You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mignolet

Pureblood

Did you not see the game. Lloris at fault for both goals conceeded. Forster was no better though.

That's nice, however any one with a working brain cell can see Lloris is better week in week out.

Making mistakes, which all keepers do isnt and hasnt ever been the problem.

• Upvote 1

Even De Gea makes mistakes but good goalies make up for that over the course of the season by winning points through making lots of good saves. Mignolet doesn't win us games because his save ratio is pitiful and he makes mistakes regularly. We'd be 2nd with a good keeper.

• Upvote 1

My point is that he doesn’t deserve dropping because of that mistake as all goalkeepers including the best ones make mistakes, as he’s had a good season overall so far.

Your definition of a good season is very very different to mine it seems!

We tried that last season to our detriment remember?

Karius started last season as Klopp's Number 1 but Lovren broke his hand and he struggled to get his confidence back as shithouse so-called fans wrote him off. It's been another season, more time to adjust and he also now has experience playing in the Champions League. I think he's better than Mignolet because the majority of the time for us the goalie just has to kick the ball out and it's not as if Mignolet wins us points consistently. The problem is that he will make some obvious mistakes being young and then the shithouse media and fans get on his back.

Since the league is essentially a battle for top 4 now I think Klopp will persist with Mignolet so as not to affect Karius's confidence and have him as Number 1 in the league starting next season. I think he'd have done the same with Alexander-Arnold and Gomez as well if Clyne's injury hadn't forced his hand. 

• Upvote 1

Karius started last season as Klopp's Number 1 but Lovren broke his hand and he struggled to get his confidence back as shithouse so-called fans wrote him off. It's been another season, more time to adjust and he also now has experience playing in the Champions League. I think he's better than Mignolet because the majority of the time for us the goalie just has to kick the ball out and it's not as if Mignolet wins us points consistently. The problem is that he will make some obvious mistakes being young and then the shithouse media and fans get on his back. Since the league is essentially a battle for top 4 now I think Klopp will persist with Mignolet so as not to affect Karius's confidence and have him as Number 1 in the league starting next season. I think he'd have done the same with Alexander-Arnold and Gomez as well if Clyne's injury hadn't forced his hand.

A very good post from you Hades.

I too think Karius is better than Mignolet but I fear for him making a mistake with our 'tolerant' fans.

So Mignolet keeps a clean sheet last night. Dare I say it but I could have played in goal and the result would have been the same. It pisses me off the Mignolet is on twitter saying 'respond in the right way' etc etc.

Is he that deluded in himself he thinks that is OK?

Stay off social media I say, prove your worth the the fans that pay your fucking wages first and foremost.

He is a gobshite of the highest order.

Does Mignolet face less shots per game than other keepers in the division?

There was a stat a couple of weeks back that we had no shots on target against us in 8 of the last 64 games (iirc). Off the top of my head I remember Everton Utd and Burnley only having one shot on target each. Our system of attack as best form of defense works brilliantly when executed properly, a better CB and Keeper could do wonders for when it doesn't work so well.