You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We're not going to get anyone good are we...

Chris

I've got a really bad feeling about this summer. I just don't think we're going to be making any waves in the transfer market.

We'll probably just up our level somewhat so we're getting players slightly better than the ones we got last year, but the Brazilian kid isn't exactly filling me with boundless joy, and I hope we don't et the Frenchman who doesn't care how much we pay for him because it isn't his money.

Haven't we learned our lesson with French-speaking players by now?

This is going to suck.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should the frenchman care how much he is transferred for?

I reckon we already have a big name or two secured in Spain or I don't think Rafa would be making quite such positive noises.

I'd be amazed if we don't pull off a couple of big signings. If there is one game the yanks do know how to play, it will be the PR game, and as such they will be desperate to impress the fans this closed season.

Even if we don't though (we will but anyway), I wouldn't write us off completely. Who would have thunk that the mancs would have done anything this season?

No I too hope we don't get Le Forehead but come on man chin up !!!

Rafa said we need to go up 3 levels in one go and that i'm sure we'll do.

I know it's frustrating, i'm as patient as a hippo with some human intruders in my bath. But we will get man!

I'm not liking the vibes too much either, if I'm honest. It's depressing the way the Mancs have just gone out and bought three players (whatever your opinion might be of their quality) without any fuss or drawn-out negotiating, whilst once again we're still stuck in the fucking starting blocks.

The way things are shaping, I suspect we're probably going to end up with Malouda, Bent and maybe, if we're lucky, Simao. And that just won't be good enough.

We'll get Tevez. Still don't think he's what we need first and foremost upfront. Would be a cracking signing in accompaniment with a goalscorer/line leader but I can't see us signing two strikers of significant value/ability.

2 wide players (hopefully once being Alves) are very much needed.

Having important members of the staff on holiday doesn't help. Is it beyond the organisational abilities of the club to have the main people all on holiday at the same time, preferably when the deals have already been done?

The thought of us fucking this summer up is so depressing that I try not to think about it. I try to remain positive no matter what. Maybe that makes me deluded, but I can't do anything to help the situation, so it's for the sake of my mental health really. If the summer has gone and we have failed, then I will really be depressed, but not already.

We'll get Tevez. Still don't think he's what we need first and foremost upfront. Would be a cracking signing in accompaniment with a goalscorer/line leader but I can't see us signing two strikers of significant value/ability.

If it's true that they're valuing him at £30 million then we won't. And we won't get Eto'o either.

Captain, wanna buy some magic beans? They're magic, honest!

Sorry, couldn't resist that. I'm leaning more towards Chris' side of the fence than yours, but I hope to be proved wrong.

If the beans are expensive enough, I'll have two cans! Joking aside, I'm not saying I'm confident this summer's signings will turn out to be big hits. But Rafa will be able to spend big on a couple of players if he finds the right ones, that I'm sure of.

It's one hell of a difference shopping in the £25M department instead of £10M, and I think Rafa now can.

Guest Jay W

Whatever happens happens. This club will suffer if they dont do whats required and hopefully thats on the minds of those who make deals happen this summer.

Can't say I'm not expecting much because for a kick off the Spanish league isn't finished and it's no coincidence our main targets happen to play in that league, so I would't be worrying about lack of movement just yet. Some would have you believe Malouda and Simao are all but tied up so if thats true theres two improvements, especially with Simao. For me it's a bit early to be concerned, can't blame people though after whats happened with past targets and rumours about an incompetent bell end in charge of making things happen..

I'll be disappointed if we don't spend £50m net. That's inclusive of those already signed and whatever Mascherano costs. With £30m more from TV, the CL earnings and whatever the yanks have to offer that's the least I expect. Any less and the yanks have been talking through their arses.

" Hello Rafa , it's me Rick. I just had to ring you because you won't believe the deal I've done . "

" No it's not Teves and Villa , I'm talking MEGA, you know what I mean ? "

"'I'm just going to say two names - Teddy and Dean "

" Rafa ? Are you still there Rafa . Hello ? ".............................

Come on guys! Rafa said yester-fucking-day, after the telephone meeting with Tom, George and the crazy clown, that he has a positive outlook on the future of the club.

Compare that to his outburst of last thursday and it can only mean, that he's being backed, and the yanks and Rick will now get their fingers out and deliver his first priorities.

I know United has signed some promising players already (and at extremely steep prices), but none of them were our targets anyway, so I cant see how it's affecting our summer business.

And the £30m price on Tevez could very well be a Chris Bascombe spin special seeing as he the day before maybe implied, that we're loaded with money and now gets told to downplay so we wont get fleeced by selling clubs.