You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Telegraph:

Premier League clubs could set a record for business on the final day of the transfer window, with Manchester United and Arsenal both pursuing multimillion-pound targets after a fruitless summer in the market so far.

Arsenal could even be in a position to break their £13 million transfer record – set in 2000 when they moved for French striker Sylvain Wiltord – as often as four times on Monday.

Wenger is expected to make late bids in an attempt to lure Schalke midfielder Julian Draxler and Real Madrid trio Karim Benzema, Mesut Özil and Ángel di María to the Emirates Stadium.

Wenger’s shopping bill will top £120million if he can pull off that quartet, with the 19-year-old Draxler valued in excess of £40 million by his club.

Having failed to make a significant addition to his squad at Old Trafford since succeeding Sir Alex Ferguson as manager in May this year, Moyes could also be busy on Monday, spending more than £80 million before the deadline falls – if bids for Everton’s Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines, plus moves for Roma’s experienced Italian international Daniele De Rossi and Athletic Bilbao’s 24-year-old Ander Herrera succeed.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Tony Barrett ?@TonyBarretTimes 12s

All the indications late last night were that Marouane Fellaini will submit a transfer request today.

Fellaini is a good player. I'm not sure he's anywhere close to being a United quality player. They should be going for Ozil, and players of that level. Giggs, Evra, Ferdinand, Carrick, these players aren't going to be getting any better over the coming years, and it appears like they're missing the boat when it comes to rebuilding.

Really fucked up this window. They had their pick of top coaches, but went with Moyes. I suspect Ferguson knew for a while he'd be going, they could have had Guardiola, Klopp (Probably), Mourinho, or any of the other quality managers on the move.

They seem to be doing the same with players. They're a massive draw, yet they've stood still. I think against Chelsea was the first time in 86 games they failed to score, and again yesterday. Long may it continue. Yet all Moyes can say is how well they played. You're not at Everton now, mate.

If they don't do something serious this window, I think they could find it very tricky to get in the top two or three spots. After years of being winner or runner up, that won't fly for long. Moyes, though, is happy with the squad. Hmn.

Official - Ilori Signs

Liverpool have completed the signing of Tiago Ilori from Sporting Lisbon.

4718__6922__15_52242299b7170881090592.jpg

The 20-year-old defender put pen to paper on his contract with the Reds after undergoing a medical at Melwood.

Afterwards, Ilori told Liverpoolfc.com: "It feels great being a Liverpool player - coming to the Premier League has always been a dream for me.

"I'm going to try and achieve everything I can. I want to play as much as possible and we'll see what the future holds. I will give my all and try my best to help the team."

Though born in London, Ilori has represented Portugal at U18, U19 and U20 level.

He also has experience of playing at Anfield in the 2011-12 NextGen Series for Sporting.

"I know the history of the club and the Premier League is the best league in the world, in my opinion," said Ilori. "Liverpool, have a great team and I think it's the place for me to be at the moment.

"I know there have been some great teams here in the past and the club has won a lot of trophies and I want to be a part of it."

Ilori becomes Brendan Rodgers' sixth signing of the summer transfer window, following Kolo Toure, Iago Aspas, Luis Alberto, Simon Mignolet and Aly Cissokho.

Glad to see they've wasted no time getting him in the weights room. Looks like he's not had a square meal for months!

Hope he has some good positioning to go with the speed we've heard about otherwise we might not see much of him until he's put on some size

My Dad used to live in Portugal and he text me yesterday to say that he is good friends with Tiago's Dad and even played volleyball on the beach with Tiago a couple of times when he was younger. He said that he is a great lad, very polite and even at 13 was very happy to see everybody and shake hands etc.

He does look super skinny though....bit worrying for a centre back.

My Dad used to live in Portugal and he text me yesterday to say that he is good friends with Tiago's Dad and even played volleyball on the beach with Tiago a couple of times when he was younger. He said that he is a great lad, very polite and even at 13 was very happy to see everybody and shake hands etc.

He does look super skinny though....bit worrying for a centre back.

I will bare this in mind for when he fucks up in the Derby.

Tottenham have come in from 6/1 to even-money favourites to sign Thomas Ince from Blackpool today. Everton are 5/1 second favourites with Liverpool now out to 10/1.

I can't see his dad wanting him to go to Tottenham.

Ince has ‘gut feeling’ bids will come for Tom - Blackpool FC - Blackpool Gazette

“The most important thing is that he plays football,” said Ince Snr.

“There’s no point him going somewhere and sitting on the bench.

“You see it with (Victor) Moses and (Scott) Sinclair, they are very good footballers who aren’t playing.”

Sakho

The 23-year-old put pen to paper on a long-term contract with the Reds at Melwood after successfully passing a medical at the club's training complex.

After completing his move, Sakho told Liverpoolfc.com: "I'm delighted to be here. I'd like to thank everyone for the welcome.

"I came here because the project that is in place at Liverpool interests me. I'm really looking forward to playing my first game."

Sakho is capable of playing in central defence or at left-back and has made 14 appearances for his country since an international debut against England in November 2010.

After progressing through the French giants' youth academy, the defender made his debut for PSG in 2007 and played a total of 201 games for the capital club.

During more than six years in the first team there, he collected three major trophies - the Ligue 1 title, the Coupe de France and the Coupe de la Ligue - and was named the country's young player of the year at the end of 2010-11.

"I'm really looking forward to cracking on with work and I can't wait to get on pitch," continued Sakho.

"I know the Liverpool fans are fantastic and while I was in France, it was clear for me to see they are amongst the best in England."

Sakho becomes the Reds' seventh signing of the summer transfer window, joining Luis Alberto, Iago Aspas, Aly Cissokho, Tiago Ilori, Simon Mignolet and Kolo Toure in Brendan Rodgers' squad.

Reds announce Sakho signing - Liverpool FC