You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Pogba is very unlikely but we would be mad not to at least make enquiries if he becomes available.

I like Caulker but where would that leave Ilori? It's going to be a tough balancing act for us next season in terms of finding game time for some of the younger players. There's no doubt that we'll need a bigger squad and more quality for the CL but it will still leave good young players like Wisdom, Ilori, Alberto, Suso and so on looking at only a handful of first team appearances.

Anyway, I still think that Lallana would be an excellent fit for us and I've love to see us get him. I just think he's the type of player who is ready for the step up and has the right kind of mentality to fit with our current set up.

Lallana is going to be top, top drawer I reckon. I just don't think his type of player is a priority for us at the minute. Plus, his stock is really high at the moment (just got in the national set-up etc) so Southampton are going to be looking for way too much right now to even think about selling.

Fair enough. It's just a gut feeling that I have that he would be a really good signing for us. Obviously I rate him as a player as well - he has impressed me every time I've seen him. But I'm mostly going off instinct here (much the same as when I wanted us to appoint Rodgers from the available candidates at the time.)

Man Utd didn't release Pogba. He contract was up and he refused to sign a new one and left.

That said, Ferguson fucked up big time there. He wasn't playing Pogba and Pogba rightly got frustrated. He knew he was better than that. And Ferguson obviously didn't.

Was a fuck up of all fuck ups as far as releasing a young player goes.

Read that there was a game where Ferguson shuffled it around and moved Rafael into centre midfield when Pogba was on the bench, apparently that was the final straw for Pogba.

Would people have Micha Richards then? Is he fucked or what? 

Recall Borini and Suso and Ibe from loan.

Buy a left back, a right back, a centre back, a central  midfielder and an attacker/forward.

easy peasy.

Word. Although I don't know if I'd buy a centre-back unless we shifted Agger on. Which I don't think I'd do unless it was good money we could put towards buying someone else. 

Didn't Marca have him going to Madrid last season?

The Daily Star told me that Les Ferdinand "will" be a Liverpool player. Still waiting. Suppose he could still do a job. Supersub.

Pogba is good, but (a) we won't get him, (b) Vidal is much better.

I've said it before, but a cheeky bid for Luciano Vietto from Racing Club in Argentina. The lads going to be massive.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yep. Been beating the Vietto drum myself over on the MF. I wouldn't put in a cheeky bid, though; I'd make them an offer they couldn't refuse.