You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hicks and Gillett Officially Put LFC Up For Sale

Paisley Red

Surely that strengthens my point - that if they had arranged a "put up" bid by Rhone they would have made the terms a little more enticing to the market and more realistic towards the eventual price they want. This 40% bid (and the fact that the Leeches would still own 60%) for £110 Mill doesn't do that in any way.

You're right - that is the reason, but it isn't the work of Hicks that's stopping the sale it's the demands of the creditors. He thought he'd be walking away with a nice sale but the creditors have stopped the sale. How do you see the prevention of him selling as being some sort of masterstroke?

Wrong! as far as I know the reason the Rangers sale is being held up is that the creditors (the poor saps who really pay for Hick's purchases) will not be getting all their money back once the deal goes through. Remember it was their money that Hicks 500M+ debt is tied to that resulted in the MLB paying the Rangers wages. He is shorting them something like 30M or more and they aren't having it. I suspect most of these people are nowhere near as rich as Hicks so can't afford for him to "possibly" find a bidder for his Ice Hockey team as he's telling them they'll get the rest once that team is sold as well. The MLB have tried to encourage these people to accept what Hicks is offering to get the deal done. I suspect the MLB want to see the back of Hicks ASAP as he has used and abused the MLB policy of helping out teams, not because he's broke but because he could! I want these people to show the balls the majority of LFC fans are lacking and force this cunt to pay what he owes. Remember he used a contractual loop hole to get out of having to dissolve/payback his creditors last year, thats the reason why they are so determined now.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mentioned it on the other thread but if we don't qualify for the Champions League which looks more then likely then who knows how long it is going to take to get back into the top four.

Its safe to say that without investment in the playing staff then we are likely to have to rely on Torres and Gerrard having an injury free season for us to get back into the top.

Gillett and Hicks now will have to not only budget for no Champions League football to pay the interest payments but also the fact that we need quite a few million on players.

We can not carry on where like in the summer we had to sell one of our genuine world class players in Alonso to be able to afford Johnson and Aquilani.

We need to add to our quota of world class players not sell them.

Thats why I see us not getting 4th as the straw that breaks the camels back. We make 4th and the search for a buyer grinds to a halt and they continue to milk us. We fail to make it (regardless of whether we win the Europa or not) and the sale will be signed and sealed before the value of the club drops below the level of debt. C&A can harp on about future profits from a new stadium all they want but if they had bothered to even make a half arsed attempt to build it then they would've had a chance of demanding a high purchase price. Instead they wanted some other poor bastard to do it for them but they were in short supply.

Wrong! as far as I know the reason the Rangers sale is being held up is that the creditors (the poor saps who really pay for Hick's purchases) will not be getting all their money back once the deal goes through. Remember it was their money that Hicks 500M+ debt is tied to that resulted in the MLB paying the Rangers wages.

Sorry, which bit are you saying is 'wrong' - you've actually just repeated what I said. More words, much less erudite, not as much panache but you have repeated it all the same.

He is shorting them something like 30M or more and they aren't having it. I suspect most of these people are nowhere near as rich as Hicks so can't afford for him to "possibly" find a bidder for his Ice Hockey team as he's telling them they'll get the rest once that team is sold as well. The MLB have tried to encourage these people to accept what Hicks is offering to get the deal done. I suspect the MLB want to see the back of Hicks ASAP as he has used and abused the MLB policy of helping out teams, not because he's broke but because he could!

That may be the case in the MLB but it isn't like that here - the Prem apparently couldn't give a toss as long as they can make money off the back of "product Premiership".

Thats why I see us not getting 4th as the straw that breaks the camels back. We make 4th and the search for a buyer grinds to a halt and they continue to milk us.

Where will they get the £100 Mill to pay off the RBS loan by the deadline?

C&A can harp on about future profits from a new stadium all they want but if they had bothered to even make a half arsed attempt to build it then they would've had a chance of demanding a high purchase price. Instead they wanted some other poor bastard to do it for them but they were in short supply
Agreed

I still haven't seen anything to convince me that this is some sort of financial wizardry and masterstroke by the Leeches.

That may be the case in the MLB but it isn't like that here - the Prem apparently couldn't give a toss as long as they can make money off the back of "product Premiership".

Oi cheeky!

Made a mistake, was actually replying to someone who was on about the deal being stopped due to land Hicks added to sweeten the deal.

The PL is a joke for letting scum like this buy teams completely on tick!

Look at that Carson Yeung. About to lose Birmingham because of 2M quid!

Or that disgrace thats the West Hams ownership.

I still haven't seen anything to convince me that this is some sort of financial wizardry and masterstroke by the Leeches.

Thats my point. No 4th place=not a cat in hells chance of getting that 100M or even giving the banks half of that to keep them quiet not without selling one or two first teamers. Thats why I think the sale will go through if this happens. Same thing with the rangers. They will start to go down hill as he's put next to nothing into the team if their wage bill is anything to go by. How he managed to get 500+M for them I'll never know.

MLB disappointed Rangers' sale delayed

Major League Baseball is disappointed the proposed sale of the Texas Rangers from Tom Hicks to Chuck Greenberg's group had been stalled by a dispute involving the lenders to the team's owner.

The sides announced an agreement on Jan. 23, but creditors of the Hicks Sports Group, which owns the Rangers and the NHL's Dallas Stars, have not approved it.

"We've gone since January on this. We hoped to have it closed on or about opening day, and we're disappointed it's not closed yet," Bob DuPuy, baseball's chief operating officer, told The Associated Press on Tuesday before an All-Star game news conference.

"Tom Hicks and the buyer are trying to get the transaction completed," DuPuy said. "The commissioner has had considerable contact with the parties, and we're working closely. We understood that because of the* Hicks Sports Group debt - the parent company and not the team - that there were issues with regard to the parent company lenders.

