You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2011 Transfer Window Speculation Thread

StevieH

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Comolli's ?

It was a television interview, wasn't it ?

Dunno. I'd be forced into looking out of the window if goal.com said the sky was blue.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

How good does Lacina Traore look in his youtube video, by the way? My knowledge of Romanian football is somewhat limited, so this is really all I've seen of him. Anybody seen him play more than this. It starts average, but really starts to kick off during the middle to the end. He scores some amazing goals.

LV2NwzDKT4M

On Bent, said that Liverpool was not interested because he would not link up well with Torres, referred to him as a "lone wolf".

Good to read that, and very true. It also suggests that if we don't get Suarez then at least we can be comforted by the fact that Comolli and the club recognise that we need a similar type of player.

Kagawa, Aguero, Pastore, Cassano, Van Der Vaart come close, but realistically Suarez is as good or better than all of them.

It may turn out that if we miss out on Suarez then we may only be able to afford yet another punt on a young unknown, like we did with Babel. Perhaps someone like Douglas at Shakhtar.

But the most hurtful and annoying thing about it is that in Pacheco we already have someone who should be given a chance to fulfill that role for a few games. If we've already identified that it's a position we need to fill (as Comolli seems to suggest) then it makes no sense to ignore Pacheco, who could save us millions.

Dunno. I'd be forced into looking out of the window if goal.com said the sky was blue.

In case it was grey, as it often is in winter?

And in any case, I don't think goal.com is the best place to go for meteorological information, given its function is largely distribution of inaccurate information regarding football.

With these fair play rules coming in were a club can only spend what they earn plus such and such amount, what is to stop someone like abu dhabi just opening a business and sponsoring city for a huge amount or giving backhanders to other companies to do the same.

They surely have to be fucked with this rule coming in otherwise.

On Bent, said that Liverpool was not interested because he would not link up well with Torres, referred to him as a "lone wolf".

Good to read that, and very true. It also suggests that if we don't get Suarez then at least we can be comforted by the fact that Comolli and the club recognise that we need a similar type of player.

Kagawa, Aguero, Pastore, Cassano, Van Der Vaart come close, but realistically Suarez is as good or better than all of them.

It may turn out that if we miss out on Suarez then we may only be able to afford yet another punt on a young unknown, like we did with Babel. Perhaps someone like Douglas at Shakhtar.

But the most hurtful and annoying thing about it is that in Pacheco we already have someone who should be given a chance to fulfill that role for a few games. If we've already identified that it's a position we need to fill (as Comolli seems to suggest) then it makes no sense to ignore Pacheco, who could save us millions.

VDV, Kagawa and Pastore are nothing like Cassano or Suarez. In fact Suarez isn't even that much like Cassano but that's your closest comparisson.

Suarez is first and foremost a poacher, a goalscorer who relies more than anything on his ability to finish from all angles. Cassano and Aguero are more support strikers who although can finish also have unreal ability on the ball allowing him to drift past people at will, something Suarez can't do with nearly as much frequency. I'd rather have Suarez finishing the chance though than either.

Vdv, Kagawa and Pastore although they can score primarily are creative players who will drag others out of position and contribute massively to creating of a chance. The fact that VDV can finish at times doesn't make him a striker, he's an attacking midfielder just like Kagawa.

Heard a rumour about charlie adam signing next week.

Dont shoot the messenger, got a text and thought i'd post it.

Gary Taylor-Fletchers dad who works on Line 10 in Jaguar was telling everyone today that according to his son Charlie Adam will sign after Blackpool have play United next week.

Hes not the type of fella who goes round spreading rumours but no idea if its true or not

Gary Taylor-Fletchers dad who works on Line 10 in Jaguar was telling everyone today that according to his son Charlie Adam will sign after Blackpool have play United next week.

Hes not the type of fella who goes round spreading rumours but no idea if its true or not

Now that's how to post a rumour, boys.

Twitter wannabe's take note.

(Nick:- I'm not taking the piss, I believe that this is what you've been told)

I think it's cool he took his wife's name

Ace. You had been dealt red. I have bestowed green on you. Go in peace.

He took his wife's name to piss off Orient manager Tommy Taylor apparently. He married his daughter and that's the rumour i've heard.

EDIT: This is probably the worst rumour ever. But not the worst in this thread. hmmm

I like it even better with a rumour attached

Just been texted about exactly that 10 minutes ago.

According to my mate's dad who is a Rangers fan he's the sort of player who can have a spark of magic to win you one game but be a complete liability in the next. It echoed what I thought from watching him this season and would rather we steered clear to be honest.