You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Aston Villa, Sep 13th 2014

WhiskeyJar

If you take all the emotion out of it, you can see that this team is going to kick some ass, it's just going to take Brendan a minute to arrange his new chess pieces into the most formidable formation possible. Lazar will grow a pair, it won't always be International break, Ballo will start slotting them in, Lallana will start killing them and we'll see the side purring again. Anyway, I'm off to drink something strong and try and forget the pain. 

• Upvote 1

Villa must love playing us as much as we do Spurs.

Lallana is gonna be good though, no worry here. Do hope Rodgers realise when played alongside Coutinho, he should be the one in the hole. Coutinho doesn't have the physical presence to be effective in this role when the opposition doesn't afford much space.

To see ballotelli in a liverpool jersey makes my skin crawl,Brendan Rogers didn't want him and unfortunately that's all he had left to choose from and I'm not being sensitive because we lost,he is just an awful awful forward if he even is that,not a hope of him reaching double figures in the league.

To see ballotelli in a liverpool jersey makes my skin crawl,Brendan Rogers didn't want him and unfortunately that's all he had left to choose from and I'm not being sensitive because we lost,he is just an awful awful forward if he even is that,not a hope of him reaching double figures in the league.

It was pretty obvious Suarez was leaving, pretty much from the moment he made eyes at Arsenal.

The manager and the rest of the "committee" have had plenty of time to target the next big striker.

Of the most concern is the fact striker was the last issue addressed in the window when after losing a world class striker it was the most important.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rodgers: "We're competing on budgets of, you know, a third than some of the other teams that's up there."

Few journos on twitter already picked it up.

Oh, not a little club thing. Probably meant that we had ours of set by losing the best striker in the world. Net spend, the horror.

Oh, not a little club thing. Probably meant that we had ours of set by losing the best striker in the world. Net spend, the horror.

Nothin really to do with Net spend, just poor timing coming out with a quote like that when a cut price Villa have just beaten you on your own patch.