You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (A) - 1:30pm, 04/12/16 - Get the Cherries pitted.

Trumo

We are a good side, we still need a few players and a bit of time to become very good.

I get sick of our fans sometimes. Win a few and it's the title, lose one and we're an embarrassment.

Some people need to get a grip. Life goes on .

Exactly. SO many more pages on a match thread when we lose than win - it's crazy.

I'm still gutted but we move on

I've seen Karius has taken a lot of the blame for yesterday's collapse. Yes, he should done better for 3 of their goals, but he was far from the only one to blame. If we'd managed the game better, if we'd defended as a team better, he wouldn't have been put in a position where he let those goals in. Where was the defence 2nd half? Where was the midfield? Why did the players keep shitting out of tackles or keep making poor challenges in dangerous areas? Why didn't we make sure we won the 2nd ball when we couldn't win the 1st ball in the air? Why were we still bombing forward at 3-1 away from home with 17 minutes to go? 3-1 is a good scoreline away from home in a premiership game. The manager has to be taking some blame for that. At 3-1 we should've been making sure they weren't going to get anymore chances on the break. We should've been tightening up all over the park. Not pushing for a 4th goal. Honestly, it was naive beyond belief.

Just finished watching that. It's too easy to go through the team and point out all the mistakes and so on. They can do that themselves when they review it. The main point I want to make is this:

We are a different team without Matip. The unit fell apart without his calm leadership back there. There was no one with the authority to stand tall and make sure that the two goal lead stayed intact. I would go so far as to say Matip is the biggest loss of any current player for us. He makes that much difference to the team.

As for the rest of them, they let us down. We were two goals ahead, twice. It was like watching the Keystone Cops, or at least the 3-3 game against Crystal Palace. No composure whatsoever. No leader to put their foot on the ball and make sure we went home with the three points that were in our grasp.

A bitterly disappointing day, because we were all starting to believe that the side had grown a spine and these sort of lapses were behind us. We laid an egg today. No two ways about that. It's too easy to rip into most of the players on that pitch today after that, but the question is:

How will we respond?

Maybe losing matip wouldn't be such a big loss if we didn't replace him with lucas.

Klavan seems to of fallen right out of favour at the moment.

The second Bournemouth scored their second he should've been on.  Lucas as CB makes sense when a team has an isolated striker as he can start the play from the back with his super samba skills.  

When they made it 3-2 everyone watching knew it would be an arses-to-the-wall job as they flew forward.  Klavan may not be spectacular but he's at least a CB by trade.  Think Klopp had a 'mare there to be honest. 

The second Bournemouth scored their second he should've been on.  Lucas as CB makes sense when a team has an isolated striker as he can start the play from the back with his super samba skills.  

When they made it 3-2 everyone watching knew it would be an arses-to-the-wall job as they flew forward.  Klavan may not be spectacular but he's at least a CB by trade.  Think Klopp had a 'mare there to be honest. 

Absolutely right, Origi looked quite tired and couldn't keep pressing from the front, he gave the ball away for their second and didn't compete for the ball for their third. He should have put Lucas into midfield and replaced Origi with Klavan.

Still, Origi almost scored a fourth goal so fine lines and all that.

Yep, as I said in an earlier post, Klopp has to take some blame for that yesterday. At 3-1 up he should've changing things to tighten things up. Like bring Klavan on, either playing him at the back with Lucas and Lovren or he should've pushed Lucas into midfield. Instead, we were still pushing forward trying to score a 4th, leaving massive gaps in the midfield and Bournemouth kept hitting us on the break. It was terribly naive from us. It should've been us dropping deep and hitting them on the break at 3-1, not the other way round.

Yep, as I said in an earlier post, Klopp has to take some blame for that yesterday. At 3-1 up he should've changing things to tighten things up. Like bring Klavan on, either playing him at the back with Lucas and Lovren or he should've pushed Lucas into midfield. Instead, we were still pushing forward trying to score a 4th, leaving massive gaps in the midfield and Bournemouth kept hitting us on the break. It was terribly naive from us. It should've been us dropping deep and hitting them on the break at 3-1, not the other way round.

Klopps subs management is a massive weak point. He's atrocious at it no ifs no buts.

This season has all the hallmarks of our title challenge under Rogers. Hell, up and til this weekend it's even been the same teams - us, Citeh and Chavs.

Nobody is unbeaten now. Every team is capable of losing.

We'll be there at the business end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he has shut up shop on plenty of occasions. surprised he didn't yesterday.

kev Stewart should have been on the bench ahead of one of the kids.

Probably a bit complacency had crept in? We routinely let sides back into games only to then step up and go on to score a couple more.

Really don't think bringing Klavan on would've helped at all. The problem was that we stopped playing and pressing entirely. Even when we sat deep we had no aggression and no pressing, worst example being their player allowed all the time in the world to line up the shot before the 4th goal.

The team collapsed more or less, and not by any means did we have the quality in defence or in goal to resist. Of course Klavan is a CB, and one can argue that bringing him on makes sense. But I simply do not think he'd have brought enough quality to make  a difference. And I don't think Lucas after playing from the start would've added anything to a midfield where we were already being overrun.

Agree that Stewart should've been on the bench, I think he could've brought some fight and new energy towards the end. As would fresh legs in for Origi or Firmino, which both went missing. Lallana on for Mane seemed like a good change, but have to say I was disappointed by the contribution from Lallana. He is clearly a player who needs to play his way into form, every time he's coming back from injury he needs time to regain form.

All in all I think the game showed that we have a fragile squad, and that we depend on 100% commitment and hard work for the style of Klopp to work. Once we loose a few key players, and not least the intensity and tempo drops, we are quite ordinary.

Maybe losing matip wouldn't be such a big loss if we didn't replace him with lucas.

Klopp's first choice pairing is Matip and Lovren. With the former out, it's reasonable to look to the latter to step up, add some leadership, and make sure we come home with the three points. Lovren didn't do that. The whole thing fell apart when it needed a leader to put their foot on the ball with calm authority.

As for Lucas, he's a top fella and is in the squad, but I don't see much of a future for him here. He did well enough in the cup when called on to fill in at the back, but I'm a bit surprised that he seems to have usurped Klavan as back up.

Yesterday's defensive debacle told us clearly that we need a first choice partner for Matip, someone with the gravitas to lead the back line and hold it all together if Matip is out, and someone who, when playing with Matip, will form the bedrock of an exciting side that will win titles under Klopp. We are much better than last season, but it's still a work in progress.

I guess the upside of yesterday's horror show is that there should really be no risk of complacency against West Ham.

Lallana in for Wijnaldum or Can and Matip in for Lucas, hopefully.

And this is probably a tribute to his relative impartiality and influence, but Carragher has increased the pressure on Karius significantly with his comments yesterday.

Everyone knows the two goal lead is the worst.

Stats don't back that well worn cliche up though..

Gary Lineker mentioned it on twitter as being a dangerous score and opta stats came back with..

There have been 1061 previous occasions of a team being 2-0 ahead at HT in the PL; only 22 have lost from that position (2.1%).

We made it 23 out of 1062 yesterday... I wonder how many of the 23 we are repsonsible for?

I guess the upside of yesterday's horror show is that there should really be no risk of complacency against West Ham.

Lallana in for Wijnaldum or Can and Matip in for Lucas, hopefully.

And this is probably a tribute to his relative impartiality and influence, but Carragher has increased the pressure on Karius significantly with his comments yesterday.

I thought wijnaldum played well yesterday. I was just about to post that when it went 3-2

• Upvote 1