You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mignolet

Pureblood

Sweet.

Yeah, I know. But ffs how relevant is it if Lloris had a bad game. One bad game. Doesn’t make Mignolet any better, which I guess was your point?

The stats over a longer period of time shows that Mignolet lets in half of the total attempts on target. Which is shockingly bad. A couple of mistakes from a different goalkeeper isn’t gonna change that. Unfortunately, cause that’s would probably be his best shot at improving.

Yeah, I know. But ffs how relevant is it if Lloris had a bad game. One bad game. Doesn’t make Mignolet any better, which I guess was your point?

The stats over a longer period of time shows that Mignolet lets in half of the total attempts on target. Which is shockingly bad. A couple of mistakes from a different goalkeeper isn’t gonna change that. Unfortunately, cause that’s would probably be his best shot at improving.

I think Mig needs upgrading. However we don’t need to drop him right now. Not many around here called for him to be dropped before the Arsenal game. He’s havinga decent enough season otherwise. If he continues to make costly errors then yeah we should drop him.

Lloris has not had just one bad game. He let in a couple of gaffs against Chelsea and City recently. This idea that Lloris just had a bad game yesterday is bollocks. He is as gaff prone as Mignolet.

Lloris has not had just one bad game. He let in a couple of gaffs against Chelsea and City recently. This idea that Lloris just had a bad game yesterday is bollocks. He is as gaff prone as Mignolet.

Maybe he is, but he saves far more. As do all other keepers in the PL. And if Lloris is dropping to Mignolet levels, which I doubt, then it still doesn’t make Mignolet any better. In fact the only thing I reckon will happen if he does is that Spurs replace him with someone better.

I think Mig needs upgrading. However we don’t need to drop him right now. Not many around here called for him to be dropped before the Arsenal game. He’s havinga decent enough season otherwise. If he continues to make costly errors then yeah we should drop him.

Well then we fully agree that we need a better GK. Right? I’m not necessarily calling for Mignolet to be dropped for Karius. I’m calling for him to be replaced by a far better keeper. If Karius isn’t, and he hasn’t shown that he is yet, then we need to go out and find one. If we can’t find a very good one in January, we may need to look for a decent one that can be 2nd choice long term. Cause we can’t live with what we have now.

Maybe he is, but he saves far more. As does all other keepers in the PL. And if Lloris is dropping to Mignolet levels, which I doubt, then it still doesn’t make Mignolet any better. In fact the only thing I reckon will happen if he does is that Spurs replace him with someone better.

Of course it does not make Mignolet better. I do not know why you keep mentioning it. Everyone knows Mignolet nor Karius is good enough for us. What is a fact though is Lloris is as much a flapper as Mig is so people saying they would take Lloris would be massively disappointed.

Of course it does not make Mignolet better. I do not know why you keep mentioning it. Everyone knows Mignolet nor Karius is good enough for us. What is a fact though is Lloris is as much a flapper as Mig is so people saying they would take Lloris would be massively disappointed.

It was brought up as a respons to the poster who claims Mignolet has had a good season, and who brought Lloris’ performance against Soton up.

It was aimed at the poster who claims Mignolet has had a good season, and who brought Lloris’ performance against Soton up.

OK. I think he is pretty poor. But I would not want Lloris to replace him either. I think we need a quality keeper. Hopefully Jurgen can find us one before the start of next season.

OK. I think he is pretty poor. But I would not want Lloris to replace him either. I think we need a quality keeper. Hopefully Jurgen can find us one before the start of next season.

Couldnt agree more. And realistically I accept that nothing will probably happen until the summer.

In the mean time let’s hope VDD will make us more solid. Even if I expect him to take some time to adapt and hit his best form.

• Upvote 1

It was brought up as a respons to the poster who claims Mignolet has had a good season, and who brought Lloris’ performance against Soton up.

You’re missing the context. It was against a sudden wave of calls to drop him after the Arsenal game of which took an opposite side of the argument as dropping a goalie to the bench off the back of a mistake in an otherwise decent season, would be too harsh and as we suffered around this time last season, detrimental. I brought Lloris up support the point I made then, that all goalkeepers, even the best ones like Lloris and Cech make mistakes throughout the season.

You’re missing the context. It was against a sudden wave of calls to drop him after the Arsenal game of which took an opposite side of the argument as dropping a goalie to the bench off the back of a mistake in an otherwise decent season, would be too harsh and as we suffered around this time last season, detrimental. I brought Lloris up support the point I made then, that all goalkeepers, even the best ones like Lloris and Cech make mistakes throughout the season.

Ok, fair enough. Fully agree that all goalkeepers make mistakes.

But maintain my point from earlier in the thread that Mignolets main issue isn’t the number of pure mistakes, it’s the genuine lack of quality.

And as it seems we now agree we need a new keeper, a genuine question, do you still think he’s had a good season? If you’re in doubt, I dont.

Ok, fair enough. Fully agree that all goalkeepers make mistakes.

But maintain my point from earlier in the thread that Mignolets main issue isn’t the number of pure mistakes, it’s the genuine lack of quality.

And as it seems we now agree we need a new keeper, a genuine question, do you still think he’s had a good season? If you’re in doubt, I dont.

Yeah I think he’s having a good enough season. A 6/10. I don’t remember too many games where he was a deciding factor in losing or gaining points.

The stats dont show shit kicking and the panic he causes.

Panic is the operative word for Mingolet. He spreads it through our team and support and offers oxygen to the opposition. The game at Leicester is perfect example, we were strolling to another routine 5-1 away win when he decides to play the clown near the corner flag. Suddenly 11 players and 25000 supporter's who were settling in for a good bumming remembered there is always hope with him around. His dithering with his feet and inside his head can instantly change the mood inside the crowd.