You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Aston Villa, Sep 13th 2014

WhiskeyJar

Hopefully we have worked out how not to let these hurt us, last two home games against these have been pretty shite with them springing runners from midfield and cutting us apart.

Failure to buy a defensive midfielder in the summer suggests not.  It's more a question of whether we can hurt them more or not.

Hopefully England get shagged tonight, fucking sick of sending our players to that old cunt with his 1960 methods.  As long as we get Hendo and Sterling back in one piece then it won't be too bad.  I'm gutted about Sturridge though.

I'd go for...

Mignolet

Manquillo

Sakho

Lovren

Moreno

Gerrard (I'd play Can but it isn't going to happen is it)

Hendo

Coutinho

Markovic

Sterling

Balotelli

I don't think Allen is needed for this game to be honest and Coutinho plays much better from deep.

Shore up the center of the park.

Have a target in the box thats good in the air.

Put coutinho back in the side but on the flanks where he has more time to pick a pass and a defensive lapse is less costly. Encourage interplay between him and Moreno.

set up for a devasting counter.

Keep the back line as is for continuity.

Balotelli

Coutinho Sterling Markovic

Gerrard Henderson

Moreno Sakho Lovren Manquillo

Mignolet

Shore up the center of the park.

Have a target in the box thats good in the air.

Put coutinho back in the side but on the flanks where he has more time to pick a pass and a defensive lapse is less costly. Encourage interplay between him and Moreno.

set up for a devasting counter.

Keep the back line as is for continuity.

Balotelli

Coutinho Sterling Markovic

Gerrard Henderson

Moreno Sakho Lovren Manquillo

Mignolet

I'd go for that 11, but I'd swap Sterling and Coutinhos positions. Coutinho, on his day, is our best no. 10, and Sterling has better attributes to play out wide (speed, stamina, protects the full back better).

Anyone injured over the international break, other than Sturridge?

Exactly the same as against Spurs please, with the added bonus that Stevie's just had a fortnight off to rub Witch-Hazel into his legs.

He wants his brain medicine more then witch hazel after some of the passes he was making. We now should be able to put a team out that could do real damage to most teams in the league so I want a proper show put on and continue the spurs form, fucking villa in 3rd.