You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

There has to be a bubble of sanity though, and we have to live inside that bubble. Who pays £50m or £60m for a player? Only three clubs have ever spent £50m+ in the history of the game, those being Real Madrid, Chelsea, and Paris St Germain, isnt that right?

With FFP, I genuinely do not think that such fees will change hands again.

But IF someone was to offer £60m for Suarez, then a wise team would always take that money and strengthen the team further. I love Suarez to bits, he's fantastic, amazing, but a serious conversation would have to take place between grown ups if we were offered that sort of money for anyone. We never thought we'd replace Fowler, Owen, Torres, but we did.

if it was me, it would take 100 million for me to consider. we can build this team around him now, we wont make the champs league at all this season but 2 or 3 decent signings in the summer and some deadwood shipped out and we have a team that not only can challenge for top 4 but can have a tilt at the title.

he needs to be part of that. if he goes, we are fucked. imo

Barca, Madrid or Bayern are the only ones who could a) afford him when going by transfer fee, wages, as well as the impending FFP and b) I can't see him going to the manc cunts, City as direct rivals to Liverpool, or Ligue 1, ruling out PSG. He seems far too competitive to just settle for an easy pay packet in an inferior league.

Just my two cents.

EDIT: Also, surely the instant repoire he has struck with Sturridge must count for something, as it is definitely a partnership that could do a lot of damage in a full league season with both players settled. Thank fuck the Ashes is on this summer as it'll distract me from what could otherwise be a long off-season otherwise!

Barca, Madrid or Bayern are the only ones who could a) afford him when going by transfer fee, wages, as well as the impending FFP and b) I can't see him going to the manc cunts, City as direct rivals to Liverpool, or Ligue 1, ruling out PSG. He seems far too competitive to just settle for an easy pay packet in an inferior league.

Just my two cents.

EDIT: Also, surely the instant repoire he has struck with Sturridge must count for something, as it is definitely a partnership that could do a lot of damage in a full league season with both players settled. Thank fuck the Ashes is on this summer as it'll distract me from what could otherwise be a long off-season otherwise!

"City, direct rivals to rivals"

Fanchester will have a heart attack at that.

I love the mad little genius. He put the team on his back last night and I haven't seen a player in a long time. He must know that this team is being built around him (Sturridge is surely proof of that). If he gives us one more season, and the team around him is half as driven as he is, then I'll be happy. He gave his all for us last night, and he deserves better.

His performances this year have put him in the Falcao and Cavani category therefore you'd be looking at a fee of £40m. So whilst I'd like him to stay, if he didn't that money coupled with say £20m brought in for Carrol and Downing would be enough to bring in three or four quality players across the attack and midfield - and not blow the wage budget either.

Guest San Don

I think there will be a lot of interest in him come the summer window.

I havent a clue whether he'd be tempted by one or two offers that could come his way. Who could stand in his way if say, Bayern or Barcelona came in for him, giving him a chance of regular CL football and the chance to play regularly in the latter stages of the competition?

Phenomenal last night. So much passion and heart, ran himself in to the ground, never say die winners attitude that the club needs to bottle up if we are ever going to reach the heights again. He was broken at the final whistle and no one out there did more than him to drag us through that tie. Gutted for the lad, I'm sure he would have loved a final back in his old stadium in Amsterdam.

And with regards to selling him. If this club has any ambition to be great again then he doesn't have a price. The effect he has on us as a team, on his team mates around him, to me makes him unsellable. It's much easier to sign the players we need with Luis Suarez at the club. The statement we make by selling him would be catastrophic. We need to be signing more like him, not selling our only genuine world class player.

He'll be here next season. Not sure about the season after though. I would ask for more than the bullshit £40M the Mail keeps mentioning. £60-70M would be a fairer price. But we'll never be able to replace what he brings to the team unless we sign Messi or Ronaldo. And that's not going to happen.

Not a chance he'll leave this summer in my opinion.

He owes us another season. Yes, he's carried us at times but the club and the supporters stood right behind him during the Evra business and the constant media witch hunt he's endured. We're improving all the time and have a big summer ahead of us. There's every chance we can come back into the top 4 next season. Surely Suarez would see that?

Secondly, FSG will not sell until after the World Cup by which point his value could go through the roof. If he's worth £50m now then we could be talking Ronaldo money after Brazil.

Throw in that we are royally fucked if he does leave as I have no confidence we'll spend the money correctly to replace him and he's night on irreplaceable at this point anyway. Selling Suarez would contradict all of the messages coming out of the club that we're trying to build something.

I just can't see it happening.

Not a chance he'll leave this summer in my opinion.

He owes us another season. Yes' date=' he's carried us at times but the club and the supporters stood right behind him during the Evra business and the constant media witch hunt he's endured. We're improving all the time and have a big summer ahead of us. There's every chance we can come back into the top 4 next season. Surely Suarez would see that?

Secondly, FSG will not sell until after the World Cup by which point his value could go through the roof. If he's worth £50m now then we could be talking Ronaldo money after Brazil.

Throw in that we are royally fucked if he does leave as I have no confidence we'll spend the money correctly to replace him and he's night on irreplaceable at this point anyway. Selling Suarez would contradict all of the messages coming out of the club that we're trying to build something.

I just can't see it happening.[/quote']

He doesn't owe us another season, he's to good of a player to be playing for a 6/7/8th placed team. He should be challenging for leagues and champions leagues.

The Evra thing and the witch hunt is more reason for him to want to go than a reason for him staying. I'd love him to stay and actually think he will next your but to say he owes us is completely wrong.

He doesn't owe us another season, he's to good of a player to be playing for a 6/7/8th placed team. He should be challenging for leagues and champions leagues.

The Evra thing and the witch hunt is more reason for him to want to go than a reason for him staying. I'd love him to stay and actually think he will next your but to say he owes us is completely wrong.

Sadly I agree, It's inevitable he will go either this summer or next.

It's not just about getting 4th place, Suarez should be playing for a club that has a real chance of winning the top honours.

It's only a matter of time before Man City make a move in my opinion.