You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

You wouldnt die! You would lose weight. Which is what it's for. You need your 50g of protein and carbs, plus oils/fats/vitamins, etc. You stay on it as long as it takes to reach your goal weight.

You would lose weight, including Muscle, fat, bone density etc.  If you did it for a decent length of time it would have serious health implications.. 

If I eat 1500kcal or under I have next to no energy by mid day.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I've got a stag do in Magaluf in 5 months and want to lose around 3 stone.

I've stuck to a circa 1500 cal a day diet before for over a year and lost over 5 stone. Felt great too.

Wonder you're not dead, mate. 1500 is sensible. 500 is extreme, which is the reason I mentioned it, to give talk of this terrible 1500 calorie diet some context.

By keep saying do you mean 'said them once'? You can get lipotrim on the NHS, at 500 calories. Cambridge and lighter life too.

Well of course it's for fucking weight loss, as I keep saying. That's the entire point of this thread, discussion and these posts. It's not something a perfectly weighted person would do, just as 1500 wouldn't. It's to lose weight.

1500 on a diet is fine. It can be sustained for a long time. Many months.

You need to alter your tone. You're being aggressive, and indignant.

1500 on a diet is fine for some people. That's the point. Other people will achieve much greater results by tailoring their diet to their own calorie and macronutrient needs. And that would usually be higher than 1500kcals.

The last two pages of this thread are an embarrassment and exactly the reason I have zero desire to understand the science behind any of this, and why I'm just sticking loosely to a one week example meal planner I was given, and typically avoiding 4 main carb type foods.

All this shit you've engaged in here is a disgrace.

The GF used to be good. It must have been on less than 500 kcal for too long, it's the only explanation.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Disgrace? What?

As for carbs, they're not bad per se. Simple carbs are cunts, but wholemeal/wholgrain complex carbs are good. They regulate your blood sugar level, and keep you fuller for longer.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Porridge is a great part of a healthy lifestyle. Add a natural sweetener or fruit like blueberries and it's a winner. Shredded wheat a nice too.

I like white toast and have no willpower.

The last two pages of this thread are an embarrassment and exactly the reason I have zero desire to understand the science behind any of this, and why I'm just sticking loosely to a one week example meal planner I was given, and typically avoiding 4 main carb type foods.

All this shit you've engaged in here is a disgrace.

The GF used to be good. It must have been on less than 500 kcal for too long, it's the only explanation.

Fuckin hell Bob you didn't bang 'the wife' did you.....either that or you have a low blood sugat are are hangry.

Haha, too true.

Having said that, turns out I was off the mark anyway as I weighed myself about 10 mins after that when I got out of the shower and I was down to 15st 7.

That's a goal post weight for me, because I can now - if I wanted to - go skydiving, which had a 15.5st weight limit.

Still more to go, but that's 2.5st down from my heaviest.

About the same weight as me.

I am only 5 10 so I am a bit stocky by nature but its my natural bodyshape.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Fuck the difet tonight. I've already had 8 pints and 4 jäger b mins. Get the hangover thread ready for tomorrow.

It's a wonder you can see straight, let along type in a near coherent fashion. PS. I love you.

I'm doing 30 Day Shred at the moment.

Did about 20 sessions of it back in November and felt great. I was walking around in good shape but then went on Holiday and then had Christmas and... (insert other excuses here).

I've done 5 sessions so far and feel well better for it.

Combined with getting a good nights sleep and eating relatively sensibly it makes life more enjoyable!

Had my carb nite last night.

It's amazing how you adjust to things, as I found the chocolate to be sickly sweet. Powered through!

I'm up a couple of pounds this morning, but down 5 pounds overall in a week and a half. The ketostix are showing pink, so I haven't been kicked out of ketosis. So I'm back on the wagon again this morning, and will give myself another 7 days before pigging out again....just like Kiefer told me to!

I'll tell you what though. I'm fucking starving this morning after all the shite last night. Haven't felt hunger like it in over a week.

Had my carb nite last night.

It's amazing how you adjust to things, as I found the chocolate to be sickly sweet. Powered through!

I'm up a couple of pounds this morning, but down 5 pounds overall in a week and a half. The ketostix are showing pink, so I haven't been kicked out of ketosis. So I'm back on the wagon again this morning, and will give myself another 7 days before pigging out again....just like Kiefer told me to!

I'll tell you what though. I'm fucking starving this morning after all the shite last night. Haven't felt hunger like it in over a week.

Have you got a link to it?