You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

8 hours ago, SlugTrail said:

So sancho is gonna be on over £700k a week. Not sure thats correct Barry.

350k per week and a transfer fee. 

So yeah, got that wrong which will teach me to do it when I'm pissed. 91m wages, 75m fee. 166m 

Konate 70k per week. So 18m wages on 5 years (the same as 1 year of sanch). And 34m fee, so 52m. 

So the point still remains. Exactly the same. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Konate has joined though, so you could be right.

We currently have

Goalkeepers: Alisson, Adrian, Kelleher*

Defenders: Van Dijk, Gomez*, Matip, Davies*, Phillips*, Alexander-Arnold*, Robertson, Tsimikas, Konaté

Midfielders: Henderson*, Fabinho, Thiago, Milner*, Keita, Shaqiri, Oxlade-Chamberlain*

Forwards: Salah, Mane, Firmino, Jota, Origi, 

* Homegrown

Back from loan: Grujić, Minamino, Karius, Ojo, Woodburn, Wilson, Awoniyi

Under 21 players that don't need to be registered: C Jones, Elliott, N.Williams, R.Williams, Koumetio, Clarkson, Cain, Pitaluga etc

On this basis we can only register one more non homegrown player, so its not just financial reasons that are stopping any incomings currently. 

How is Kelleher deemed homegrown but Robertson isn't?

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Klopp believes there won’t be too much transfer activity, and now wants the likes of Jones, Elliott, Williams & Musialowski, along with pros like Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shaqiri, and Minamino to show he doesn’t need to spend. Source: @MirrorFootball Journalist: @MaddockMirror

I read some words from klopp yesterday, stuff like "just because it wasn't their season last year, doesn't mean it won't be this year" and he picked out the midfield specifically.  But honestly it sounded to me he's planning to buy - I'm more confident we will bring in at least a midfielder after reading that. 

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

Just reading about Sturridge having a trial at Mallorca. Hope it works out for him. His injury record was frustrating but his contribution to the club is often overlooked. A great striker who scored some absolute belters (when fit). 

I think it was interesting that he had no club and could have joined anyone at any time that nobody thought he could do a turn for them, even clubs like Fulham and sheff United who were struggling for goals. His body must be completely gone or there's more to that betting thing he did than meets the eye. 

10 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Just reading about Sturridge having a trial at Mallorca. Hope it works out for him. His injury record was frustrating but his contribution to the club is often overlooked. A great striker who scored some absolute belters (when fit). 

At his best he was absolutely devastating. Pace of Torres combined with Fowler’s touch and finish. Loved him. One of the most underrated players we’ve had in recent times IMO.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think it was interesting that he had no club and could have joined anyone at any time that nobody thought he could do a turn for them, even clubs like Fulham and sheff United who were struggling for goals. His body must be completely gone or there's more to that betting thing he did than meets the eye. 

we seen that first hand.  He couldn’t run at all.  A great day when his contract ran out.

22 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Either that or he was waiting for a club that could provide good beaches. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, aRdja said:

At his best he was absolutely devastating. Pace of Torres combined with Fowler’s touch and finish. Loved him. One of the most underrated players we’ve had in recent times IMO.

He was a great signing and exactly what we needed at the time. Pity he turned into a lazy shithouse. 

He was no where fucking near as quick as Torres though. 

I wonder if Declan Rice is worth a look at as an extra midfielder (homegrown) I thought he was the best player on the pitch in the final last week before he was taken off. Throw Minamino or Origi into the deal. The sign Mbappe or Chiesa. 

Easy all this.  

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I wonder if Declan Rice is worth a look at as an extra midfielder (homegrown) I thought he was the best player on the pitch in the final last week before he was taken off. Throw Minamino or Origi into the deal. The sign Mbappe or Chiesa. 

Easy all this.  

Klopp could turn him in to an absolute baller but Wham! Will want ridiculous money for him. He needs to get away from David Moyes before he goes full workmanlike midfielder and never kicks on. I’d have a bash at Hair Do Phillips too. Got a budget Henderson look to him but not so budget that he wouldn’t be really good after a snuggle with Klopp.

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Easy all this.  

Rice is not good enough to play for us nor will he ever be. He can look good making lung burst charges up the pitch or physically imposing himself on an attacker running away from him. His awareness of danger is not at the level required but worst of all he can't and won't receive the ball in tight spaces. He's scared shitless to receive the ball on the half turn or even turn with it. He's the reason Italy had 73% possession. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

we seen that first hand.  He couldn’t run at all.  A great day when his contract ran out.

I don't get this mentality. I think it's far sadder to see a once great player so diminished by injuries that he has the ignomy of not being good enough for West fucking Brom rather then hooraying some book keeping adjustment for FSG.

• Upvote 4

Rice reminds me of an even more limited Emre Can, who has hardly been missed. Physically he's got everything, technically ... not so much.

I reckon Phillips would be great for us, but we're as likely to sign him as we are Cristiano Ronaldo. Long contract, England squad tax, no sign he's looking for a move.

Still think a forward should be higher prioroty than a midfielder. Need someone to replace Mane and/or Firmino if they play like they did last season. Mane in particular.

24 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Easy all this.  

No fucking chance - he’s the current hipsters Michael Carrick. 

Never good enough for us and completely unsuitable for a Klopp side. 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, No2 said:

Rice is not good enough to play for us nor will he ever be. He can look good making lung burst charges up the pitch or physically imposing himself on an attacker running away from him. His awareness of danger is not at the level required but worst of all he can't and won't receive the ball in tight spaces. He's scared shitless to receive the ball on the half turn or even turn with it. He's the reason Italy had 73% possession. 

tenor (76).gif

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

I don't get this mentality. I think it's far sadder to see a once great player so diminished by injuries that he has the ignomy of not being good enough for West fucking Brom rather then hooraying some book keeping adjustment for FSG.

Having no back up for our front three to speak of was great craic.  Whilst Sturbridge collecting 120k a week for fuck all.  My heart bleeds for him.

Not that getting rid of him helped much anyway. They just started pretending you couldn’t possibly sign a forward to compete with our front three.

2 hours ago, Lario said:

How is Kelleher deemed homegrown but Robertson isn't?

I think it's English and Welsh FA's and if they've come through the Academy? Seems stupid that someone like Robertson isn't counted as homegrown though. 

We need to get rid of Origi and Minamino to free up space in the squad. There must be a buyer out there?! 

I also think the club needs to be looking at a Henderson replacement/successor. He's getting on and his injuries won't help any longevity. What's our midfield going to look like in two years time?