You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Sun 5th Mar 2023 (4:30pm)

Trumo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I think that Alice Abrahams said it best when watching the united game... "this is clown"

Oh I like her. Proper nut job. Would be a great danger fuck. Keep saying 7-0 as you’re fucking and I bet she’d be a wild ride. 

12 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Quick, get a statement out, just say anything! 

Wout Weghorst says his dedication to Manchester United "can never be questioned" after he touched the 'This is Anfield' sign prior to his side's 7-0 thrashing by Liverpool on Sunday.

Forward Weghorst said his intention had been to "wind up" Netherlands captain Virgil van Dijk in the tunnel.

"From the national team I know that Virgil always touches the sign," said Weghorst, who is on loan from Burnley.

"The only intention I had was to stop him touching it and wind him up."

It is rare for opposition players to touch the iconic sign, not least those of Liverpool's closest rivals Manchester United.

Weghorst, filmed reaching for the sign at the same time as Liverpool defender Van Dijk, has received criticism on social media.

Seeking to clarify the footage, Weghorst said on Instagram: "Normally I never react to media topics, but for this one it's worth it because you amazing Manchester United fans are important to me.

"As a child I always supported FC Twente, and as a proud player now for Manchester United my dedication to this club can never be questioned.

"Sunday was a terrible day for all of us, we are putting everything into making it right in the next weeks. We will bounce back together and achieve our aims this season."

All since the Shank’s days the “This Is Anfield” sign has been mythical. Players touching it to please the football Gods and benefit with some good luck. Never really knew what would happen if an opponent touched it. Now I know.

• Upvote 7

11 hours ago, Razoray said:

It is 20-4 in the last 10 league games at Anfield not 36-2. No need to exaggerate. 20-4 is enough. 

17-2 in the last 4 league games, 21-4 in the last 5. 

which of the 5 before that did we lose (-1) to nil?

im not sure your maths checks out.

13 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

22 Mar 2015    Liverpool v Manchester United    L    1-2    Premier League

17 Jan 2016    Liverpool v Manchester United    L    0-1    Premier League

The bench in that last defeat!

On the bench:
Danny Ward
Steven Caulker
Brad Smith
Joe Allen
João Teixeira
Jordon Ibe
Christian Benteke

26 minutes ago, Torvald Utne said:

22 Mar 2015    Liverpool v Manchester United    L    1-2    Premier League

17 Jan 2016    Liverpool v Manchester United    L    0-1    Premier League

The bench in that last defeat!

On the bench:
Danny Ward
Steven Caulker
Brad Smith
Joe Allen
João Teixeira
Jordon Ibe
Christian Benteke

Completely forgot Benteke played for us.

This was a stunning goal, though forgotten because it didn't mean much in the end.

I thought we were sunk after Madrid.  Finished.  Thanks.  Start again.

And then this.

In such a shit season, to produce a win for the ages.  Astonishing.

And we might still be in the European Cup next season.

If you told me we'd avoid relegation by a point, BUT beat United 7 (SEVEN)-0, I'd almost take it any day.

What a historic win.   Really, really hard to believe.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Torvald Utne said:

oh I just got why you're questioning the maths....he refers to home games in the first line then all games in the second line.

Ah, fair enough. I was scratching my head big time!

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

It is 20-4 in the last 10 league games at Anfield not 36-2. No need to exaggerate. 20-4 is enough. 

17-2 in the last 4 league games, 21-4 in the last 5. 

The last 5 refer to home and away

Edit: as clarified above by TU

19 hours ago, Fugitive said:

He looks and sounds like all those nonces who get caught on Facebook by those paedo hunters.

Surely he's special needs? If he's not he deserves every bit of shit and piss taking that comes his way, but I'd be wary of doing it as there's definitely something going on there.

One thing he said which is worth referencing though. The disdain in his voice that they'd conceded to "Darwin fucking Nunez" just highlights how many dickheads bought into the twitter assassination of him and the "shit Andy Carroll" chants.

There are a lot of fans around the country who have no idea how fucking boss he already is, let alone what he's going to become.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, dave u said:

Surely he's special needs? If he's not he deserves every bit of shit and piss taking that comes his way, but I'd be wary of doing it as there's definitely something going on there.

One thing he said which is worth referencing though. The disdain in his voice that they'd conceded to "Darwin fucking Nunez" just highlights how many dickheads bought into the twitter assassination of him and the "shit Andy Carroll" chants.

There are a lot of fans around the country who have no idea how fucking boss he already is, let alone what he's going to become.

We have had massive success in transfers in recent years and the players have been hammering the fuck out of these cunts year in year out. They are desperate for Nunez to fail so they can keep pointing at the £100m figure which isn't true either. Even if it is true with addons etc, Nunez will most likely tick all the addons because he is fucking ace.

They have literally nothing else to point to. Well they could point at Keita but even he scored against them and got their most expensive midfielder sent off. 

• Upvote 1

The Nunez thing absolutely pisses me off even to the point I heard some commentary the other day almost explaining to their audience that Liverpool fans actually love Darwin.

Compare the nonsense he's had compared to this Antony blert or that Mudryk (sp) that Chelsea signed, both for ridiculous fees both done next to fuck all yet Nunez gets stick from all areas.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

The Nunez thing absolutely pisses me off even to the point I heard some commentary the other day almost explaining to their audience that Liverpool fans actually love Darwin.

Compare the nonsense he's had compared to this Antony blert or that Mudryk (sp) that Chelsea signed, both for ridiculous fees both done next to fuck all yet Nunez gets stick from all areas.

Antony

Sancho

Lukaku

Nearly £300m.

25 minutes ago, dave u said:

Darwin Nunez - Cost £65m to £85m, 23 years old, 1st season in Premier League.

8 goals and 3 assists in 18 appearances in the league.

14 goals, 4 assists in 31 games in all competitions.

Antony - Cost £82m to £87m, 23 years old, 1st season in Premier League.

3 goals and 0 assists in 13 appearances in the league.

6 goals, 1 assists in 28 games in all competitions. 

One of the above is a dud? 

• Upvote 3