You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ryan Reynolds

Fugitive

Never thought I’d ever post that in the FF but good or bad?

For me, it’s good. Seems to be doing wonders for Wrexham as a city and him and rob whateverhisnameis seem to be embracing the whole thing.

But… is it any different than city at a lower level of financial doping?

27 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

Never thought I’d ever post that in the FF but good or bad?

For me, it’s good. Seems to be doing wonders for Wrexham as a city and him and rob whateverhisnameis seem to be embracing the whole thing.

But… is it any different than city at a lower level of financial doping?

Unless they are paying players off the books to be Welsh/Canadian/American advisors then I don't see how it's comparable to City?

I really hope they get promoted again next year at the expense of Neville and the Salford lot. It will be hilarious if they just breeze through the division whilst Neville and his class of 92 pals continue to flounder!

Just had a little read up and it seems that they money invested is more into making the club sustainable in the long term, i have heard Rob Mcelhenney say that is the long term plan. So if its just big investment into the non playing/wages side of things surely thats a good thing. I'd imagine this summer theyll stick money into some transfers to keep in the division

Wrexham didn’t own the Racecourse, because of a dodgy arrangement with the previous owner (one stand in a stste of collapse) but the guys have secured the ground aa Wrexham owners. Money has funded Paul Mullin, Ollie whats his face and the Keeper, as well as building up the gym and other facilities. 
its a great story for football and I hope we see more of it.

If I had a spare billion or 2, I’d love to get Tranmere into the prem and make them Liverpool’s number 2 club….and maybe oversee a Stanley revival.

• Upvote 2

They have put a fair bit of their own cash but the money they're making from the likes of the show, exposure in the US and getting sponsorships from legitimate big companies that wouldn't go near a non-league club is probably already a decent cash stream.

They probably make more from geniune sponsorships than City.

I have a mate from Wrexham and he's a regular attendee of the games, they had it bad for years so good luck to them I say.

Like the line in that film about McDonalds that says they aren't in the food industry they're in the real estate industry, Reynolds isn't in the drinks industry or the mobile industry or the football industry he's in the marketing industry.

All his business interests serve, and re-market, his other businesses through cross promotion.

What he's doing at Wrexham is insignificant compared to what the likes of Neville are doing at Salford.

And while they're spending money they're largely depending on celebrity and fame to promote and drive interest in the business.

7 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Married Scarlett Johansson and Blake Lively. You really have to tip your cap.

Can’t argue with that. What a lucky, lucky fella. 

Are the Deadpool films the only ones he’s stared in that aren’t complete turkeys? 

9 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Can’t argue with that. What a lucky, lucky fella. 

Are the Deadpool films the only ones he’s stared in that aren’t complete turkeys? 

Buried is very good.

His two highest rated films are Mississippi Grind and Adventure Land.

Those two aren't Ryan Reynolds presents, written by Ryan Reynolds, produced and directed by Ryan Reynolds type films though.

I quite like the two netflix films he did as well, they're not going to win any Oscars but they're solid Sunday afternoon watches (Adam Project is the much better of the two).

I think it's an interesting experiment. They're organically trying to grow a small club by using their celebrity status to promote them in the US and grow revenue streams. They are playing to a global fanbase to build the club while treating the local one with respect.

The interest so far has been huge and when you see teams like Luton and Bournemouth in the Premier League it's not hard to imagine a scenario where Wrexham make it one day.

I love it. Great story and they're doing nothing but good. There's no comparison with City because Wrexham aren't breaking any rules.

It's hilarious seeing how star struck Reynolds and Mac are when they're around the Wrexham players. The way Reynolds was in absolute awe of Ben Foster after their final game was mad.

I listen to the Always Sunny podcast quite a bit and a few weeks ago the gang were talking about Wrexham's players and Glenn (who plays Dennis) said "I met Paul Mullin after one of the games and he's just so humble." Mac says "Yeah he doesn't act like a superstar".

Lads, he's a non league footy player who could walk around him home city without being recognised by anybody. He's not Cristiano Ronaldo! They genuinely see the players like that though and it's funny as fuck.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Just have to watch Welcome to Wrexham to see how enamoured with the club they are and how much the fans appreciate what they’ve done for the club and the town.   

34 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Buried is very good.

His two highest rated films are Mississippi Grind and Adventure Land.

Those two aren't Ryan Reynolds presents, written by Ryan Reynolds, produced and directed by Ryan Reynolds type films though.

I quite like the two netflix films he did as well, they're not going to win any Oscars but they're solid Sunday afternoon watches (Adam Project is the much better of the two).

Heard of but never seen Buried. Never watched the Netflix ones. 

Never heard of the other two. I see Ben Mendelsohn is in Mississippi Grind, I like him, I’ll likely check it out.

Free Guy is entertaining enough.

Anyway, I do like him. He’s got good comedy timing and he’s normally the best thing in whatever film he’s in.

• Upvote 2