You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ryan Reynolds

Fugitive

5 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

“Reynolds and the other fella”

Not enough credit going to McElhenney here. Fat Mac and Mac’s Pride are far bigger achievements than anything that Canadian shithouse has ever done. 

Even Dennis and Dee are better Reynolds’ than him. Frank pisses all over him. 

Gonna be honest, I think he’s sound as well I just couldn’t be arsed trying to spell his name. You defo googled it 

13 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

The problem he has is his name is long and difficult to spell. He needs to change it to “Smith” and it’ll quickly become “Smith and the good looking one”. 

I can help with the pronunciation....

• Upvote 4

I too are from the town and they have completely changed the club and arguably the city.

It’s nothing like Man City, purely due to fact Wrexhams accounts and commercial deals are not done off the books. The tik tok sponsorship brought in £2 mill alone. The documentary is worth £300k an episode as well. 

Rob and Ryan are genuine blokes by all accounts and during the bus parade they stood on the ladies team bus who had also won their league. Their last game was played at the racecourse in front of 9500 which is welsh record. The stadium development is long overdue and it will allow welsh games back north now. 

I can see why teams like Notts (scab bastards) are upset but Wrexham have been close to the wall twice in the last 20 years and we’re fan owned for a significant time. It is a fairy tale and the scenes after Boreham Wood at home were some of the best moments I’ve experienced in life let alone football. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

If it's all just a press exercise, Reynolds is a master.

Constant stories over here in Canada about him doing good deeds.

My impression is it's not an act. 

The rare combination of decency, charm, smarts and ambition.

He wouldn't last five minutes on "Succession".

• Upvote 2

It's a bit sad that this is the modern way of resuscitating a football club rather than through good old footballing means. My point is that when football at the top has never been richer outside of that elite almost every club has it's begging bowls out to survive. It makes me sick that it takes things like this,whether the owners motives are genuine or not,when the money is there to support at least a couple of divisions below the PL with a bit of a restructure(maybe regional in the bottom two as an example?) but the greed at the top prevents any chance of it happening.

• Upvote 1

On 04/06/2023 at 07:37, JohnnyH said:

My wife is from Wrexham. Her mam and sister still love in the town. She worked and lived in the turf for a good few years back in the late 1990s. She used to sell homemade hotdogs on match days at the pub. 

This whole thing has seen her get into football and allowed me watch loads more games as I spout shite like “Wrexham might be playing these soon, so they’re worth a look” as I watch Juve vs AC Milan. So for that alone it has my blessing. 

She has Wrexham lager mini-kegs (which is piss) delivered to a mates house in Belfast (they don’t deliver to Ireland) and after they won the league she bought 4 “champions” mini-kegs, but in her genius never read the full details of what she was buying and we now gave 4 empty beer kegs with “Wrexham- Champions” emblazoned on them. In her defence, who the fuck sells empty beer mini-kegs?

And just incase anyone was wondering what I meant, here’s the mini-kegs. D’uh moment from the wife certainly, but what a weird thing to sell with no beer in?

IMG_0561.jpeg

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It's a bit sad that this is the modern way of resuscitating a football club rather than through good old footballing means. My point is that when football at the top has never been richer outside of that elite almost every club has it's begging bowls out to survive. It makes me sick that it takes things like this,whether the owners motives are genuine or not,when the money is there to support at least a couple of divisions below the PL with a bit of a restructure(maybe regional in the bottom two as an example?) but the greed at the top prevents any chance of it happening.

Luton have done well enough after a dodgy period.

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Luton have done well enough after a dodgy period.

They have. They do have a history of top flight football though. I'd like to see a more stable infrastructure of clubs though. I do think that there has always been far too many pro clubs in the English Leagues to fully support so I could see one league becoming semi pro at least. We dont need to see clubs going out of existence when so much money is available at the top.

• Upvote 1

I think they've done it fairly sincerely, but it is financial doping. Even if you could standardise it across the leagues, it's not even close to City though. It's more than they have looked across the national-league one and realised there's not a huge gulf in average operating budgets and attendance. They've basically set out the stall as a league one team, and given security to the club along with it.

Most clubs down there do not have that security and have been fighting to stay afloat for the last 20 years. If they go and get funding for a premiership budget in league one, championship level then they'd have a bit more backlash for it.

7 hours ago, Pidge said:

I think they've done it fairly sincerely, but it is financial doping. Even if you could standardise it across the leagues, it's not even close to City though. It's more than they have looked across the national-league one and realised there's not a huge gulf in average operating budgets and attendance. They've basically set out the stall as a league one team, and given security to the club along with it.

Most clubs down there do not have that security and have been fighting to stay afloat for the last 20 years. If they go and get funding for a premiership budget in league one, championship level then they'd have a bit more backlash for it.

Where will they get off? What is their exit strategy? I mean,if they hit the Premier League in about 5 years even two hollywood stars would need a few mates to maintain a PL budget.

21 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Where will they get off? What is their exit strategy? I mean,if they hit the Premier League in about 5 years even two hollywood stars would need a few mates to maintain a PL budget.

Phone call has gone in to Tom Cruise.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Finished watching this recently. Mrs loved it but I just thought the fans came across as  annoying as fuck. Group of them twatted one of their own fans at a train station and had a bizarre sense of entitlement which was strange considering it's not like they came from greatness and fell on hard times. 

If we get them in the FA Cup I've no dount whatsoever they'd be singing sign on and calling us dippers.

Boo hoo, we lost our mines so voted for a Tory MP and occasionally like to smash up chester. Think they were throwing things at the Accrington goalie at the weekend too.

Hope we do get them at some point and get to send their arms, where their legs are. Bunch of Ffestiniog twats.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Finished watching this recently. Mrs loved it but I just thought the fans came across as  annoying as fuck. Group of them twatted one of their own fans at a train station and had a bizarre sense of entitlement which was strange considering it's not like they came from greatness and fell on hard times. 

If we get them in the FA Cup I've no dount whatsoever they'd be singing sign on and calling us dippers.

Boo hoo, we lost our mines so voted for a Tory MP and occasionally like to smash up chester. Think they were throwing things at the Accrington goalie at the weekend too.

Hope we do get them at some point and get to send their arms, where their legs are. Bunch of Ffestiniog twats.

Haha. I don’t mind Wrexham and enjoyed the documentary (still got a few episodes to watch of the new one) 

Wrexham are sound. 

On 04/06/2023 at 08:33, Captain Turdseye said:

“Reynolds and the other fella”

Not enough credit going to McElhenney here. Fat Mac and Mac’s Pride are far bigger achievements than anything that Canadian shithouse has ever done. 

Even Dennis and Dee are better Reynolds’ than him. Frank pisses all over him. 

Sunny is by far the best American Sitcom ever made and no where near enough credit for Mac. 

If anyone hasnt seen him go fat and then back just because he could; is a thing of beauty. 

Fully concur that he is the best out of the two. 

• Upvote 2