You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FA Cup: Mansfield (h) match thread

aRdja

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sick to death of all this Suarez shit, you'd think he was the only player who'd ever touched a ball or dived, when you think of some of the shit some players have been mixed up in - especially at the mancs where most of the faux fan outrage comes from - swerving drug tests, deliberately trying to end a fellow pro's career, kicking fans, my Facebook page was teaming with shit like 'he's vile' etc tonight, it knocks me sick, it'll always be open season on him, people have been given permission to say pretty much anything they want about him and take their lead from the media, something needs saying and doing about this.

Couldn't agree more, it's absolute persecution and it's disgusting. He is one truly strong person to be able to shrug off this endless poison. Fast becoming my favourite all time Liverpool player.

Anyone other than Suarez and it wouldn't have been a big deal but no doubt there will now be a 6 week media debate about it and it will be seen as justice when we inevitably get shafted by the referee at Old Trafford next weekend.

We started the game well and it looked like we were going to run up a cricket score in the opening stages. Sturridge played well and it was good to see him get a goal on his debut. After the first 20 minutes though we just seemed to get worst and worst as the half wore on and the second half performance was embarrassing at times. The state of the pitch didn't help but it's no excuse for some of the half assed performances from members of our team. Afetr 20 minutes I was thinking we probably could have got away with me playing in goal for Liverpool today Brad Jones had so little to do but depressingly he needed to be one of our best performers in that second half.

Still we seem to nearly always make hard work of winning games like this and winning the game was the main thing.

Luckily enough it was on ESPN, which should limit the patronising shit about the Suarez thing on the main channels and stop the SSN idiots sending Tommo's blood pressure through the roof. BTW has anybody else noted how much slap Stelling has on him these days. A week or two back he looked like Al Jolson.

On the match itself, there were a few minor worries, but we are basically through to the next round, have managed to give our most important players 11 days rest ( bar Luis but I'm sure he can manage half an hour or so ) and picked up no obvious injuries before the trip to Old Trafford, have got Sturridge a goal to get him going & have won our last 3games.

Onward & upward.

I really think Suarez is an idiot though. I mean, rightly or wrongly, he is viewed as a cheat in this country and he had a great chance to remove that label off of himself today but he missed it completely and now the repercussions are going to extend a lot further for him.

Yes I believe he is being unfairly targeted and he is by no means the only player who has 'cheated' during a game as it happens week in and week out in the league but the fact is the spotlight has been on him for a while. I understand his desire to win and that during a game when your so pumped up it would be hard to admit something that will impact your team negatively. However, he really did have a great chance to put himself in the good books today but stuffed up.

Good luck to him getting another penalty this season.

Still, along with Agger, he is becoming my all time favourite Liverpool player. Their commitment and desire for the shirt is unrivalled.

Respect to the Mansfield manager's honest interview about Suarez, most hypocritical premiership Managers would of been screaming cheat, he described it as is.[/QUO

He showed a lot of class today as the club have done during the build up with the Hillsborough tribute and then like you say the manager not falling for any loaded questions. Fair play to Mansfield.

Regards the game. We don't half make life hard for ourselves at times in games we should win with ease.

Don't want to sound grumpy but why start with Suso in a game like that. It was always gonna be physical on a bog of a pitch if nothing else. The lad hardly had a touch and let Wisdom down on occasions by not tracking back.

Rodgers played him at Stoke so maybe he's trying to toughen the kid up.

All in all satisfied with the win and not a bad draw next round.

Anyone that thinks Suarez should have stopped and not scored to 'get in peoples good books' is a massive mong. He could find the cure for Aids and still be hated by everyone simply because he's Suarez.

The fact you care what other people think about us is a joke. Fuck them and fuck you.

I really think Suarez is an idiot though. I mean, rightly or wrongly, he is viewed as a cheat in this country and he had a great chance to remove that label off of himself today but he missed it completely and now the repercussions are going to extend a lot further for him.

Yes I believe he is being unfairly targeted and he is by no means the only player who has 'cheated' during a game as it happens week in and week out in the league but the fact is the spotlight has been on him for a while. I understand his desire to win and that during a game when your so pumped up it would be hard to admit something that will impact your team negatively. However, he really did have a great chance to put himself in the good books today but stuffed up.

Still, along with Agger, he is becoming my all time favourite Liverpool player. Their commitment and desire for the shirt is unrivalled.

Unintentional handball is not cheating. When the ball hits the hand, it isn't necessarily considered a penalty or handball. How is Suarez an idiot?

