You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

Just showing that they're willing to give him time.

I assume that's the statement they are trying to make? 6 years being the time taken for whiskey nose to win his first title. In reality there will be a 12 month termination clause and he'll be out of a job by January if it goes badly wrong.

It all has a sense of unreality.

The problem for Moyes is that he's not Ferguson.

He's now the new boy, even Anderson probably feels superior to Moyes.

Ferguson always had the aura, and rightly so, that he IS Man United, having been there since 1986.

Moyes is walking into a den, and this is something that United have never had to endure since the revolution in football where players are superstars, that the manager is NOT the focus of the club.

It's destined to fail hard. That spirit where United were pushing and pushing in the final 20 minutes of games and Ferguson makes 3 attacking substituions and ends up with four strikers on the field, can you imagine Moyes doing that? Can he push a set of players to go and win a game, has he got a version of the Ferguson hairdryer that players will fear? No he hasn't, because he's not Ferguson and he hasn't got 27 years of the club in his locker.

The other aspect of this is him wanting to stamp his mark on the club and signing a few players this Summer. To replace who, exactly? He might bring in Fellaini and Baines for example. But who would make way for Fellaini? It's a delicate balance. Evra isnt the kind to take kindly to a manager dropping him, especially not a new manager who has won nothing, can you imagine how happy he'd be for Baines to come in and replace him?

This is big player politics David, and you

I can't get that scene from Anchorman out of my head. Where Ed, the big boss, in his hour of need, is phoning a sozzled Ron Burgundy in the bar, telling him that he needs him to come back to save the day.

Somewhere right now, that scene is being recreated with Bill Kenwright and Howard Kendall as the protagonists.

Am I the only one who thinks that Everton's budget hasn't been that small?

They have the 8th largest wage bill in the Premier League. So hardly overachieving is it?

I'l bet every team that has spent less than them will finish below them and they will finish above some teams who have spent more. Now what was your definition of over achievement?

who is alex ferguson?

david moyes has inherited a dead horse, congrats on his new role as captain of the titanic. glazer has been spared a couple of extra minutes while he props up gollum as his new body shield. alex is so drunk he's happy to go down with the ship the little whiskey bacon rat. im writing to the fa right away to demand a 10 match ban on moyes for being a fuckin diver! scuba steve will see yas down there ya devilish bastards

I bet Bill Kenwright has had a proper sobbing cry at least twice sometime in the last 24 hours. I wish someone had been around to film it. He was almost in tears last night when that gimp from SSN was interviewing him leaving Goodison.

I bet Bill Kenwright has had a proper sobbing cry at least twice sometime in the last 24 hours. I wish someone had been around to film it. He was almost in tears last night when that gimp from SSN was interviewing him leaving Goodison.

Ha Ha!! Just saw him being interviewed. The poor guy looked all cried out!!

I assume that's the statement they are trying to make? 6 years being the time taken for whiskey nose to win his first title. In reality there will be a 12 month termination clause and he'll be out of a job by January if it goes badly wrong.

It all has a sense of unreality.

But demento had quite a remarkable winning track record even before becoming the manc manager. Moyes has not won a thing of note. He's not a natural winner. His idea of success is beating us in the derby (of which he has an abysmal record) and finishing above us in the league (managed it 2, soon to be 3 times in 10 years).

I said it before, he'll keep them competitive, they'll challenge for the title and will continue to qualify for the CL but the era of their total domination is over while Moyes is their manager.

I actually thought this rumour was a joke but now its actually true. Brilliant!

I actually feel better about Rodgers and City, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal will be delighted.

Mourinho, Guardiola, Klopp.......no Moyes.

Hahahahahahahaha!

Moyes must have produced one hell of a dossier at the meeting...

Guest davelfc

I'm pleased i don't have to learn to hate someone new.

Breaking News:

Paddy Crerand has just been on the radio saying Moyes will not be named the manager of the mancs.

Six years is a massive statement of intent from the vermin, you have to give them their due. They are backing their man publicly and privately there. I think he'll struggle but he's entitled to have a crack at it and there's no way he'll get six years worth of compensation if it goes horribly, horribly wrong.

Moyes' mentality is all wrong for United and he will have to grow a significant pair to do what United do. That squad is ageing and that's going to catch up with them sooner or later. But he's not exactly been left a shambles.

The natives are restless. Twitter has #MoyesOut trending already! Hahahaha

Now they know how we felt when the owl was foisted upon us. Enjoy!

Six years is a joke. He'll be lucky if he serves two of those. But he'll still get his payoff, though.