You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

I read once thag pigs are one of the cleanest animals and that they roll in mud, not their own shit, to avoid their delicate pink skinfrom getting burnt.

So yiu should find some mud to roll in out there in the 40C heat and sun.

Preferably with those two birds from the bar....

Swim went out the window, AC on the metro was fucked so a quick happy hour couple was called for.

Nobody is saying you need to, but the ketogenic diet isn't just about weight loss. There are apparently many other benefits:

http://authoritynutrition.com/10-benefits-of-low-carb-ketogenic-diets/

I've done it before.  It's not something you can do for any large length of time.  Like most people dieting a specific way they go back to eating shit after they finish said diet.  If people started to count their macros getting used to eating right with out the extremes of Keto they're less like to fall off the wagon to to speak.

I've done it before.  It's not something you can do for any large length of time.  Like most people dieting a specific way they go back to eating shit after they finish said diet.  If people started to count their macros getting used to eating right with out the extremes of Keto they're less like to fall off the wagon to to speak.

It's a diet. It's no more extreme than being vegan etc. People who chose to use it like any other fad diet, well, that's their choice. Peoples failure to adhere to it doesn't discredit it. I know plenty that started an IIFYM macros diet, tracking what they eat etc and gave up after a few weeks. That doesn't mean calorie and macro counting, and sticking to 40/40/20 doesn't work either.

It's a diet. It's no more extreme than being vegan etc. People who chose to use it like any other fad diet, well, that's their choice. Peoples failure to adhere to it doesn't discredit it.

No one's discrediting it.  I've just pointed out a far better way to achieve ones goals that will serve far better in the long.  A long term solution instead of a short term diet if you will.

I've had to get back on it lately.  Put on a fair bit of weight the last year, but I've had to lose loads of weight before in the past so I know I've got the ability to do it.

I know they might work but I can't be arsed doing all these workout programmes and that, I'm just eating less and exercising more. 1500 calories a day for the last fortnight, and the forseeable future, and 45 minutes on a cross trainer 4 times a week. I've lost half a stone in a fortnight and I'm going to keep it up.

I'm basically doing the opposite of every woman I've ever worked with. Milkshake diets, only eating between 10-4 a day, drinking loads of green tea, eating fuck all two days a week and binging the other 5... The shit these people go through, they keep it up for a couple of weeks max and then moan when the weight doesn't fall off. Just eat less and go for a run for fucks sake.

I've had to get back on it lately.  Put on a fair bit of weight the last year, but I've had to lose loads of weight before in the past so I know I've got the ability to do it.

I know they might work but I can't be arsed doing all these workout programmes and that, I'm just eating less and exercising more. 1500 calories a day for the last fortnight, and the forseeable future, and 45 minutes on a cross trainer 4 times a week. I've lost half a stone in a fortnight and I'm going to keep it up.

I'm basically doing the opposite of every woman I've ever worked with. Milkshake diets, only eating between 10-4 a day, drinking loads of green tea, eating fuck all two days a week and binging the other 5... The shit these people go through, they keep it up for a couple of weeks max and then moan when the weight doesn't fall off. Just eat less and go for a run for fucks sake.

Good stuff Ape.

Not trying to piss on your chips, but I'm down 7.5lbs in 8 days eating like a pig and very little exercise!

Eating less and exercising more sounds great, but there's a chance you'll crash if you go too hard. To my mind, it should be eat less or exercise more. More likely to stick to one or the other long term.

Eating 1500 cals is terrible mate. You will initially loose weight but then your metabolism will slow right down as it tries to prevent loss. Up it slightly per week and I bet you continue to loose. Get to about 2.5k and up the exercise slightly. Much healthier easier to maintain and a longer term benefit.

Keto is ace by the way.

• Upvote 1

Yeah net. Some days I have had less than 1500 and exercised but looking back some days have been 2000 without exercise so a net of 1650 doesn't seem too bad. If I start to plateau I'll up the calories a bit and change my exercise routine a bit, but need a boost at first to lose a stone or two quite fast.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

1500 calories isn't terrible at all. That's moderate and healthy and only a 25% reduction in recommended intake. As for exercise... Of course you want to be on that. It increases your metabolism, it burns calories, and makes you healthier.

Lad who works for me is quite considerably overweight and has been (notionally/theoretically) on the same sort of diet as me, from around the same time.

According to his Facebook updates he's at the gym for 2 hours 3 or 4 times per week, and swims for an hour at the weekend.

Only thing is, in cutting out carbs hes still eating bread fairly regularly, eats chips every now and then, and whatever he's eating, eats it in tremendous volumes.

While I've lost around 2 stone since the new year, he looks exactly the same as he did at the start.

He keeps telling us he can tell his body is changing - whether he's lost weight or not. He also justifies every thing he eats in a truly categoric way and is adamant he's doing all the right things.

Last week he had a footlong and 6 inch subway in one sitting and justified it as needing all the meat that was in it due to his exercise, ignoring that he had 18" of bread at the same time. He says 'I can have one bad day' at least twice a week, too.

He also, when chatting to our colleague last week, said he's reached the point that he 'literally can't do any more at the gym now' because if he does it gets him out of breath or makes his legs ache.

It's so amusing watching him justify it all to himself, and he must be spending about £10 a day on his pre-cooked chicken and stuff from the supermarket.

Why?

Different sizes, body compositions, activity levels etc burn different amounts of calories. 1500kcals for me would severely limit my ability to exercise and would be counter productive. I've tried it. My immune system has crashed every time too, and I've had long bouts of sickness. Nothing drastic, just had the cold for a couple of months at a time.

There is lots of things that will work for pretty much everyone and the bottom line is to burn off more calories than you eat, but we cant expect to have a definite figure like that apply to everyone. I've discovered the lowest I can eat and maintain any sort or mental and physical performance is an average of 1700-1800 daily. The best compromise for weight loss and performance for me is around 2100kcals at the minute. That will change with my body composition.

• Upvote 1

Different sizes, body compositions, activity levels etc burn different amounts of calories. 1500kcals for me would severely limit my ability to exercise and would be counter productive. I've tried it. My immune system has crashed every time too, and I've had long bouts of sickness. Nothing drastic, just had the cold for a couple of months at a time.

There is lots of things that will work for pretty much everyone and the bottom line is to burn off more calories than you eat, but we cant expect to have a definite figure like that apply to everyone. I've discovered the lowest I can eat and maintain any sort or mental and physical performance is an average of 1700-1800 daily.

That makes perfect sense.

I read of some fitness model contestant lady in the States. She needed to loose 5lbs ish to be in tip top condition to compete at a world level and stand a chance of winning it. Her coach had her dropping cals and dropping cals till she was on about 500 a day in order to shift the bit of fat. She never did and was a complete wreck. She went to another famous coach (forget his name) and over the course of a couple of years built her up to 1800 - 2500 kcals at a lower body fat percentage and she stormed the title.

Less is not always better. The metabolism is a funny thing.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

People go on medical diets of 500 calories per day. 1500 a day shouldn't make you I'll unless you're about 12ft tall and 9 wide.

I don't eat a lot. Probably less than 1000 cal per day. Have done this for years.

I should be incredibly unhealthy but I feel amazing.

Now way you eat less than 1000 a day no way on this earth. We've never met but I can tell you that now. Your brain would not work.