"We've met with them, as well, and we're trying to work through that. We think the purchase agreement for the consideration being paid for the Rangers represents a fair purchase price, and we're anxious to see the deal closed as written. But I'm not going to predict."

Hicks Sports Group said in February it had retained Galatioto Sports Partners to look for new investors and explore the idea of selling a majority stake in the Dallas Stars.

Separately, Hicks and George Gillette Jr. said Friday that had hired Barclays Bank to lead the search for a buyer for Liverpool, which they co-own under a separate entity.

ANAHEIM, Calif. -

Dallasnews.com : MLB disappointed Rangers' sale delayed

Going purely on press reports i think Hicks and Gillett have explored all their choices and now ended up at an 100% sale.

When they initially bought the club they instantly offered a small minority share of 10-15% to DIC so we know they have been looking for investment since the word go.

Most of the Arab world have seen the investment documents that were posted on the internet a while back as the owners have whored the club around to anyone with a few quid to rub together.

Most recently we have had the owners trying in vain to raise £100m to help pay off the debt again without success.

We have the new accounts due to be released which i presume will be interesting reading with the previous set including a note saying we were a 'going concern'.

The problem for the owners is they do not want to see anyone take over, build the new stadium and benefit whereas they could not afford to.

Its for this reason when advisors have been telling them to sell up they have been reluctant to do so but it seems that they have finally seen sense in the advise of Michael Klein.

We already know the owners have met with Klein and he is the one who told them the best course of action is to sell up and introduced them to Broughton to complete this.

Of course this could all be bullshit to buy time with RBS but im surprised Broughton putting his business reputation at risk getting involved with a scheme like this especially after allowing himself to be filmed on a televised interview saying he is confident of a sale.

Going purely on press reports i think Hicks and Gillett have explored all their choices and now ended up at an 100% sale.

When they initially bought the club they instantly offered a small minority share of 10-15% to DIC so we know they have been looking for investment since the word go.

Most of the Arab world have seen the investment documents that were posted on the internet a while back as the owners have whored the club around to anyone with a few quid to rub together.

Most recently we have had the owners trying in vain to raise £100m to help pay off the debt again without success.

We have the new accounts due to be released which i presume will be interesting reading with the previous set including a note saying we were a 'going concern'.

The problem for the owners is they do not want to see anyone take over, build the new stadium and benefit whereas they could not afford to.

Its for this reason when advisors have been telling them to sell up they have been reluctant to do so but it seems that they have finally seen sense in the advise of Michael Klein.

We already know the owners have met with Klein and he is the one who told them the best course of action is to sell up and introduced them to Broughton to complete this.

Of course this could all be bullshit to buy time with RBS but im surprised Broughton putting his business reputation at risk getting involved with a scheme like this especially after allowing himself to be filmed on a televised interview saying he is confident of a sale.

simple as that imo, good post..

The financial reality for the owners is the longer they leave it the less they will get.

Thats why I fully expect the deal to be done very quickly.

For top dollar they should have sold the club why we could still make the CL but they probably wanted to sit that one out.

This is what I reckon is going to happen. It is just my opinion and I am extremely drunk as I write this shite:

We will get bought out by a rich sugar daddy (in the Man City mould) by the start of July.

We will buy Silva, Villa, A central midfielder, a left back and probably a centre back.

We will keep Rafa

We will win the league and the Champions League

I will party like its 1999

Sorry Barry - you're wrong again. Like I said, ask Hamstrung what the lending environment is like at HBOS now compared to previously.

Should I be worried that you seem to have been doing a bit of stalking? Are you a fit bird?

I haven't a clue, by the way. You're probably hanging around outside my house, if you fancy coming in we can have a chat about it?

Broughton just on Sky news talking about BA, at the end he was asked about the Liverpool sale and he said "a couple of months" and there are several interested parties.

He said the same to Bloomberg News on the day of the announcement:

- What I'm asking from Liverpool fans is a little patience. We are talking a maximum of a few months. It's in everyone's interest we get the right owners, therefore I'm looking for the time to complete this process.

- What RBS has done is given us an extension which gives us time to complete the process. We didn't want to have a situation where a bidder had negotiating leverage because we were coming against a deadline.

This is what I reckon is going to happen. It is just my opinion and I am extremely drunk as I write this shite:

We will get bought out by a rich sugar daddy (in the Man City mould) by the start of July.

We will buy Silva, Villa, A central midfielder, a left back and probably a centre back.

We will keep Rafa

We will win the league and the Champions League

I will party like its 1999

i hope you are right,i don't think i've ever been this depressed being a liverpool fan:(

He said the same to Bloomberg News on the day of the announcement:

- What I'm asking from Liverpool fans is a little patience. We are talking a maximum of a few months. It's in everyone's interest we get the right owners, therefore I'm looking for the time to complete this process.

- What RBS has done is given us an extension which gives us time to complete the process. We didn't want to have a situation where a bidder had negotiating leverage because we were coming against a deadline.

But there is a deadline.

But there is a deadline.

That's how I see it. If RBS continually offer extensions to allow a sale, in order to fend off potential competition (Barclays) remaining interested from the outside, with inside involvement, then we may well be in a state of perpetual inertia!!

The only way out of this, is if a couple of parties are at a fairly advanced stage of the purchase and this is a one off in order to complete it on a level playing field, which ultimately protects the money they are owed.

Don't want to piss on your chips but all that is possible apart from one minor detail. What the fuck are we gonna fight back with?! Rafa has had his transfer fund ripped out of his hands once before whats to stop them doing it again?

The part where I said "If we get proper owners and start firing on all cylinders..."

That's the key.