You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Shaw just doesn't make sense as a signing. Not now. He will almost certainly never be as good as the money Chelsea will end up paying, plus there are lots of other questions about him: how will he react to the pressures of moving away from home, to a bigger club, playing for a side where your every mistake is overanalysed, and for a fee that means you have to perform at a top level straight away.

It's not a smart transfer for the money being spoken about. Not in my opinion, anyway.

Agreed, Fabio Coentrao would be my choice.

He would be much cheaper, and is also versatile enough to play in a few different positions.

I honestly think we would have a chance of getting Shaw if we went in for him.

Everyone knows Brendan likes to play youngsters and with our situation at lb Shaw would probably be a starter for us while at chelsea there is no guarantees.

When he got the phone call for the England call up there was a picture of him crying so this is obviously important to him and being on the bench at chelsea wont help his chances, sakho left his boyhood club to come here to get in international team

Lets not forget we also play some of the best football in Europe with one of the best up and coming young managers, we should atleast try for him.

Edited by JermainePennant

No problem with attempting to sign Shaw but as NV said the money being talked about as well as the other things myself and others have stated make me think it's extremely unlikely. In my opinion Southampton will only sell if Shaw pushes for a move and I believe the only place he'd push for that move to is to Chelsea, who conveniently enough have loads of money to make both him and Southampton happy with the deal.

Haven't seen or read much of anything about Coentrao since he joined Real Madrid but I wanted us to sign him before he went there so if it's a case of him just not getting games because he's at Madrid then I'd be fine with him provided they don't try to fleece us on the price. Porto's LB Alex Sadro has looked good to me everytime I've seen him (which admittedly isn't a whole lot), he's 23, and seems to be headed in the right direction, would be less expensive than Shaw as well I'd imagine.

Have no idea what's up with Ricardo Rodriguez but I'll be an expert once I head on over to youtube.

Its difficult. Our attack has been superb I would be reluctant to change it. At the same time I dont like us buying squad players it has to be a first teamer for me but it would be unfair on the player who drops out. Ideally it would be someone who could play on the left or the right of our attack. Bring suso back to fill out the numbers too.

id go for a left sided cm with the energy to press and pass to take allens role and a left back.

Who these players are I have no idea.

I still want Kovacic at the club. Probably not going to happen but he i the right age, technical and would fit in well with our team.

How opinions difer, I don't think of him as the usual Croatian overhyped shite, but he's good at the moment but I don't think he's great yet.. Got the time on his side, same as Modrič for me, he's good bot not that good or even great, there is something missing. Even Mandžukić who has been a monster for Bayer, I doubt he would score as many anywhere else, kinda like Pedro and Barca, but can't say aything against Mandžos work ethic, Olič-esque. If Pogba is the best young CM, than I don't see Kovačić on that level, my opinion of course..

Give a fuck. He's isn't fit to clean Sterling's boots. The greedy, shit named, cunt. Fuck off and play for Tiny Tim battling it out with the Bitters for 5th.

• Upvote 2