You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Besiktas(h) match thread

LFC 6 Times

He said the manager would have put the penalty taker's name 'on the board' meaning they knew who'd be taking any pen on the night. He said it wasnt nice to see the little argument on the pitch and that words would be said in the dressingroom.

Really dont know why people are having a go at him to be honest.

You missed out the pathetic "rules are rules", and the disrespectful (to the club) "Mario was mischievous...Mario was disrespectful."
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nope they just showed a video of Henderson telling Mario to take it and Daniel crying over it.  He shook his head due to Daniel acting the cunt.

Has ever a situation been misread more than that? Nice on calling one of your own a cunt too by the way. Wrongly I might add.

Feel sorry for Henderson there. Mario definitely the best penalty taker but you have to abide by the rules set out by the team and manager in my opinion. Comes across as Mario disrespecting Jordan who swallowed his pride in front of everyone watching. Also respect to Sturridge for sticking up for Henderson.

Now the issue is an idiot who thinks he's bigger than the club and can do what he wants.

Maybe he just knows he's the best penalty taker. He might've gone "against orders", but maybe he feels that it's stupid that he's not the first choice when on the pitch, and he just made a good point in his argument if so by getting the goal.

Oh yeah, makes a massive difference doesnt it?

Yes it does. He could have played it down for the sake of the club (which he probably would have done if he'd stopped at the quotes you posted) but instead continued and stoked the fires with personal digs at Balotelli.

Mario is Martin Riggs from Lethal Weapon in a Liverpool shirt. Sometimes he goes in and takes out 40 bad guys in a warehouse drug bust, leaving only one survivor to give him the name of the cartel boss. Sometimes he's trying to strangle you to death on a fishing boat before bursting into tears because he hasn't got a wife and he wants a family.

It's the price you pay for his maverick ways.

• Upvote 2

Mario & Stevie are probably in the top 5 penalty takers in the world, so whoever decided that Henderson was the best person to take one with either on the pitch is crazy.

Looked like Jordan realised this himself & grudgingly passed the ball over but then had Sturridge telling him to stick up for himself.

Not great , but not as bad as the strop Danny pulled after the derby game last season & that was forgotten quickly enough.

Was interested in Can roaring at Sturridge & insisting he celebrated the goal properly. Nobody like a German to point out the team comes first.

• Upvote 1

Yes it does. He could have played it down for the sake of the club (which he probably would have done if he'd stopped at the quotes you posted) but instead continued and stoked the fires with personal digs at Balotelli.

I seem to remember Suarez taking a pen off someone and skying it over the bar one game. Did you fucking whinge then or did you just rely on quotes on the BBC site?

• Upvote 1

Has ever a situation been misread more than that? Nice on calling one of your own a cunt too by the way. Wrongly I might add.

Exactly what it looked like on TV before they showed a longer clip of it.  Daniel did act the cunt over it.  He should have kept well out of it.

Feel sorry for Henderson there. Mario definitely the best penalty taker but you have to abide by the rules set out by the team and manager in my opinion. Comes across as Mario disrespecting Jordan who swallowed his pride in front of everyone watching. Also respect to Sturridge for sticking up for Henderson.

These things happen on a football pitch all the time, it wasn't great but I'm sure it would have blown over, and I'm also sure Gerrard, if coming on as a sub, would have taken the ball off Henderson.

I'm not sure any of the players involved will be happy with Gerrard throwing his oar in on national television though.

If you're captain you're captain and you better act like you're the captain. Hendo didn't. He didn't need to have Stevie G pointing it out to him in public though. BR's reaction to the press was class.

As for Balotelli? He's a baby, a strange baby. But a baby with a big pair of balls.

For me this was the first time I've seen Mario try to play his football the Liverpool way. Take notice Sturridge, because tonight you were the "Balotelli" out there.

• Upvote 3

I seem to remember Suarez taking a pen off someone and skying it over the bar one game. Did you fucking whinge then or did you just rely on quotes on the BBC site?

What the fuck are you on about? My problem was not what went on on the pitch but up in the ITV studio.

• Downvote 1

It was against Sunderland, when Gerrard was on the pitch. We drew the game 1-1 as well

Yet, nothing was said about it in the media at all

Mario & Stevie are probably in the top 5 penalty takers in the world, so whoever decided that Henderson was the best person to take one with either on the pitch is crazy.

Looked like Jordan realised this himself & grudgingly passed the ball over but then had Sturridge telling him to stick up for himself.

Not great , but not as bad as the strop Danny pulled after the derby game last season & that was forgotten quickly enough.

Was interested in Can roaring at Sturridge & insisting he celebrated the goal properly. Nobody like a German to point out the team comes first.

Yeah, spotted that from Can but it looked like he was shouting 'George!' unless my lipreading is shit.