You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aston Villa 0 Liverpool 6 (Feb 14 2016)

tlw content

villareport2.jpg

This is probably he last time we’ll play at Villa Park for a while so it was nice to give Villa the kind of send off they deserve. Jurgen Klopp was very dignified afterwards and was determined not to kick Villa while they’re down, or about to go down, but I’m not that classy or dignified and frankly, I’m delighted to see them on the verge of relegation as their fans have been knobheads for years.

They reached the cup final last year and spent most of their time signing about Steven Gerrard. Hell, some of them even had a piss take birthday party for him on the train journey to Wembley before they got kicked by Arsenal. What will you be doing on Stevie’s birthday this year lads? Planning your away trips to Brentford and MK Dons maybe? Gobshites.

Christian Benteke almost single handedly kept them up in his time there, so even if he never scores another goal for us that £32m will be money well spent if it condemns Villa to a life in the lower leagues. Bye bye knob heads.

So anyway, yeah I enjoyed this one, although everything that follows in this report needs to be prefaced by the acknowledgement that this Villa side might just be the worst top flight team I can remember. They’re a disgrace and I don’t think we even needed to play that well to put six past them. We were alright, but this was nothing special.

All things considered, we might actually have played better in that midweek defeat at West Ham you know. This was almost like a pre-season game as Villa offered no resistance at all. Had we got anywhere near top gear we would have hit double figures. We can play a lot better than this with the ball, but I feel like the reason we won so easily was how we completely outworked them. We kept winning the ball off them and they became completely dispirited and eventually just gave up.

While it’s always nice to dish out a hammering to someone, I don’t think we should be shouting from the rooftops about this simply because of how bad Villa were, yet there’s no escaping how different things look now the injured forwards are back in the fold. Sturridge has only started two games under Klopp and we’ve scored six in both. That isn’t a co-incidence.

This is only a teaser, click here to view the article

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a one month FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for one month.

They look pretty seepish there to be fair, like they haven't quite got the confidence to take the piss out of anyone because they know they're shit, like when someone with an obvious birth defect takes the piss out of you at school then quickly remembers they're throwing stones from a glass house, then looks at you like a frightened puppy as if to say 'please don't mention my obvious birth defect, I forgot!'

• Upvote 2

They look pretty seepish there to be fair, like they haven't quite got the confidence to take the piss out of anyone because they know they're shit, like when someone with an obvious birth defect takes the piss out of you at school then quickly remembers they're throwing stones from a glass house, then looks at you like a frightened puppy as if to say 'please don't mention my obvious birth defect, I forgot!'

but then you inevitably do and feel a sense of self-loathing in the process. much like these whoppers experience on an almost hourly basis

Fucking hell, how small time is that? Was this on the way to the cup final? Imagine thinking that would be a good idea, i mean i could kind of understand if they were taking the piss out of a long standing Birmingham player having just knocked them out in the semi but seriously? Epic lad bants no doubt. I doubt even Everton would scrape this barrel.

Fucking hell, how small time is that? Was this on the way to the cup final? Imagine thinking that would be a good idea, i mean i could kind of understand if they were taking the piss out of a long standing Birmingham player having just knocked them out in the semi but seriously? Epic lad bants no doubt. I doubt even Everton would scrape this barrel.

Yeah, I think it was supposed to be a pointed reference to if stevie had of got to wembley with us, the cup final was his birthday. Small time twats.

It'll go over to the right as soon as Mr Dickwad explains exactly why Sturridge's two-games-under-Klopp six-goal phenomenon is not a coincidence.

Because he's fucking brilliant when he actually bothers to get his arse out there on the pitch. 

Bit like me really, eh Rog?