You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We're not going to get anyone good are we...

Chris

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, when I say "wet himself" I don't mean in a good way.

In a nutshell he said first and foremost they're good businessmen but not to expect huge investment in the team.

They're good at talking the talk, as we've seen, but I'm not getting too excited about signings.

I suppose the saying is "All will be revealed"

I'm fearfull of all this 30 mill player talk.My hearts been decimated too many times by big money,no heart players ,that have ultimatly failed .

I'm also fearfull of this whole Eto'o/Villa talk...30 mill for a player that will sulk every week when rafa takes him off in the 64th minute is something we don't need.Fucking media will have a season long field day.

The biggest fear I have tho is lots of players coming in and taking 3 months to settle .

At the moment everyones building up this whole new signings lark to such a height that ther'll be fierce pressure before the season even comes close to starting,and war if it doesn't meet peoples expectations

Bent would be a complete waste. He's no better than what we already have so why on earth would Rafa buy him? I fear the only reason Rafa would buy him would be as a last resort if he misses out on all his top targets, a bit like Pennant who we know was hardly the first choice right-winger Rafa wanted.

I really don't think we'll be signing the very top players this summer. Talks of signing Eto'o are crazy - although not quite as crazy as those supporters who actually believe he'll be coming to Anfield.

I'm expecting more of the same as previous seasons to be honest. We've already started early by bringing in Voronin, and I expect further signings to be of similar quality, i.e. not enough for us to make a credible challenge for the title.

This summer is going to be tres merde. Remind me why the club was sold? To make it competitive? Pffft! Doesn't look that way.

One of the overriding reasons was to get the stadium built, which would then in theory give us extra resources to compete.

The sale was not necessarily prompted so that some geezers could stroll in and start lashing money all over the place Chelsea style, or have you got it on good authority that it was?

One of the overriding reasons was to get the stadium built, which would then in theory give us extra resources to compete.

The sale was not necessarily prompted so that some geezers could stroll in and start lashing money all over the place Chelsea style, or have you got it on good authority that it was?

No, I don't have it on good authority, I also never implied that I thought we should "start lashing money all over the place Chelsea style". If the club was sold in order to fund a stadium which is going to be done on loans anyway, could we not have taken the loans out ourselves or did Mr Moores prefer to run off with his hundreds of millions, risk free?

How many guys have played 'Taker? He's had so many guises.

Only one, man. The other dude, that Ted DiBiase brought in was a fake for storyline purposes, but it's been Mark Callaway the whole time since 1990.

No, I don't have it on good authority, I also never implied that I thought we should "start lashing money all over the place Chelsea style".

You did imply it. Chelsea have spent a serious amount of money over and above what they have earned as a club. You implied that the reason we had been sold was to make us competitive. Now, in order to be competitive we need to spend a serious amount of money on new players - where is that money coming from? Is it money we've already generated and have sitting in the bank, in which case the fact we have new owners is immaterial (unless they want to siphon it off for themselves), or do we need additional funds over and above what we have already generated, in which case we need the owners to get the cheque book out, Chelsea style.

If the club was sold in order to fund a stadium which is going to be done on loans anyway, could we not have taken the loans out ourselves or did Mr Moores prefer to run off with his hundreds of millions, risk free?

Fuck knows, although with the current setup it looks like (at this point anyway) that we'll be getting a much better stadium than we would have. Ofcourse there is the point about the new owners taking out loans to actually buy the Club in the first place which are likely going to be paid by taking money out of the Club via a dividend, which is frankly taking the piss.

Only one, man. The other dude, that Ted DiBiase brought in was a fake for storyline purposes, but it's been Mark Callaway the whole time since 1990.

Fuck man. I thought about three or four fellas played the role.

I'll always remember The Undertaker storming in on his Harley during the Rock v HHH Iron Man match. Best. Entrance. Ever. Cost The Rock the title though, D'oh!

Erm, no I didn't. Chelsea are a freak show, wanting the manager to have £30 - £40 million gross is not the same as wanting that much spent on one player which is what Chelsea do.

The point was more to do with spending money not generated by the Club. The options we've got are: a) only spend they money we've generated; b) take on additional debt; or c) get a cash injection from a benefactor, in our case a windfall from Hicks and Gillett. What are you advocating?

I've been away for a couple of days and this place seems to have taken a depressing downturn. I don't know why people are worried. I think there will be a definite upturn in our business this summer. We should all show a bit more patience as well. Our biggest targets may well be playing for the title in Spain right now, so it would not be possible to say anything/do anything at the minute. Let's just calm down a bit and see what the new owners can deliver.