You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2021

Bjornebye

34 minutes ago, Belarus said:

Not a chance. Different attributes entirely, but Brook was up there with him, at least.

Porter said, and this was just prior to the Spence fight, that Brook was the best he’s boxed

Porter also beat Danny Garcia who KO'd Khan.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, John102 said:

And Khan beat Barrera who beat Richie Wenton

Porter fought Brook and Garcia when they were in their prime. Likewise Khan and Garcia were both in their prime when they fought.

Barrera was well past it by the time he fought Khan.

11 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Bookies are firmly in the Brook camp with him 2/1 on and Khan 6/4 against.

They are presumably expecting it to be close if it goes to points , but Khan's chin the more fragile if the fight ends early.

The draw at 16/1 makes me wonder if the bookies know something we don't.

Firstly, there are no lucky punches in boxing. However, in fairness to Khan, he was absolutely schooling Garcia at the point he got chinned. Khan dominates opponents: Barrera, Judah, Malignaggi, Alexander. Brook has only had one great performance in his career: Porter.

The problem with Khan is two-fold. You can't bet on him because of his chin, and his speed has largely gone - so it's a bit like latter-day Roy Jones Jr. He's always had a weak defence and relied on his unbelievable hand speed and reflexes to jump in and out of range. Brook is more technically sound. Whilst saying that, Khan often rises to the occasion, and is extremely tough to beat - if you don't clean him out.

It's a difficult one to call.

• Upvote 1

Her brothers sister has got us tickets to see Tyson Fury tonight doing some sort of stand up. 

My legs fucked, I'm hungover, I don't wanna go and my birds just said we have to go she's got us meet & greet. 

I am already fuming, it's gonna be like the wee Billy Connolly meets the Cardinal in class "Do you know who I am?!" "Ar fuck off will you" 

Do a sweepstake on either me getting digged, or me being bin-bagged or John Fury (who I love getting told I rattle and don't wobble) or me getting filled in by some Mancs. 

12 minutes ago, Belarus said:

Did you anyone see that Skeete Sheeraz fight? Joke. Hit him clean while he was down and on the floor. Point deduction. Same ref who refused the towel in Ritson’s fight. He’s a disgrace to fighter safety.

Yeah, I’m watching. Shame that because Skeete was schooling him before that. 

17 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Saw someone on Twitter say that "Yarde is about to get jabbed more than my nan."

He’s not getting jabbed. He’s getting tied up more than prisoners at Guantanamo Bay.