You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Hmmm. Been watching the episodes of La Brea on Paramount+ catch up.

Thought it might have the makings of a good bit of sci fi but, the plot lines seem predictable and I think I could have written them myself to the same level. Or maybe even a bit better?!

Disappointing 5 out of 10 and I think Im being a tad generous even then.

I'm just starting series 4 of Westworld and hope its much better than the steaming pile of turd of series 3. It's only redeeming feature(apart from fit birds getting naked) is the superbly sinister Ed Harris. If Thandie Newton says 'Darling' once more in that OTT posh English accent I will throw my computer through the window. Evan Rachel Wood does too much talking and not enough stripping.

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'm just starting series 4 of Westworld and hope its much better than the steaming pile of turd of series 3. It's only redeeming feature(apart from fit birds getting naked) is the superbly sinister Ed Harris. If Thandie Newton says 'Darling' once more in that OTT posh English accent I will throw my computer through the window. Evan Rachel Wood does too much talking and not enough stripping.

I'm 3 episodes into season 3 and don't have a fucking clue what's going on.

11 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Season 4 is what season 3 should have been ,if that makes sense.

I still really like it..it looks amazing even down to those opening credits.

38 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Yep, episode 11. Think it’s two stories in one with half the episode being animated. 

Rarely can I recall watching such an uneven series of television. Some of those early episodes were excellent, most of the later ones were shite.

Smacks of "too many cooks" imo.

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Rarely can I recall watching such an uneven series of television. Some of those early episodes were excellent, most of the later ones were shite.

Smacks of "too many cooks" imo.

I don’t agree. The later episodes paled in comparison to episodes five and six but that’s only because those two episodes were absolutely superb. I thought the latter episodes were still very enjoyable though. 

It’s just the nature of following the comics. Some standalone storylines are better than the ongoing story. Loads of programmes are like that though, I liked the ‘monster of the week’ stories in The X-Files like ‘Tooms’ much better than the ongoing Alien conspiracy storyline but both were well worth watching. 

Just watched the latest episode anyway. The animated bit is just fluff, you could skip it and not miss anything but it’s only on for 15 minutes. The second part of the episode ‘Calliope’ is excellent. 

2 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Yep, episode 11. Think it’s two stories in one with half the episode being animated. 

Ok, so against my better judgement I've just watched this extra episode, and I can see exactly why it's an extra, because it doesn't really sit anywhere comfortably within The Sandman storyline (such as it was).

It also reinforced my earlier belief that there must be a huge dissonant team of writers because, once again, this episode was wildly different from all of the others.

Far better than most of the latter episodes, not as good as some of the earlier ones.

6/10 seems fair.

On 18/08/2022 at 22:55, Barrington Womble said:

I might watch it if I'm stuck for something to watch. Although I've got loads to watch at the moment. 

Speaking of which I've started The Old Man tonight with Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow. It's about an agent who had to go off the grid 30 years ago and now someone is tracking him down. It's a decent opening episode, 7.5/10. 

The Old Man. I really enjoyed it. You would have to assume there will be a season 2 after the ending, because they've left it open enough to carry on. Bridges and Lithgow were both great and apparently bridges got cancer, followed by covid while on chemo in the middle of it and they lost a year filming. Fair fucks to bridges though, you would never know what he's been through on screen. Hopefully season 2 will be easier and with us quickly. 8/10

32 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Sandman.

Thought it was ok if you can get over the woke shit and turning John Constantine into a lesbian woman

Why not just create a brand new character rather than gender bending one which tunrs out to be a poor imitation of the original?

It was a different character. It’s from the comic. 

12 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It was a different character. It’s from the comic. 

Jenna Coleman plays two characters, both called Johanna Constantine. The one in the past is the different character but the one in the present is a replacement for John. It seems to be largely due to legal rights to the character. 

https://screenrant.com/sandman-johanna-constantine-versions-explained/

1 minute ago, cloggypop said:

Jenna Coleman plays two characters, both called Johanna Constantine. The one in the past is the different character but the one in the present is a replacement for John. It seems to be largely due to legal rights to the character. 

https://screenrant.com/sandman-johanna-constantine-versions-explained/

tumblr_o41od63A5U1upan7oo1_400.gif

• Upvote 1