You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

I can't see why the United fans would want Moyes.

They don't, well, apart from an insightful few who notice the parallels with Dalglish and Fagan. The rest can't get past the fact he's won fuck all in his career, has never managed at a club that's expected to win things, and has little experience in Europe.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Why bring Rodgers into this? Liverpool fans aren't the same as they used to be. At all.

Cant see Moyes going there. United had to release the old cunts retirement as they have to make public any announcement that might potentially harm the stock price, so why would they then appoint a manager who has only won one trophy, the 2nd division, cant see the shareholders happy with that

How can he have overachieved? He's never won anything. I'd rather say he's existed.

Come back in 10 years then we'll see how mediocre Rodgers is compared to Moyes.

Moof, Moyes has kept a pretty ordinary side with a very ordinary budget punching above their weight for years through dedication, a real talent for organising his teams, a good - albeit bulgy - eye for a bargain, and strong motivational skills. He's done a great job keeping them in the Premiership imo.

Moof, Moyes has kept a pretty ordinary side with a very ordinary budget punching above their weight for years through dedication, a real talent for organising his teams, a good - albeit bulgy - eye for a bargain, and strong motivational skills. He's done a great job keeping them in the Premiership imo.

Wasn't it Tom Ross who pointed out they have the 7th highest net spend in the Premiership? He can organise a team, but his tactics are limited, his ability to change a game is poor, and at heart he's a coward who won't take a risk. I'd be surprised if United would want those qualities, but I'd be amused if they employed him.

Am I one of the few who actually think he could do well there. He spends his money well much like ferguson he knows what his team needs. It would be interesting to see how he does especially with ferguson in his ear. Face it we've spent a lot more than that fucker and Everton have been. Stronger side than us these last few years. We can't get a team with Suarez gerrard Johnson Lucas Riena Agger and co to out perform Everton FFS fuck my life.

I think that since 2000 very rarely have the mancs had the best team on paper. Ferguson just got the best out of them (and the refs).

he knew how to win the 1 nils better than anyone. Moyes doesn't have that ability.

Vidic, Ferdinand, Giggs, Scholes, Evra .... all at the end of their careers.

Van persie has 2 years left. Rooney hasn't had a great season (I'd not be shocked if he left)

They wont win the league next season. No fucking way.

When it happens i expect an apology off you shall I ?

Mate, if this turns out to be true I will gladly apologise. GLADLY.

I still refuse to believe that a Chief Steward was ITK, though.

Now, Christopher, that's not the right way to go about things is it, young man?

Now what have you got to say to norwichlfc? Mmm? Speak up. So everyone can hear you.

Moyes hasn't done a bad job, he just hasn't done anything that great either, he's stayed under the radar hoping for rather than orchestrating any real success.

Virtually every positive you could say of Moyes (gets the most out of supposed limited resources, picks up a few bargains, organises his team well, etc) could be, and was, said of Hodgson.

Moyes is arguably as limited, and when under genuine pressure will resort to poor football and negative tactics. Being hard to beat only gets you so far.

Wasn't it Tom Ross who pointed out they have the 7th highest net spend in the Premiership? He can organise a team, but his tactics are limited, his ability to change a game is poor, and at heart he's a coward who won't take a risk. I'd be surprised if United would want those qualities, but I'd be amused if they employed him.

I read they have the 9th biggest spend but that stems purely because they have been in the premier league constantly, they have spent about 300 million since the premierleague began we've spent about 700 million which is more than united and Chelsea have spent about a billion. That's if those figures are correct, there is no way I'd be arsed checking them. All I know is we need people at the club who know what a fucking good footballer is because we've blown an insane amount of cash its fucking laughable and shamefull. Scary thing is I think it will continue under Rodgers.

Now, Christopher, that's not the right way to go about things is it, young man?

Now what have you got to say to norwichlfc? Mmm? Speak up. So everyone can hear you.

I apologised last night when I realised I'd been a twat!

• Upvote 1

My only concern with Gollum going to United is him taking Baines and Fellaini with him.

That said, it's all over for United now. The pull of UNited is a big one for players, but the real pull was working with Ferguson.

I don't expect Brian Kidd to be too happy if Gollum gets appointed ahead of him.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Moyes would be taking over a side which has won five of the last seven league titles and a side who have just won the league with a possible 91 points. How much leeway will he be given?

Moyes would be taking over a side which has won five of the last seven league titles and a side who have just won the league with a possible 91 points. How much leeway will he be given?

None. Not even for wearing cardigans.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
None. Not even for wearing cardigans.

Moyes has it cushy at Everton. Expectations are at a minimum, not got huge finances so big money mistakes don't really happen, fans like him despite not winning anything... United will be a totally different world for him. If nothing is won, other top teams will be looking at their players and if belief in him is low, things could get tricky.

Whispers coming out Moyes has got the job, brilliant if confirmed.

Independent and Times reporting it will be announced within the next 24 hours. I was always sure it would be Mourinho. Delighted if it is Moyes I have to say, just can't see him doing anything no matter where he goes.

I think Moyes is the closest copy to Ferguson. Ferguson is all about scrapping tooth and nail for any advantage. Steamrolling the minnows to stack up the points rather than concentrating on the glamour ties. Moyes has been trying to do that with fewer resources, never winning any trophies but doing better than anyone would expect from the Blueshite. Ferguson will work on getting their big names to respect him. It's the closest for Ferguson to put a replica of himself there and use remote control. I hope it is a total disaster, but I don't think it is that strange and won't start a complete change in their mentality and approach to scrapping for points relentlessly to win at all costs and sod doing things with class..