You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Aston Villa, Sep 13th 2014

WhiskeyJar

Worst shots on target at home since stoke in 2012. That's the blueprint that all the middle to lower teams will use now at anfield. We're a better counter attacking team at the moment. The ghost of Suarez is still haunting us in terms of digging us out of a hole when our ideas weren't up to scratch.

Lazar looked scared as fuck and pussied it every time he got the ball. 

For me he was the biggest disappointment.  Lallana got some stick but i though he looked good at times for a lad that's just playing his first game. Rodgers got cute and carried away with his big shiny new squad and made too many changes , under-estimated the opposition and forgot the golden rule about picking your best available players. Sterling should have been first name on the team-sheet today. Massive bummer losing to these again. Oh in case anyone is any doubt Lee Mason is a monumental tool

• Upvote 3

yeah, that's right.  Not rested, dropped.  

I don't give a fuck what term you want to use. He didn't start the game, so we handed the initiative to Villa from the off.

If a professional athlete needs resting, we can rest him against the Albanian goatfuckers we play in Europe this week or whoever they are.

• Upvote 2

People have a right to spaz out after watching that shite. There are mitigating circumstances due to the fucking Owl, Sturridge not being wise enough to hold back in meaningless training games, the loss of our standout player and the loss of momentum due to the fucking International dirge and having to rest key players, BUT there's no disguising the fact that today was utter dogshit and one of the worst performances I can remember under Brendan. I am sure he will give them hell and get it sorted for our next match. Every manager has a bogey side and maybe Villa is BR's.

Pretty much the entire time under Rodgers, we've looked shit to start the season, then gotten progressively better as the season wore on. That is especially expected when bedding in a large group of new players. There were always going to be growing pains. I'm still confident in the quality that's there.

• Upvote 1

What bothers me most is the complete lack of urgency. We kicked it around for 42 minutes in the first half, made no changes at halftime and persisted in the same ineffectual way until Sterling came on. He got zero service, then at 70 minutes our last changes, but with the same clueless, not give a fuck style.

Oh, and nobody clattered either Senderos or Hutton. Pussy, through and through.

• Upvote 1

Spent the Suarez money on improving the squad apparently & one striker being injured meant Borini and Lambert are called upon to save the day.  That's a forward line that Sunderland would be proud of.

No one comes out of that with any credit at all.  Created fuck all, Guzan again had the easiest day possible against us.  Less said about Lovren and Sahko the better.

Said it before the season started we're short of a midfielder. Defensive midfielder. Oh well.. Also said that Lovren is shite and can't play RCB beause he's even worse there...oh well... also said that Lallana is quite pointless and can't play in midfield because he doesn't press enough... oh well...also said that Lambert doesn't fit here and makes no sense at all..oh well..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Said it before the season started we're short of a midfielder. Defensive midfielder. Oh well.. Also said that Lovren is shite and can't play RCB beause he's even worse there...oh well... also said that Lallana is quite pointless and can't play in midfield because he doesn't press enough... oh well...also said that Lambert doesn't fit here and makes no sense at all..oh well..

1 out of 4 isn't bad.  Well done.  

• Upvote 2

The mindless pursuit of Lallana when it was more than likely known Suarez was going to bail will keep on biting us on the arse this season. We lacked shape and pace today and we also need to stop experimenting against Villa at home. I'm sure it would have been easier to rest Sterling against Ludogrets than today.

I don't give a fuck what term you want to use. He didn't start the game, so we handed the initiative to Villa from the off.

If a professional athlete needs resting, we can rest him against the Albanian goatfuckers we play in Europe this week or whoever they are.

Bang out of order.  They're Bulgarian.

• Upvote 2