You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sigurdsson isn't what we need at all.

I think he's been their best player so far, unfairly bundled out yesterday in favour of big names.

He's got a great shot on him, and he can get a shot off from all angles.

You have to ask the question, what happens when Coutinho is injured? Who goes in that middle role? Nobody's remotely qualified to do the job, so it'll be someone like Allen or Gerrard, but that of course impacts the balance of the other midfield slots.

Sigurdsson would give us the ability to rotate Coutinho at times, give him a rest. The amount of times he gets clattered as well, it's got to hurt, he'll need a game or two to recover at some point.

Spanish publication AS claims that Real Madrid are considering one last effort to land Luis Suarez from Liverpool, with Karim Benzema having been jeered by his own supporters against Athletic Bilbao on Sunday.

Benzema who has scored two winners already for them this season? Stay classy Madrid.

Anybody working JLA today? Strip search Suarez if he tried to board a plane, and detain him, he's got a bit of a beard and looks like a wrong'un, and he's openly said he doesn't like the establishment in this country.

Offal - Moses Signs on Loan

Liverpool Football Club has today completed the season-long loan signing of Chelsea forward Victor Moses.

3639__0323__03moses517.jpg

The Nigerian international will spend the duration of the 2013-14 season at Anfield after passing a medical at Melwood on Monday.

After completing the move, Moses told Liverpoolfc.com: "First and foremost, I'm delighted to have made the loan from Chelsea to a big club like Liverpool.

"The most important thing is for me to be professional about it and I'm here to do a job for the club.

"The target is to get into the top four and for the club to compete in the Champions League - and I'm delighted to be here.

"The manager has done very well and the formation and players here will help me and I just want to gel in, get to know the players and play with them.

"There are a lot of quality players here -they're winning games and creating chances. It's a massive thing for me to be here."

Moses joined the London outfit in the summer of 2012 and made 42 appearances, scoring 10 goals, as Chelsea were crowned Europa League champions last season.

The 22-year-old is the Reds' eighth signing of the summer and the third deal to be concluded today, following the earlier announcements of defenders Tiago Ilori and Mamadou Sakho.

We're idiots if we sell Suarez on deadline day. Zero time to spend the money. Would be doing Real and Suarez a favour and for what? A healthy bank balance. Yay...

That would be some kick in the fucking plums if we lost Suarez today, absolutely nothing to gain when we can sell him at the end of the year for the same price.

Guillem Balague

@GuillemBalague

Real Madrid rang Liverpool 2 weeks ago abt Suarez & wr told he is not 4 sale & dont ring again. No calls made by Madrid 4 Luis 2day so far

YAY on Moses!

10 goals in 42 games last season, not to be sniffed at for a wide player.

It also means that Ibe and Sterling can compete with each other for one position, rather than compete for two positions.

------------------------------Mig the Merciless---------------------------------

Johnson/Flanagan----Toure/Skrtel-------Agger/Sakho----------Enrique/Cissokho (plus Kelly/Wisdom/Illori)

Alberto/Henderson------------Lucas/Gerrard------------------Allen/Coutinho

Moses/Aspas-----------------Suarez/Sturridge----------------Sterling/Ibe

We're so close, i wish we'd have one more experienced attacker lined up, but I think we'll just have to admit it's very unlikely. Ideally, I'd actually like two because I'm just not sure about Aspas, and we're still asking a lot of Sterling and Ibe.

• Downvote 1

Fucking camouflage? Oh dear.

Haha, was thinking the same. And am I totally old fashion to think that those "man purses" Sakho carried when he arrived melwood looks completely stupid? Just curious. Not that I care what they wear if they deliver on the pitch. Thrilled about this, 3 signings in 3 hours, not bad.