You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 08/08/2022 at 22:52, Carvalho Diablo said:

I've just finished Black Bird, it was good, enjoyable but far from great.

It had aspirations to be True Detective or The Night Of but fell well short of both.

The acting was patchy and in the end, the story was pretty linear.

7/10 and that's probably a bit generous.

I genuinely think Ray Liotta, Taron Egerton and Paul Walter Hauser were superb, particularly the latter. Creepy as hell, and oddly sympathetic at times. It definitely didn't need to be six hours though. They could have whipped off 15 minutes per episode and nobody would have batted an eyelid.

3 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

I genuinely think Ray Liotta, Taron Egerton and Paul Walter Hauser were superb, particularly the latter. Creepy as hell, and oddly sympathetic at times. It definitely didn't need to be six hours though. They could have whipped off 15 minutes per episode and nobody would have batted an eyelid.

Really? I thought the acting was a bit iffy myself,especially that Taron lad. It didnt help that the script was a bit disjointed though. I also struggle to take Greg Kinnear seriously in a straight role. Ray Liotta certainly didnt look great(health wise) in the series.Not sure if that was intentional though given his part.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Really? I thought the acting was a bit iffy myself,especially that Taron lad. It didnt help that the script was a bit disjointed though. I also struggle to take Greg Kinnear seriously in a straight role. Ray Liotta certainly didnt look great(health wise) in the series.Not sure if that was intentional though given his part.

Seeing as he died not so long ago I don't think it was method acting. If it was, he took it too far.

• Upvote 3

I thought Liotta was horrible in Black Bird tbh, but I've always thought he's a truly awful actor. When he's crying, is there anybody out there who's worse?

I thought the Taron Egerton lad was in no way capable of being a lead, but I would agree with those who say Hauser was excellent as Larry. That lad has been top notch in everything I've seen him in.

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I thought Liotta was horrible in Black Bird tbh, but I've always thought he's a truly awful actor. When he's crying, is there anybody out there who's worse?

I thought the Taron Egerton lad was in no way capable of being a lead, but I would agree with those who say Hauser was excellent as Larry. That lad has been top notch in everything I've seen him in.

Even as Henry Hill? Jeez, tough crowd.

3 episodes into the sandman its good. The character Constantine though, as fit as fuck as she is! ive always thought she can't act for shit and her character portrayal an annoying slick twat I've seen portrayed too many times "ooh shes so edgy". If she wasn't so fit id write to a national newspaper and complain.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

3 episodes into the sandman its good. The character Constantine though, as fit as fuck as she is! ive always thought she can't act for shit and her character portrayal an annoying slick twat I've seen portrayed too many times "ooh shes so edgy". If she wasn't so fit id write to a national newspaper and complain.

Meet it halfway and write a letter to the lead singer of Echo and the Bunnymen.

• Upvote 1

I'd give the sandman 6/10.

I'm not familiar with any of the source material. I imagine fans may like it more.

It feels like a few stories were merged for the series and some bits weren't as good as others. Dipped in part for a few episodes after the diner episode and by that stage I was fast forwarding drag/gay scenes because I'd had enough. Start and end were decent though.

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

I started The Offer and it just looked shit and yet another drama for actors to dress up and play late 60s/early 70s songs in the background. Giovanni Ribisi as a gangster looks a bad move from the scene I saw. Not really that arsed about going back to watch it to be honest.

It's very good once it gets going, I'm loving it.

Then again I don't mind Ribisi in that role although he's a bit of a caricature at times.