He didn't cheat, he did absolutely nothing wrong, the handball was accidental and nowhere in the rules does it say you have to draw the referees attention to a mistake. Why should he want to put himself in anybodys "good books" after the filth he has aimed at him week in week out?

He wouldn't though, and besides which, why should he?

That's like saying you rboss in work has got it in for you and judges you by higher standards than everyone else, and you've somehow failed by not doing something extraordinry to impress him, even though he'll still have it in for you anyway.

The fault is with the people that judge and ridicule, not with him for not kowtowing to the cunts.

You can't reason with unreasonable people, to try and do so is not only a waste of time, but it is spiritually costly.

Fuck them, let him do his thing and continue singing his name louder than everyone else's.

Anyone that thinks Suarez should have stopped and not scored to 'get in peoples good books' is a massive mong. He could find the cure for Aids and still be hated by everyone simply because he's Suarez.

The fact you care what other people think about us is a joke. Fuck them and fuck you.

Exactly, why should Luis give a fuck about what that bunch of mongs who have decreed him to be a cheat and a racist think?

The irony of what's happening with Suarez is that it actually has its roots in racism, there's no way he'd be subjected to what he is if he wasn't an outsider. He's portrayed as some kind of cheating south american savage.

I saw a show once where they were experimenting with the psychology of discrimination. They had this exercise where they sat one group of people on the floor and another on chairs, and the woman leading the exercise would talk to the group on the floor differently, she'd do things like not say please and thank you to them but would be polite to the ones on chairs, and before long the group on chairs - who were from all colours and backgrounds - were being openly hostile to the ones on the floor.

Suarez has been publically degraded by people like commentators, journalists and mangers and fans have essentially been 'given permission' to talk about him however they want, it knocks me sick and makes me unbelievably mad.

I could not give a flying fuck about what others think of us, I'm saying he could have used the opportunity to have done something different since it was such a fuckin blatant handball.

If it was a mancs player who scored that goal, 95% of the posters on here would be screaming like little girls

It would simply have been a fuckin superb thing of him to do, he did not, so that is that.

If we're at the stage that people think Suarez should be held accountable to higher standards than all other footballers, with the intention of begging everyone who delights in the one dimensional and moronic casting of him as a villain for some of his desecrated public image back, then the campaign concocted by Ferguson and Evra, unwittingly helped by the shambolic nature of LFC's Executive Management, and then spread far and wide by the jingoistic fucking sheep that populate much of this country has worked an absolute charm.

Alex Ferguson, AKA McTumour. Not even worth laying out his charge sheet, is it? The great bastion of morality sitting at the top of English Football ensuring fair play and equal conditions for all, not in any respect a cunty weathercock who disrespects virtually everyone else in the game as and when it suits, incessantly spewing his poisonous opinions and changing standpoint purely related to whether it benefits himself and his club or not. The man is fucking bacteria - he goes into remission once in a while, but always comes back stronger.

I could not give a flying fuck about what others think of us, I'm saying he could have used the opportunity to have done something different since it was such a fuckin blatant handball.

If it was a mancs player who scored that goal, 95% of the posters on here would be screaming like little girls

It would simply have been a fuckin superb thing of him to do, he did not, so that is that.

They wouldn't, not unless it was against us. Nobody's arsed, it's simply bandwagon hatred - simple as.

Only came on to say one thing, and that is, John Barnes was defo after giving the chairwoman a length of prime jamaican beef.........

big time. he had his hand on her hole when her and husband were being interviewed on the pitch by ray whats his face before the game.

He wouldn't though, and besides which, why should he?

That's like saying you rboss in work has got it in for you and judges you by higher standards than everyone else, and you've somehow failed by not doing something extraordinry to impress him, even though he'll still have it in for you anyway.

The fault is with the people that judge and ridicule, not with him for not kowtowing to the cunts.

You can't reason with unreasonable people, to try and do so is not only a waste of time, but it is spiritually costly.

Fuck them, let him do his thing and continue singing his name louder than everyone else's.

Yeh its a complicated issue and to a certain degree I agree with you but all I'm saying is if he owned up to the handball today no one could go around calling him a cheat anymore as owning up to a handball as 99% of players wouldnt own up to it if it happened to them and it would earn him much respect.

Maybe then all the goals and penalties that get disallowed may be allowed on more occasions and cause us to win those few extra games which would change the course of our season in a significant manner.

Again, I'm not asking Suarez to bend over backwards and kiss anyones ass but every now and then when opportunity arises he needs to do the right thing and today was one of those days where if he did the right thing it would make his life a lot easier going forward.