You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Aston Villa, Sep 13th 2014

WhiskeyJar

We had more than half a new team out there today and I'm not too surprised that we struggled. It's going to take time for the new lads to gel. We will get there but hopefully pretty soon, because more performances like today and we'll really struggle to make the top 4, let alone win the league. The thing that fucks me off the most is that all the good work from spurs is gone now. Hopefully, this is like Southampton last year.

Btw, Chelsea have had a comparatively easy start, bar the Everton game.

I was talking to a Villa fan and he reckons that keane is the perfect number two.early days but I think that they could be comfortably mid table and maybe higher this season.

Was the first time witnessing his performance live. You could see the fear in the players faces when he has to use his brain.

I'm quite scared of the thought of you ever using yours.  Perhaps you are projecting your fears onto others, because I don't see it.  And I've seen him live more than once.  

Reminded me of those shite performances from the mid to late 90s when we would play average teams at home and do fuck all against them.

It was like a Hodgson performance, if you ignore the fact that Hodgson's Liverpool managed to take more points off Villa in one home game than Brendan's Liverpool has in three.

We had an off day. Same as last year against Villa.

Fuck off with the doom.

Nah its more than that, the fears are legitimate, it might pan out that we'll be good this season again but tight now, it's understandable that people are worried. Let's not lie to ourselves, we've been pretty shit this season. Lucky win against Southampton, deserved loss against City, deserved win against Spurs, I think we probably deserved a point today despite being shite. It's not a time to get carried away with negativity but just dismissing the form this season is a mugs game too.

Awful performance & awful result.

Two defeats in the first 4 games is simply not good enough.  Rodgers is under pressure for the first time, lets see how he copes with it in the next couple of huge months.  It will be a good indication as to whether he was a one season wonder (thanks to Suarez) or is actually really building something great here

• Upvote 1