You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

174 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

It turns out that the Portuguese league is utter dog shit. 

So much so that Gyokeres, the former 25 year old Coventry useless lump, is top scorer and won player of the month for 5 fucking months in a row.

We got done. Someone's head has to roll. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I didn’t say I agreed, I clearly stated he wasn’t the only wasteful player and we’d made mistakes at the back, however, there is a clear pattern of him not taking his chances - he’s an easy target. 

Yes, Atalanta we were really poor, I sincerely doubt it would have been the same game had we gone 1-0 up. 

Yep

They probably would have scored 5

9 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I don't remember Suarez hitting the post so often at all. I remember him hitting the back of the net a ton though.

This narrative of Suarez struggling early in his Liverpool career before coming good is bizarre to me; he hit the ground running and continued on in that same vein until he went mental.

1st 6 months under Kenny he missed loads..think even in that 1st full season,he struggled a bit?

If only he could finish he would be a great player..remember that vividly 

3 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Yep

They probably would have scored 5

I’ll rephrase…

How many times have you seen us go 1-0 up and go on to get bumholed at Anfield?

I can think of 3 - Barca in 2001, Chelsea in 2009 & Real Madrid last season. 

So 3 times in approaching 25 years. It’s a rarity.

Atalanta were / are nowhere near a good a side as any of the 3 above teams.

I’m struggling to comprehend why I’ve got to explain why us going 1-0 up would have completely changed the complexion of the match / tie.

7 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I’ll rephrase…

I’m struggling to comprehend why I’ve got to explain why us going 1-0 up would have completely changed the complexion of the match / tie.

because the team.as a whole.were shocking,particually the defence

the idea that just because they went 1 down,would have saw them not even attempt to test those fraliltes,seems quite fanciful.

I’ve seen a few posts on Twitter suggesting both he and his wife have had their replies turned off for some time and his removal of LFC related posts wasn’t about abuse but something else with the club. He did march off down the tunnel straight after the game.

EDIT: Maybe he read my “had enough’ posts on here after the Everton miss….

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

because the team.as a whole.were shocking,particually the defence

the idea that just because they went 1 down,would have saw them not even attempt to test those fraliltes,seems quite fanciful.

As I said in my last post, I’m struggling to even comprehend why I’ve got to explain how us scoring the first goal might have changed the complexion of the tie. 

With that, I wish you a good day. 

15 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

He was really good for Coventry? Mate of mine is a Cov fan, was disappointed that he left

Yeah god forbid a player progresses with his development and excels in a better team. 

Hate all this arrogant “Any league not the Prem is just shit, which means the players are all shite that come from there” attitude.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

I’ve seen a few posts on Twitter suggesting both he and his wife have had their replies turned off for some time and his removal of LFC related posts wasn’t about abuse but something else with the club. He did march off down the tunnel straight after the game.

EDIT: Maybe he read my “had enough’ posts on here after the Everton miss….

Uruguay forward Darwin Nunez, 24, has fuelled speculation of a summer exit from Liverpool by deleting all images of his time at Anfield from his Instagram page.

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Uruguay forward Darwin Nunez, 24, has fuelled speculation of a summer exit from Liverpool by deleting all images of his time at Anfield from his Instagram page.

Cnn here.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I’ll rephrase…

I know this is stats and I’m not sure how much I believe them but this analysis is quite interesting. Basically says players are more likely to get shots on target when leading rather than when chasing a game. https://x.com/begriffis/status/1787534172233277747?s=61

8 minutes ago, AHA said:

I know this is stats and I’m not sure how much I believe them but this analysis is quite interesting. Basically says players are more likely to get shots on target when leading rather than when chasing a game. https://x.com/begriffis/status/1787534172233277747?s=61

Sounds about right.  A lot of pressure when nearly every game you have to score twice in 60 minutes or so.  

I don't get how he can even read the abusive messages. He gives the impression he struggles to speak the language let alone read it. These characters seem to just gaze at social media until they're either egomaniacs or else jibbering wrecks.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

I don't get how he can even read the abusive messages. He gives the impression he struggles to speak the language let alone read it. These characters seem to just gaze at social media until they're either egomaniacs or else jibbering wrecks.

Quansah got bored of terrorising Matip and now just spends his day reading abusive messages to Nunez.

1 hour ago, gkmacca said:

Unless you are older than @stringvest which I highly doubt; 

You do realise that technology literally translates words in the palm of your hands.