You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mignolet

Pureblood

You know when a player is about to take a penalty, and the little graphic shows up in the corner showing where they've been aimed and whether they went in.

I want to see one of those with all of Mignolets saves vs conceded, I'm interested to see if we would have literally been better off having a mannequin stood on the line this season.

• Upvote 1

Get the feeling that Klopp has an arm around Mignolet, like he’s made a point of wanting to see him turn into a man.

Every time he’s made a mistake it’s like Klopp goes to him and says “dropping you would be the easiest thing in the world right now, they say you can’t be saved but I’m going to prove them all wrong”.

Dropping Mignolet for good would be a massive deal for Klopp, he was his pet project, turning a shy lad into a man. He’s failed.

Seems to me like the only way Mignolet goes is if someone above Klopp tells him it’s over. And I think Klopp might even appreciate the ‘out’, to save face.

There’s no rational reason for Mignolet to be near our club anymore, we’re a CL team with a second division keeper.

• Upvote 2

Jurgen Klopp: Well, fans, there's nothing on earth like our genuine, bona fide, electrified goalkeeper Mignolet!

What'd I say?

Jordan Henderson: Mignolet!

Klopp: What's he called?

Lovren & Klaven: Mignolet!

Klopp: That's right! Mignolet!

[Liverpool players chant `Mignolet' softly and rhythmically]

Liverpool fan: I hear he's prone to basic mistakes...

Klopp: Saves to him are a piece of cake!

Jamie Carragher: Is there a chance he could make us lose?

Klopp: Not on your life, he'll soon prove.

Liverpool fan: What about us brain-dead fans?

Klopp: Next year's your year, my good man!

Kenny Dalglish: Were you sent here by the devil?

Klopp: No, good sir, I'm on the level.

Wayne Rooney: The ring came off my pudding can.

Klopp: Take my pen knife, my good man.

I swear he's Liverpool's only choice...

Throw up your hands and raise your voice!

Liverpool fans: Mignolet!

Klopp: Once again...

Steven Gerrard: But he flaps his hands like he's broken...

Henderson: Sorry, Dad, the mob has spoken!

All: Mignolet!

Mignolet!

Mignolet!

***Big finish***

Mignolet!

James Milner: Migno... D'oh!

• Upvote 4

Is there just an influx of people recently who have been kicked off RAWK or something?

This place is on life-support.

I think he's wondering if people are mind-readers rather than on life-support.

Jurgen Klopp: Well, fans, there's nothing on earth like our genuine, bona fide, electrified goalkeeper Mignolet!

What'd I say?

Mignolet!

Mignolet!

***Big finish***

Mignolet!

Bravo!

What'd I say?

Mignolet!

Mignolet!

***Big finish***

Mignolet!

Well played. 6c65088e9a0d9c192bd13511de001ecd.gif
  • Upvote 1

I assume here you mean Grabara, who's been playing for the U23s for 2 seasons now, despite not being 19 yet.

Actually, I think there's a decent argument he might be the best keeper on our books right now. Still young and raw, and obviously not really ready for first team minutes yet, but he is a future star in my opinion. We've had a good number of top youth goalkeepers over the years, but he is right at the top and if he can keep improving and show the kind of form he's shown at U23 level when he gets a chance, he will be a long-term goalkeeper for us.

A young keeper emerging under the guidance of Achterberg to become our new first team keeper?

Somehow I’m not holding my breath!

• Upvote 1

What is this Kevin Trapp at PSG like who we seem to be linked with? Lost his place in their team was it because he was crap not aware of them having a great keeper who had replaced him.

PSG haven't had great keepers since they won the lottery. The Italian Salvatore Sirigu was the No1 for the first few years, then Kevin Trapp was first choice for a couple of years. Now the first choice is a young Frenchman named Alphonse Areola, who's a bit of a tit. Trapp probably falls under that list of German goalkeepers who are around Karius' level like Timo Horn or even Bernd Leno - ie, Ter Stegen is better and Neuer is a LOT better - but still young enough that they could improve and move up a few levels themselves. They have invested in good defenders, or at least ones who can easily cope with the rigeurs of Ligue 1.

Incidentally, for all the mistakes Mignolet makes, I don't think he's looked as bad as the Swiss goalkeeper Roman Burki has at Dortmund. Part of Dortmund's problem defensively is that it looks like their defenders don't trust Burki behind them.

• Upvote 1

PSG haven't had great keepers since they won the lottery. The Italian Salvatore Sirigu was the No1 for the first few years, then Kevin Trapp was first choice for a couple of years. Now the first choice is a young Frenchman named Alphonse Areola, who's a bit of a tit. Trapp probably falls under that list of German goalkeepers who are around Karius' level like Timo Horn or even Bernd Leno - ie, Ter Stegen is better and Neuer is a LOT better - but still young enough that they could improve and move up a few levels themselves. They have invested in good defenders, or at least ones who can easily cope with the rigeurs of Ligue 1.

Incidentally, for all the mistakes Mignolet makes, I don't think he's looked as bad as the Swiss goalkeeper Roman Burki has at Dortmund. Part of Dortmund's problem defensively is that it looks like their defenders don't trust Burki behind them.

Dortmund will never walk alone.