You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - butthead?

Boss

Found this on redblob. Just shows the size of the task Mr Intelligent faces.

I think it bears repeating that prior to 2012, our net spend for the preceding 7 seasons was :

2005 : £1 million.

2006 : £4.1 million.

2007 : £26.5 million.

2008 : £ 33.75 million.

2009 : -£64.5 million

2010 : £13.5 million.

2011 : £38 million.

Adds upto : £52.4 million.

No-one expects Madrid/ Chelsea/ PSG/ City level but £52.4 million over 7 seasons ? Wanna guess what Sunderland's net spend for that duration was ? £86 million. Aston Villa ? £108 million. That's how far United were from the upper echelons of spending. Forget the European elite we were outspent by mid-table Premier League clubs.

That is rather shocking when you see it laid out like that. Fuck . They really are being bled dry. On the basis of these figures I wouldn't expect Van Giblet to be blowing 100M any time soon.

Where's the DHL, Chevrolet, Casillero Diablo, Audi and Aon Money McCrirrick?????

• Upvote 1

It's starting lads. Check it out from redblob, 

If the story about Anderson, Nani and Zaha being banished from the team are true, Louis Van Gaal is an unprofessional prick who blows a lot of hot air and only cares about his own ego. I don't like him and I don't think he will do half as well as people think, and further to that I think he will actually do far more long-term damage to the club by making it fit his ideals than Moyes ever could. In three to four seasons time, when Van Gaal leaves, I think we will be in a bigger mess than we are now.

Dude has over 20k posts as well so not trolling. Nice. 

I predict van Nugget will not last more than one season. He will not get top 4, he will not win a cup, and he will finish mid table at best, with even relegation danger a possibility. He will be sacked when it's mathematically impossible for them to get top 4 and could even spaz and leave before the end of the season. I know all this from one game.

• Upvote 1

Those two pictures are fucking priceless.

The most beautiful thing about this whole scenario is that the majority of United fans cannot see the problems they face. The squad they currently have is really bad, and while there is still time to negate this particular claim, fans have been fed a line of Schweinsteiger, Vidal, Hummels, Di Maria and Kroos for two years now and, in the main, they are still gobbling it up. 

The pursuit of short term, immediate solutions is something that doesnt exist. This will be a long term rebuilding process which the fans will not be able to deal with.

It is fucking joyous.

• Upvote 2

Van Gaal is a great manager, no question about it. Moyes is a joke and I think we all knew he'd be a disaster. But Van Gaal has real pedigree as a manager so it won't be a surprise if he turns the mancs around. If he's given time and money they'll eventually be challenging for the title again, but not this season.

Van Gaal is however an angry, possibly mentally unstable man with what Don Logan would only describe as "a whopping great ego, my friend", and another individual cut from not dissimilar cloth has territory he will jealously guard there, with much needed change to come and an inevitable focus on areas he neglected or mismanaged towards the end.

A whole different set of potential problems than those posed by the deferential Terry McFuckwit, but potential problems all the same.

• Upvote 2