You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (A) - 1:30pm, 04/12/16 - Get the Cherries pitted.

Trumo

Is anyone actually trying to defend Karius? Or saying give him more time, he may go on to be a top keeper but he shouldn't be doing his learning here on the job. He's shit.

Confirmed. As I've been saying, I'm happy to have him as our second goalie.. and have a competent goalkeeper like Heaton feeling in for the next couple of years.

Guest Pistonbroke

Confirmed. As I've been saying, I'm happy to have him as our second goalie.. and have a competent goalkeeper like Heaton feeling in for the next couple of years.

Drop the Heaton drum mate, you probably didn't know who he was before this season. 

it is the nature of those set backs...

the top other top 4 and title contenders rarely get beat by the shite teams.

look at this season already - burnley and bournemouth have done us.

chelseas losses? us and arsenal

arsenals? us

city's? chelsea and spurs.

spurs? - chelsea

None of those 3 have lost to a side other than a top 4 contender, they sweep the shite aside or find a way more often than not if they aren't quite at it or their bad results are draws (yes it would have been shit from 3-1 but a 3-3 today would still be a point and the unbeaten run going)...we have done it twice already to shite teams and you can bet your life we'll do it at least 2 or 3 more times.

That leaves us with very little room for error when we play the contenders later and a couple of defeats in our games with them pretty much sees us fucked as we then come under pressure and shit ourselves against another shite team.

This is true - we absolutely cannot afford to lose another game any time soon - Everton, Man City, I don't care who the opposition is.

My fear is that this will be the start of a spell that sees us struggling for top four, let alone the title. At the start of the season I'd have been pleased with CL qualification, but another campaign in which we fall well short and finish 6th or 7th would, obviously, raise questions as to whether we have the right manager. That remains the case, regardless of the fact that we made a strong start to the season.

Just a few injuries is enough to reduce us to shite. No way will we get near the title with the current squad. We have to spend a shit load in January if we want to challenge for the title.

No it isn't. But we don't have the best squad in this league either in class or depth. Which means we cannot afford not to give it 100% effort.

I agree that we need strengthening, and so does Klopp apparantly, but we won't see massive spendings or changes in January.

In my opinion a new quality wide/attacking player is urgent. Also I'd like to see a new CB, a young promising left back and a world class CM. And of course a top drawer goalie.

But I expect only the wide/attacking player to come in January, depending on availability there could maybe be more. Pretty clear Klopp will not act in panic or for the short term, he will only move when players he really wants are available.

After we battered Watford the media started talking about us being serious title contenders and since then we've took our foot off the gas and been pretty poor. It's like our players believe the hype as soon as their bigged up. I'd fancy us to put a run together now people will be talking about Chelsea/Arsenal but then shit ourselves again when we're back in the mix. I fancy us for the CL but not the title anymore

After we battered Watford the media started talking about us being serious title contenders and since then we've took our foot off the gas and been pretty poor. It's like our players believe the hype as soon as their bigged up. I'd fancy us to put a run together now people will be talking about Chelsea/Arsenal but then shit ourselves again when we're back in the mix. I fancy us for the CL but not the title anymore

To be fair, we did get disrupted by the international break and lallana's injury. I dont think we'd have lost if Matip played so dont get all this throwing in the towel stuff.

People want to finish 4th instead of going for the title?

To be fair, we did get disrupted by the international break and lallana's injury. I dont think we'd have lost if Matip played so dont get all this throwing in the towel stuff.

People want to finish 4th instead of going for the title?

I think the hysterics are a result of us having gone so close before in order to fuck it up in the end. A lot are afraid to get caught up and let down again.

Personally I'm with you, and I suspect Klopp is as well. No one is pissing the league so far and we've been one of the better teams along with Chelsea, Arsenal, and City. All of which will have some surprises coming there way at times this season if they haven't already.

Nobody wants to finish 4th but this squad does not have the depth required to win the league in my book.

We are short in key areas and are more exposed than others when we lose players.

If we get top 4 i actually feel we will have overachieved this season.

Emre Can posted a picture of him in the barber's on Facebook the other day with a caption something along the lines of "Getting ready for another three points on Sunday". The arrogance and complacency when we are fancied to win is what keeps fucking us up time and time again. We think we are golden and we can just totally ease off and stop keeping our eyes on the ball.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Couldn't really watch or post earlier as was in my bro's with kids running around.

Just seen the goals again and their fourth is an abomination of a goal. Horrendous keeping. But, a snapshot of a few things. Poor defending and our fragile mentality mainly. We shit the bed once it went 3-3, maybe even 3-2.

Karius simply has to do better for the goal, but that the player who's shot he spilled was even able to get that close to our goal and have a shot, practically unchallenged, was unacceptable.

We were shitting ourselves and had retreated to the edge of our own box, as well as up our own arses. Absolute shithouse play, that.

Was that Klavren injured too? just wonder how lucas plays as cb ahead of a cb?, i'd even of gone with sakho... it just seems klopp is a bit stubborn and would prefer to cut his nose off etc...

Same could be applied the left back scenario...

Lucas is 3rd choice. he started against Leicester ahead of Klavan.

• Upvote 1

Afobe also should have made it 4-3 when denied excellently by Karius when he walked through the non existent defence.

It was a shit day at the office all the way through the team.  The midfield played well when Bournemouth lay back but that's the best you could say, the rest was sloppy and careless all game.  Well taken goals but I thought all three attackers were poor.

Win against West Ham and top four form is still looking good but for it to happen, it's becoming clear we'll need luck with injuries and huge strengthening in the summer for we're miles short of a squad that can compete on four fronts.

Nobody wants to finish 4th but this squad does not have the depth required to win the league in my book.

We are short in key areas and are more exposed than others when we lose players.

If we get top 4 i actually feel we will have overachieved this season.

What Im say is, lots of people are talking about 4th and qualifying for the CL because we lost today. No wonder we get nowhere near winning the title if people see purely qualifying for the CL as the season's target.

Yeah, its a real pisser to get close to the title and lose. I think its a bigger pisser to just aim for CL qualification every season. I cant speak for others but Id rather go gung ho for the title and fail rather than going for the safe option of CL qualification.

Aim for 4th and dont be surprised in a competitive league when you finish 5th, 6th or 7th.

It was 3mm from 4-1 fucking hawkeye

Yeah I hope madely(?) tested the fucker before the game. They only test it with one ball as well dont they? Considering we use the multi ball system, can they be sure every ball used triggers the technology accurately? (Clutching at straws I know!)

I think we have been great since Burnley so I am not going to go overboard with criticisms but these ridiculous individual errors are like Groundhog day.

Lovren just needs to pump the ball out for the first.

Origi hits a terrible pass which strands us for the second, but why were we so exposed at 3-1 with 2 DM's on the pitch in Can & Hendo.

Origi makes the most pathetic effort on the edge of the box for the third & the scorer is given the freedom of the box.

Karius awful for the 4th but where was everybody else ?

Depressed obviously but hopefully we will go on a run again like after Burnley.

• Upvote 1