You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (H) 29/12/2019 - Premier League - 16:30

Bjornebye

52 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Coady was forgivable , he had just played his heart out and been the wrong side of a couple of VAR calls. Keys is a biased fuckwit.

Coady is biased and was talking shit about VVD handling the ball despite not even seeing it the tit.  Much like Keys in fact.

Leaving his post-game stuff as captain of another club aside, Coady has developed into a quality defender. We’re well stocked in the position, but he’d improve just about every other side in the division. Fair play to him for developing a good career elsewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Coady is good in the 5 at the back sweeper role, but has he ever played in a 2 for any extended time? Or had a good run as a defensive midfielder at a high level? I think it's a case of him finding a perfect role, rather than being a really good defender. He is a good passer, though. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, stringvest said:

We were lucky yesterday.  Without VAR that result would easily have been reversed.  Wolves are a pretty good team, and I suspect they’ll finish in the European spots again. We’re missing an increasing proportion of easy chances; we need to sort that out in order to keep the pressure on the teams below us. All in all though, it’s been a splendid Christmas.  

Most of this. I dont agree we were 'lucky' though. In fact, Id say wolves were lucky we missed two gilt edge chances before we did score.

Leaving aside the VAR decisions, which we all now know were correct, wolves could be said to have deserved a point. That said, when they had 3 very good and clear chances in the last 5 minutes, they blasted every one of them high and wide. But Im getting seriously hacked off now with all these media types and oppo fans bellyaching about us getting all the VAR decisions.

That's clearly bullshit. We've had goals chalked offside for marginal calls and, accidental ball striking hand. We've had at least one of our oppos, Villa, having a goal allowed to stand with a similar marginal offside \ onside call. We've had united having a goal allowed to stand despite a clear and obvious foul on origi. We havent had the most penalties this season.

It's all tainting what will be an incredible season for the club. Of course there will always be the conspiracy theorist but this latest stuff now about van Dijk handled the ball is just the last straw for me.

When you look at the vid, there's at least 1 wolves player close to him but no one appealled for hand ball. Even the vid is inconclusive whether it actually touches him.

It's said VAR is looking for excuses to chalk off goals. I think some in football are just looking for excuses to talk us down, fuck knows why though. Listening to the radio last night there was some posh bird talking to robbie savage. Although a leicester fan, she was hoping city win the league ahead of us if Leicester couldnt. The fuck? I was made up for Leicester when they won it a few years back.

What clear chances did Wolves have?  I only remember the one decent chance at the end when Trent fell over and that wasn't anywhere near clear due to the angle.  Everything else was long range. 

Wolves were crap, they didn't even show up in the First half and we really should have been out of sight before the half time whistle.  Sheffield Utd will give us a harder game on the 2nd.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, J-V said:

What clear chances did Wolves have?  I only remember the one decent chance at the end when Trent fell over and that wasn't anywhere near clear due to the angle.  Everything else was long range. 

Wolves were crap, they didn't even show up in the First half and we really should have been out of sight before the half time whistle.  Sheffield Utd will give us a harder game on the 2nd.

They created  a couple decent chances in the final 15 minutes, but as you say, they weren't even in the game in the first half, yet people will only remember that they put a bit of pressure on us near the end. 

It's one of those games that people with short term memories or who only watch Match of the Day will say we were lucky in or Wolves were robbed, but in reality, we should have been out of sight within the first half hour and the VAR decisions were consistent with how they've been called all season. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Wolves parked the bus first half and were shite, they only started being adventurous once we had scored and although they were better in the second half we still controlled possession and had the better chances. They created little in the way of clear cut chances. Watford gave us a far better game. 

52 minutes ago, J-V said:

Depends what we each consider constitutes a clear chance. If you consider a clear chance is a virtual 1 on 1 with the keeper, no they didnt have one.

They did have 3 clear opportunities to score (in my humble opinion) late on that they blazed over the bar.

3 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

I can't believe one of the red tops (I actually can) have gone full on VAR with a still photo of the ball looking like it hit VVD's arm in the build up to our goal. Video Evidence proves it didn't, but they print the photo to feed the fume/hatred against us knowing plenty will just judge said photo without bothering to look into the truth, Job done. 

Looking at the " handball " by VVD in the shot you can see a Wolves player directly in front of him who doesn't appeal or basically do anything to suggest that Van Dijk has actually handled the ball but bellends like Keys are adamant that he controlled it with his hand it's just jealousy in my opinion nothing else .

Guest Pistonbroke
2 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

Looking at the " handball " by VVD in the shot you can see a Wolves player directly in front of him who doesn't appeal or basically do anything to suggest that Van Dijk has actually handled the ball but bellends like Keys are adamant that he controlled it with his hand it's just jealousy in my opinion nothing else .

It is jealousy mate, but also goes beyond that. The cunts are gutted as they are desperate for us to fuck up. Guess it is how we felt all those years ago when the Mancs were winning everything. 

It might be confirmation bias on my part but I thought we were much the better team, scored and then simply kept them at arms length until that useless Manc twat Taylor starting giving them everything. The amount of fouls he (and his merry gang of biffs) refused to call was staggering.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, the chimp said:

It might be confirmation bias on my part but I thought we were much the better team, scored and then simply kept them at arms length until that useless Manc twat Taylor starting giving them everything. The amount of fouls he (and his merry gang of biffs) refused to call was staggering.

100% mate. At no point was I particularly worried about the result, and even if they got a goal I always felt we could crank up the intensity and go through the gears. 

11 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

Does anyone have more than one angle for that van Dijk handball? I saw it yesterday and heard them talking about it but I didn't give a fuck to listen. Now I'm wondering how some people are so convinced one way while others are convinced the exact opposite?

The angle on MOTD was clear mate, ball span up and carried on spinning without any change of direction. It never touched his hand, even Wright, Keown, and Chapman admitted it was never handball!

Guest Pistonbroke
19 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

Does anyone have more than one angle for that van Dijk handball? I saw it yesterday and heard them talking about it but I didn't give a fuck to listen. Now I'm wondering how some people are so convinced one way while others are convinced the exact opposite?

A few examples were posted earlier in the thread mate. Never touched his hand, the Daily Mirror and Keys used a still shot to give the illusion it had, like you do when you're a bitter cunt. 

If that ball had of touched van Dijk's arm, even slightly, the spin on it would have changed as well as it's direction. There's a wolves player nearby and he didnt claim handball. It's only (I think) Coady who made a big issue after the goal then other wolves players joined in.

The way the papers are showing those pictures with van Dijk, you'd think it was henry playing pat a ball against the Irish in the world or Euro qualifier. Fuck 'em.

8 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Depends what we each consider constitutes a clear chance. If you consider a clear chance is a virtual 1 on 1 with the keeper, no they didnt have one.

They did have 3 clear opportunities to score (in my humble opinion) late on that they blazed over the bar.

A chance to have a shot from 20 yards is not a clear opportunity, especially with Alison in goal. Plus the season isn't tainted in the slightest, you buffoon.

51 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

• Like 1