You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs West Ham 19/10/22 - 19:30

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Good result.

Playing the last 15 minutes with only 1 forward was concerning, though, and I’m pretty worried about the squad’s ability to continue playing 2 games every week.

Thankfully we only have about what 4 weeks until it all stops for that pile of shite in Qatar.

As much as i hate idea of break and don't give a shite about world cup (ingerlund hopefully getting humiliated aside) it is likely going to be a good thing for us - and hopefully Jota/Diaz will be fit by time we restart and then we have Jan to hopefully do something about midfield....

44 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I don't get people raging about our performance - it wasn't bad. West Ham played really well. 

For about 30 minutes in the first half, our attacking play was what the commentators call "sumptuous". We should have been 3 or 4 up at half-time.

The second half was flat, but we got through it - three points, clean sheet, no new injuries. That'll do.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Code said:

Only 7 points behind City now. 

Considering how shit we've been that's quote a surprise. 

Really hope we can keep up this good form, if we're within touching distance by January then our reinforcements of Bellingham and Mbappe should be enough to get us over the line. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, J-V said:

Hendeson went in for and won a 50/50 first half. Scenes.

He did. Haven’t seen that from him in a few years. I dont rate him at all, but had a decent game tonight. Very good in the pressing and sensible and effective distribution. Still, once Thiago leaves the field we lack the movement, vision and quality to play our way out from the back. Midfield still needs a massive overhaul.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

The main thing we lack in midfield is intensity, pressing and quick feet and positional awareness to win second balls. Trent is as far from the solution to that as you’ll get.

A bit of creativity wouldn't go amiss.

• Upvote 1

Great until their penalty and you’d think Ali’s save would have given us a boost. Nunes was fantastic I thought, powerful, committed in attack and defence, with a great goal to show for it. Second half was awful but losing two players like Jota and Diaz is going to limit our options, so all things considered I’ll fucking take this win happily.
We are shit at tackling though and at times West Ham we’re passing round us like a training session. Everybody worked their socks off so  although Trent and Fab were concerning at times, we are at least working hard and 3 points is our reward. Stop making stupid decisions though, eh reds. 

1 minute ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Agree. He brings that from RB, and maybe he could do the same in midfield. But a lot of the other qualities you need from a top midfielder isn’t there from what I’ve seen at least.

You may be right but it wouldn't surprise me if klopp tries him out, he's too good to not have a role. It could be just the new lease of life he needs