You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Sun 5th Mar 2023 (4:30pm)

Trumo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Section_31 said:

That's because they're not really a fanbase with any roots, they're a loose alliance of shitbags from up and down the land and around the world who prefer the actual game of football less than they prefer gloating on Monday mornings. All they wanted was the easy gloat, the quick win, without having to commit to the actual long game. That's why they're so brattish when the team have the temerity to not deliver what these people need for their own fragile sense of self worth.

They're like a French foreign legion of university of life simpletons and invisible middle children. A pirate ship crewed by glory hunting privateers, they follow no flag save self interest.

That's why they sing shit like this, because they don't really understand it, they think that's rivalry. Much like their flags say "United" and their songs chant "United" or why they sing "who are ya?" To Oxford united in the FA Cup, or why they tend to get their heads kicked in when they're abroad.

They're a crude facsimile of a fanbase. But scratch at the surface and there's nothing underneath.

Nutshell.

2 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

No punishment for Bruno cunting Fernandes. Klopp gets a ban for shouting at the linesman but shoving one is ok.

Dermott Gallagher on sky saying the linesman put his hands on Fernades so it's pretty much his own fault. 

Rarely has a match panned out so differently to what I imagined it would before kick off. I thought we'd scrape a hard fought win by one goal. This was just ridiculous. Their defending was a joke but we forced them into errors with our relentless pressing and they could not handle our pace in attack. The myth around this manc side has well and truly been exploded, and who better to expose them than us. What a win. Hopefully this kick starts a good run for us and demoralise the mancs so we can eventually overtake them. 

Been watching the post match analysis on ESDN. After picking apart the shambles of Utd, and in particular the absolute joke and disgrace of big ears Bruno, I heard something from Ian Wright which has just blown me away. He’s usually very careful to choose his words, and in a calm deliberate tone, he simply said - “watching that Liverpool performance in the second half……a….a fire was lit. It was beautiful to watch

Damn straight Ian. The beautiful game played by The Reds. Echoes of decades of heroes, genuine leaders and Red legends who have made our lives so rich.

What a family we all belong to.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Been watching the post match analysis on ESDN. After picking apart the shambles of Utd, and in particular the absolute joke and disgrace of big ears Bruno, I heard something from Ian Wright which has just blown me away. He’s usually very careful to choose his words, and in a calm deliberate tone, he simply said - “watching that Liverpool performance in the second half……a….a fire was lit. It was beautiful to watch

Damn straight Ian. The beautiful game played by The Reds. Echoes of decades of heroes, genuine leaders and Red legends who have made our lives so rich.

What a family we all belong to.

I like Wrighty, he's always pretty complimentary towards us and seems a nice, genuine bloke 

A little bit of commentator bullshit that would have annoyed me on another day was the suggestion that Fernandez had Alisson beaten with that header off target.

No.

The camera behind the goal shows that Ali had the goal covered: if it had been on target, he would have saved it.  It's not in his job description to stop balls that are going out for a goal-kick.