot of us thought we were gonna do fuck all again this season. We've just suffered our second defeat of the season. A season so far in which we've hammered some of the weaker teams, looked strong in games we should've won (United, Spurs and Southampton) and beaten Chelsea and Arsenal away. Today's defeat hurts because we were so far in front and the old frailties came to the fore again. If we've learned one thing about this season it's that we're a strong unit. We will bounce back and I'm positive Klopp will have torn into them for today because he and they know it was unacceptable to collapse like that. Time to dust ourselves off and start another run, along with picking up the League Cup on the way.

Wish had your belief.

The player who makes us tick is fucked, our most direct, pacy and powerful attacker the one who gives us something none of our other attackers do is fucking off to Africa for a month soon, we have a keeper who everyone will be targeting and our squad looks paper thin.

we also have some horrible games coming up.

middlesbrough away is a ground we never do well at...the derby at goodison will be hard....city are coming and tv have fucked us over with two games in less than 48 hrs over new year (fuck knows what we will line up like in 2nd of them)..

I'd love to be wrong but i reckon we could be in trouble over next month or so.

Might be the sting of today talking but to me today was a hammer blow and one we will suffer a hangover from...

That's the problem with results like today. It casts a shadow over everything, and the truth is, we've had a soft belly for years, so I can well understand where you are coming from. However...

I really think Klopp is changing us. Get Matip in that side today and we win something like 3-1, even with all the injuries in the front third.

Mane is off and we will miss him, but I think that will be mitigated somewhat with the signing of another winger. Ideally I'd like to see us bring in a partner for Matip in January too.

Todays result hurts - I'm still gutted! But I'm trying to keep the faith, because this looks like a different Liverpool to me. Im expecting us to bounce back from this and stay in touch leading up to the New Year. Hopefully some reinforcements in the window and also the return of Coutinho will see us regroup and give it a good go.

• Upvote 1

That's the problem with results like today. It casts a shadow over everything, and the truth is, we've had a soft belly for years, so I can well understand where you are coming from. However...

I really think Klopp is changing us. Get Matip in that side today and we win something like 3-1, even with all the injuries in the front third.

Mane is off and we will miss him, but I think that will be mitigated somewhat with the signing of another winger. Ideally I'd like to see us bring in a partner for Matip in January too.

Todays result hurts - I'm still gutted! But I'm trying to keep the faith, because this looks like a different Liverpool to me. Im expecting us to bounce back from this and stay in touch leading up to the New Year. Hopefully some reinforcements in the window and also the return of Coutinho will see us regroup and give it a good go.

i hope you are right, pal.

i don't see us buying in Jan but hope again you are right.

today hurts but it had to happen at some stage - it's of course the way it happened but that is football for you, the bastard it is.

Roll on West Ham and hopefully back to winning.

you can win the league with anywhere between 23 and 28 wins.

only once in the last 10 years has a team not won it with 28 wins.

Chelsea won it twice with 29 wins.

a few teams sitting on 9 wins from 14 and Chelsea have 11.

You can win the league with 1 point more than the team that comes second too.

Just saying.

75 mins 18 secs, Afobe beats a slow Can to the ball in midfield and pokes it out to Fraser. Had Can committed to that and stopped the pass then we'd have won that game.

75 mins 25 secs ball cut back by Wilson in the box and Can is the wrong side of Afobe who misses but ball breaks to Fraser, goal.

78 mins 38 secs and Can is at it again. Cook swivels and shoots and Can makes no effort to take a step to his left and block it. He also leaves Afobe on his own, so even if Cook's shot is saved then Afobe has a tap in.

We lost all attacking threat when Mane went off, it all became horribly inevitable.

you can win the league with anywhere between 23 and 28 wins.

only once in the last 10 years has a team not won it with 28 wins.

Chelsea won it twice with 29 wins.

a few teams sitting on 9 wins from 14 and Chelsea have 11.

If Chelsea keep going at rate they are they will end up with 92 points...a big if I know but it shows how hard a title challenge potentially is.

Their next 5 as well look very winnable

WBA

Sunderland

Palace

Bournemouth

Stoke

75 mins 18 secs, Afobe beats a slow Can to the ball in midfield and pokes it out to Fraser. Had Can committed to that and stopped the pass then we'd have won that game.

75 mins 25 secs ball cut back by Wilson in the box and Can is the wrong side of Afobe who misses but ball breaks to Fraser, goal.

78 mins 38 secs and Can is at it again. Cook swivels and shoots and Can makes no effort to take a step to his left and block it. He also leaves Afobe on his own, so even if Cook's shot is saved then Afobe has a tap in.

We lost all attacking threat when Mane went off, it all became horribly inevitable.

Bit unfair to lay the goals on can. he did score down the other end.

Chelsea are looking very good at the moment but they have also been lucky not to have key injuries like us. Take Costa out for a stint, or Hazard, and they will be a much lesser side. Still, it's looking pretty ominous from them at the moment and their last two results against Spurs and Man City were very impressive.

To be fair, Lucas won't be playing very often. That plodding midfield trio won't be together very often either. Lallana will be back fit soon - he will bring the coherence and join the midfield and the attack better than we've seen for a while - particularly good at playing the early ball and giving the players ahead of him a chance. Klopp has to play him through the middle though.

whose idea was it to stop playing after scoring two goals?!

it's bull crap talking about this and that player, it was the collective effort that failed us. The players thought they had won at half time, after getting two good goals. Has there been changes to the rule? That's what I want to know.

When we stopped playing, pinging the ball side to side, B'th started ratchetting up the pressure. They smelled blood; they got a goal and the rest is history. I have never seen such a mentally fragile Liverpool team as this one. Klopp got a lot of work to do.

• Upvote 3

Sorry guys. I just bought a team signed jersey off ebay... on the off chance we get no.19 this year.

I take full responsibility for mockering the fuck out of this result.

Ive got 17 more for sale too if anyone wants one. They've got all the names on them

Soda Maine

Robert Firmin

Noel Mattip

I can add a few legends names to them to for a extra £5 anyone you want from Elisha Scott and Albert Stubbins right through to TAA and Woodburn