You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Scruff Behaviour

Section_31

I used to work for a 'well known Liverpool catalogue and online retail' company. They had a machine in one of the warehouses that could detect if a suit had been worn by a dead body, because people used to order them for open coffin funerals and send them back. 

• Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

People, usually middle aged fellas, doing beak on a night out in Wetherspoons. Back and forth to the bogs all night.

People eating takeaway food on the bus, and even worse, not taking their rubbish with them when they get off.

I mean, surely they dont time it so that they are eating on the bus? Waiting at the stop so it gets cold?

When I get a takeaway like McDonalds (a regular amongst bus eaters) i tend to eat it in around 3 minutes.    

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I used to work for a 'well known Liverpool catalogue and online retail' company. They had a machine in one of the warehouses that could detect if a suit had been worn by a dead body, because people used to order them for open coffin funerals and send them back. 

Me nan used to be a catalogue agent and all the neighbours used to get stuff through her back in the 80s, 90s. One woman ordered a whole dinner set for Christmas, fed the family, washed it and sent it back. In fact they had a whole string of ex catalogue shops back then for this kind of scruff behaviour.

Woman in my Mrs's work always comes to the Christmas do wearing a dress with the label still attached so she can take it back. 

I used to also work for this company. One woman sent a pair of leather pants back and wanted her money back. The manager of my team had to phone her up saying they had piss stains inside and smelt so they could not be sold again.

One crank kept ringing and kicking off over the slightest thing but the management were too weak and ended up letting her have all kinds for free because she would literally phone 20 times a day complaining.

When my kids were born in the Royal we bought a photo set of them for about 20 quid off a professional photographer based at the hospital. This scally couple opposite my Mrs said it was a rip off and wouldn't pay it. One afternoon the lad went to a pub in town and robbed all these plastic menu holders and brought them back to the hospital. He tried selling them to people on the ward saying you could go to max spielman, get photos done off your phone then put them inside the plastic holders and it would be just as good. He tried selling them for a fiver each but got a cob on when no one took him up on his offer.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Me nan used to be a catalogue agent and all the neighbours used to get stuff through her back in the 80s, 90s. One woman ordered a whole dinner set for Christmas, fed the family, washed it and sent it back. In fact they had a whole string of ex catalogue shops back then for this kind of scruff behaviour.

Woman in my Mrs's work always comes to the Christmas do wearing a dress with the label still attached so she can take it back. 

My sister worked in a shop in Clayton square and there were about 10 regulars who would buy clothes on a Thursday or Friday then come back on Monday asking for their money back. Two dresses reeked of perfume and ciggies and another one had red wine spilt over the back of it. The guy started getting a cob on when they introduced credit notes but my sister overheard one saying "£35 to constantly rent clothes isn't that bad"

You wonder why people go to such lengths to avoid spending money even when they look like complete cunts but then scruffs don't have any shame.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I used to also work for this company. One woman sent a pair of leather pants back and wanted her money back. The manager of my team had to phone her up saying they had piss stains inside and smelt so they could not be sold again.

One crank kept ringing and kicking off over the slightest thing but the management were too weak and ended up letting her have all kinds for free because she would literally phone 20 times a day complaining.

When my kids were born in the Royal we bought a photo set of them for about 20 quid off a professional photographer based at the hospital. This scally couple opposite my Mrs said it was a rip off and wouldn't pay it. One afternoon the lad went to a pub in town and robbed all these plastic menu holders and brought them back to the hospital. He tried selling them to people on the ward saying you could go to max spielman, get photos done off your phone then put them inside the plastic holders and it would be just as good. He tried selling them for a fiver each but got a cob on when no one took him up on his offer.

Leather pants with piss stains? Surely that increased their value?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Champ said:

This thread is going to take longer to rep than a birthday thread.

Dave, what about upping the daily rep limit?

What is the daily rep limit? 

3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

People, usually middle aged fellas, doing beak on a night out in Wetherspoons. Back and forth to the bogs all night.

People eating takeaway food on the bus, and even worse, not taking their rubbish with them when they get off.

Theres a lad who gets my train at 6.20am and every single day he’s drinking a can of Red Stripe and eating a packet of Quavers. Must really set him up for the day.

Calling your kids a "fuckin dope"

Wearing pyjamas to the shop. 

Screaming "will you come on" to a fellow scruff when neither of you have a job and therefore fuck all to be in a hurry for. 

Bumming cigs.

Naming kids after American dickhead celebs. 

Putting chicken nuggets in kids school lunches (happened in my daughter's school)

Wearing fake tan and fake nails bringing kids to school. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool lad said:

People who go mad because it is free,

You know the types, all of a sudden they like an expensive drink because somebody else is picking the tab up

Had a footy team night out a couple of years back where we had built up a substantial amount of money for the kitty over the course of a year. Some lad who had played 2 weeks running turned up and tried taking the piss by wanting someone to go the bar every 5 minutes. Got told to fuck off after he'd had his £4 worth of the kitty. 

Also know a girl who goes out on dates with loads of different lads. Never pays for anything and always expects to be taken to the most expensive places in town. Says she always orders the most expensive drinks as well. Worst thing is that she's not that fit and doesn't even put out for any of the fellas she goes out with.

10 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Also know a girl who goes out on dates with loads of different lads. Never pays for anything and always expects to be taken to the most expensive places in town. Says she always orders the most expensive drinks as well. Worst thing is that she's not that fit and doesn't even put out for any of the fellas she goes out with.

Been burnt by her mate?