You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - butthead?

Boss

Aye, especially their fans outrage over Suarez. Yet they love an alcoholic wife beater who steals money from women's purses, a player who attacks fans in the stand because he can't handle a bit of abuse. Also someone who deliberately tried to end the career of a fellow professional because he somehow believed he was to blame for his knee injury.

That's even before you start on Alex Ferguson being a massive cunt of planetoid proportions.

The Suarez episode summed them up perfectly. We were derided as racists and they posited themselves as the guardians of morality. Meanwhile, the Republik of Mancunia cut out KKK masks in their shitty fanzine and they all had top bantz when they beat us at their place, because all that episode was ever about was getting one over us

• Upvote 1

Aye, it would be, but Mourinho has been on his knees practically begging for the job for months now.  No chance he turns it down if it's offered.  And I, for one, think he'd be a success in the short-term.  You can say they need "rebuilding" but what they really need is a new manager and only one or two good players.  Look at the difference in Firmino after Klopp came in; a new manager can turn what looked like a flop (maybe Depay, or Schneiderlin, for example) into a top player in a few months.

The only question is which faction in the United boardroom wins out.  It must be a real battlezone in there if they haven't settled it by now.  Ferguson/Charlton clearly don't want Mourinho anywhere near the club, so they're pushing Giggs.  Woodward and whoever his allies are (the Glazers?) are letting the media know it will be Mourinho.

So as a United fan, which one do you want?  Do you want Mourinho if it means that Woodward is clearly in control of the club's future and Ferguson has little input going forward?  Or would you prefer Giggs in some vain hope he can turn into Guardiola, thinking that at least if he fails it will be Ferguson appointing his successor instead of Woodward?

The battle lines are drawn, now we see who wins.  I think it will be Mourinho, but the absolute best thing would be if neither of them win and the only compromise they can reach is to keep van Gaal.  You can tell they're trying to find some middle ground somewhere; even floating Blanc's name in the media today as a trial balloon to see how it goes over with the fans.  

It must be total chaos.  Long may it last.

in summary, fuck them

in summary, fuck them

Good post. Wouldn't surprise me if this is actually Nail - Hammer - Head.

So the options are:

1. Maureen with only limited support to carry with him for their first owner-manager clash

2. Ryan Giggs, Gollum's assistant

3. Sticking with Butthead

Or perhaps it's only wishful thinking? 

I'd like to see Giggs given a chance, or Neville. When was their last English manager? They should represent.  

I don't think any manager gets much out of their squad. It's better than ours but you'd only have to swap de Gea and Mignolet to change that. Like us, their recruitment is a joke.

Aye, especially their fans outrage over Suarez. Yet they love an alcoholic wife beater who steals money from women's purses, a player who attacks fans in the stand because he can't handle a bit of abuse. Also someone who deliberately tried to end the career of a fellow professional because he somehow believed he was to blame for his knee injury.

That's even before you start on Alex Ferguson being a massive cunt of planetoid proportions.

They hate Suarez because they think he's racist but they sing a racist song about South Koreans eating dogs. 

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see Giggs given a chance, or Neville. When was their last English manager? They should represent.  

I don't think any manager gets much out of their squad. It's better than ours but you'd only have to swap de Gea and Mignolet to change that. Like us, their recruitment is a joke.

Well, Giggs is Welsh, but their last English manager was Atkinson.

Not getting another year now.

to be continued after result of next game.

The whole saga reminds me of Alan Partridge trying to secure a new TV series 

Ed Woodward ..  " Louis There is to be no second season. I've listened to your ideas, I've listened to them all, and I haven't liked a single one."

LVG  pulls a tongue and starts mimicking Woodward

• 1 month later...

In fairness to Cantona, he was hugely supportive of the Justice campaign.

• 7 years later...